Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's not a show that will sell a single console to someone who's not already invested in Nintendo but for me, I think it has just convinced me to get a Wii U.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Probably just me, but I was extremely disappointed in what Nintendo brought to the table.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only got the second half of the show but it's a very muted show for Nintendo, probably the worst they've had since the 'connectivity' presentation.

Mario Maker does look fun. Like Little Big Planet except instead of being a great physics playground but an awful platformer it will at least be fun to play :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That was a little disappointing.

Thought the 3DS stuff and Star Fox looked cool. Mario Maker is a great idea and I'm sure loads will make great levels but I've never really been into creating user content.

Really thought with all the emphasise on Mario that we'd get a Galaxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Thing I want most from that presentation is a book on the making of Mario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Probably just me, but I was extremely disappointed in what Nintendo brought to the table.

I'm the exact same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I wonder what that means for Zelda Wii U though. They're going to be releasing details on the NX next year and I can really see it being cross-gen in the same way Twilight Princess was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Starfox looks great. I hope they don't skimp on the difficulty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

blag wrote: »
    Only interested in Starfox and even then I'd have preferred if it wasn't dual screen but we'll see how it turns out.

Edit: Mario Maker for sure also

Mario Maker (should be fun creating levels with the kids) and Wooly World would be two I'll probably get. Star Fox doesn't do much for me and they way he described gameplay on the tv screen as 'cinematic' would concern me initially - are you effectively playing the game on the gamepad then? That would put me off.

Xenoblade looks lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Didn't really like the 3DS Zelda games or Metroid.
    Yarn Yoshi looks lovely (like the pretty woman presenting it) :o
    Xenoblade looks good as does Mario Maker and Star Fox but nothing new :(
    New Paper Mario Saga and Fire Emblem is sweet
    It missed Zelda and Metroid WiiU
    Nintendo gets hurt with no 3rd parties

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bring on square enix!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Starfox looks great. I hope they don't skimp on the difficulty.

They've never been difficult games, the only difficulty in 64 is getting gold medals on Hard mode and that's more learning the stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The release date they showed after the xenoblade trailer was for Japan lol

The 4th December? It's definitely the Western release. The Japanese release was the 29th April.

That booklet for Super Mario Maker does look awesome.

Looking forward to Square now. They actually have a really good line up of games. Should see Hitman, Just Cause, Deus Ex and I guess Kingdom Hearts.

It'd also be nice to see a better Tomb Raider gameplay demo. The QTE's in the reboot really annoyed me and they seem to still be there going by yesterday.

Do we expect any new IPs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Poor showing from Ninty. I reckon PC Masterace will win E3 tonight.

Starfox looks rubbish graphically to be fair, the play through on the Treehouse looks like something from the early Wii days.

Gameplay wise I'm sure it'll be on the money..... but it does not look good, the dual screen thing... ugghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So that was SMT X Fire Emblem.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Poor showing from Ninty. I reckon PC Masterace will win E3 tonight.

I'm not so sure. It's sponsored by AMD and PCGamer. Maybe a few indie reveals along with some footage with some already announced games.

Only Half Life 3 reveal will salvage my day. :D

So a poor showing from Nintendo. A big improvement in Microsofts E3 presentations but they have improved from boring and dull so disappointing as well and a Sony conference that was disappointing as well and all the praise being heaped on them is for unveiling third party multiformat games and sending an industry legend on stage to beg.

It's kind of indicative of how the industry is going that the third party conferences are way better than the first party ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Decent enough conference really. Lot of content packed into it. I can understand people wanting the new Metroid, F-Zero's etc but they don't really show those games like that. Little bit disappointed there wasn't a new title announced for Wii U besides Mario Tennis.

• Advertisement

There won't be an F-Zero, Mario Kart is meant to fill that gap now, hence all the F-Zero tracks etc

Forgot that Yoshi's Woolly World is out next week.

How exactly does Starfox control, is it essentially just controlled via the gamepad and the on screen stuff is just for a more complete view?

Edit: Looks like the gamepad is more for extra precision, that's a bit better than I was imagining.

Xenji wrote: »
    Forgot that Yoshi's Woolly World is out next week.

But nobody forgot about Arkham Knight being out next week when Playstation did their presentation. Double standards maybe? :D

I suppose they showed plenty of exclusives and everything looked like it would range from good to excellent but nothing really ground breaking. Xenoblade looks amazing but it's a known quantity since it's out a month in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So a poor showing from Nintendo. A big improvement in Microsofts E3 presentations but they have improved from boring and dull so disappointing as well and a Sony conference that was disappointing as well and all the praise being heaped on them is for unveiling third party multiformat games and sending an industry legend on stage to beg.

It's kind of indicative of how the industry is going that the third party conferences are way better than the first party ones.

He may be an industry legend but Shenmue bombed considering it's costs. Most of Sony's games shown won't be Xbox One. The Last Guardian won't and Shenmue won't imo, along with Uncharted

Okay.. this seems like old E3. A lot of dull business talk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

faussy wrote: »
    Please Square-Enix...save us from this Nintendo crap....

Go away.

That image of Tokyo Dark looks interesting, its being Kickstarted by Cherrymochi.

• Advertisement

So Starfox is a collaboration with Platinum, that's really interesting :D

Advertisement