Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Merces wrote: »
    And Enchanted Arms. I think that only other JRPG only one yet to be mentioned.

Resonance of Fate too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The PC show is next?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's not till 1am but ya it's next.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fatal Frame 5 trailer shown coming to wiiu in winter. Looks like it's a game the wiiu was made for, great use of the game pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's nice to see them make use of the WiiU pad anyway.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Fatal Frame 5 trailer shown coming to wiiu in winter. Looks like it's a game the wiiu was made for, great use of the game pad.

God not played one since the 1st one , and then it was called Project Zero here.

Edit: Actually looks like the game I remember on PS2 which is a rare thing these days.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So I was out and about today and I missed everything. Anything of note that'd make it worth watching and isn't Nintendo (who stopped being relevant to me 20 years ago when I became a grown up)?

Shiminay wrote: »
    So I was out and about today and I missed everything. Anything of note that'd make it worth watching and isn't Nintendo (who stopped being relevant to me 20 years ago when I became a grown up)?

Half Life 3 was announced internet slowly recovering :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Good to see it back again after they did not give Mask of the Lunar Eclipse a western release.

Seriously though for me as a none PS4 owner it was a bitter old day , they announced Nier 2 as an exclusive and Star Ocean.

Other big hitters from Square like Deus EX, Hitman and JC 3 shown but we knew about all of those already really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Personally i liked the look of Tom Clancy: Ghost Recon:Wildlands. Have not played any of the Tom Clancy games in years,mostly because a lot of them have been terrible,but this has caught my attention.

As i get older im more into the co operative element of multiplayer shooters than the traditional versues. Games like Counter Strike and CoD are lost on me as im not willing to put in massive amounts of hours to be competitive at them. Arma,Borderlands series,Sniper Elite 3 are just a few examples of games ive played recently that ive enjoyed the coop.

Speaking of Arma,really looking forward to the terrain reveal later. Not a major fan of Altis or Stratis so hoping for something totally different from those 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

Any idea if there is a single player campaign in Ghost Recon? Never played any of them before so not sure what sort of games they are.

I don't remember E3 being so good in years. Is it usually this good?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Redo91 wrote: »
    Any idea if there is a single player campaign in Ghost Recon? Never played any of them before so not sure what sort of games they are.

The stage demos say yes, with AI team squad mates. This game is not like any other Ghost Recon game as this is open world and you can drive and fly.

Ghost Recon started out life as a first person spec ops military version of Rainbox Six's SWAT style gameplay.

They have changed so much with each game. The GRAW series was good but different, it was first person on PC and third person on consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I genuinely feel sorry for all the games you've missed then.

It's about the same really, Microsoft had a very good year for a change while EA just lost the plot. Everyone else was just coasting along nicely. Ubi had some nice suprises though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

It's the new console cycle finally kicking into gear. 2013 had the unveiling of the next-gen consoles but very few games (Krank and Killzone etc). 2014 was too early into the now current-gen development that it was all about remasters, under-developed games being pushed for Christmas 2014, and promising games for 2015 and beyond. We're finally getting a barrage of new content and it's a great time to be a gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Sony just announced it's helping to fund shenmue 3, so just on pc and playstation then

It's about the same really, Microsoft had a very good year for a change while EA just lost the plot. Everyone else was just coasting along nicely. Ubi had some nice suprises though.

if you are genuinely the great sony stuff thats fine but if you are including them in the coasting nicely....well you are wrong

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Corholio wrote: »
    I genuinely feel sorry for all the games you've missed then.

I've had this discussion here before :p I am a pc gamer, I enjoy competitive multi-player and having proper tools to control my games. Nintendo offers me none of this with the rare exception of Smash, but I'm not a fighting game player.

Having seen the way that company has had to literally be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century to allow the people who are their biggest fans stream their games (and they have still got it arse over tit; just look at the YouTube monetisation bullsht), they can get fked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Unravel was that one game that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Can't wait for it!

Wow. Unravel looks amazing. Sort of like a mixture between Limbo and Little Big Planet.

Is the PC showcase at 1:30 or 2:30?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

tok9 wrote: »
    Holy crap.. the Xbox elite controller is $150

They made some good announcements today but they clearly left out the small print.

50% cheaper than a Scuff so an excellent price to be honest

when half life 3 is announced

Brooklyn99-Andre+Braugher-Holt-Happy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Is the PC showcase at 1:30 or 2:30?

1am I think. 9 mins time..

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    1am I think. 9 mins time..

Cheers! FFS. The internet on my PS4 is acting up. Bleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Master race caps at the ready folks.... :)

if you are genuinely the great sony stuff thats fine but if you are including them in the coasting nicely....well you are wrong

What great Sony stuff? I only got the bullet point of that show as I fell asleep waiting for it to start. I was up at 5am for work so I didn't want to do an all nighter.

It was by the numbers from Sony from what I could see. MS finally did like wise after years of faffing around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PC showcase delayed until 2am. **** that. Sony last night killed me.

• Advertisement

Can we also ban any PC master race bollox during it? It's going to be an absolute pain to read.

Advertisement