Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

How you can have a conference on PC gaming without valve is beyond me, not expecting hl3 or anything but valve should be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I thought no man sky was confirmed for pc a while ago? Why make an announcement that it's coming to pc after showing a trailer for it? Weird. That's enough for me. 60,000 people have logged off with half an hour to go. Somehow I doubt they're saving the best for last.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It's over. Thought there was 30 mins left obviously not. That was rather boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

No Mans Sky was announced for PC awhile ago alright,but it think most thought it would launch on PS4 well before it got to PC. Glad to hear its coming at the same time,pay half the price on PC as well hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

How you can have a conference on PC gaming without valve is beyond me, not expecting hl3 or anything but valve should be there

Valve rarely do E3, and it's been known for a while that they wouldn't be doing this one.
    I thought no man sky was confirmed for pc a while ago? Why make an announcement that it's coming to pc after showing a trailer for it? Weird. That's enough for me. 60,000 people have logged off with half an hour to go. Somehow I doubt they're saving the best for last.

NMS was initially announced for PC only, but seems Sony got involved following the hype of the initial reveal. There were fears they'd be getting a timed exclusive, but thankfully that isn't happening now.

Anyway, that was rather insipid. Glad it's over!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dair76 wrote: »
    It's just very dull, let's be honest.

Completely agree. It's nice to have it but hopefully next year it's better. One problem is, it was last. All the good stuff has been announced already. It's been a good E3 for PC gaming just not the PC gaming slot. Hopefully, they do it again next year and improve it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

My problem with it is they said it was impossible, now they are saying it's really simple. So they lied about it?

Watching the devs talk about it after what they essentially done is put a 360 emulator into the XB1 OS that was their work around

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Since my twitter feed didn't explode, I take it not much was said in the PC conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So no HL3 then? Oh well there's always next year I suppose. The new Arma 3 map looks cool, looking forward to that.

I'm assuming that the PC master race showcase was a damp squib then? Guess that means the consoles won e3.

Ha, nah, I can't be arsed getting into any sort of debate, but I've just always wanted to kick the hornet's nest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Far more anti-pc gamer posts in the last few pages of this thread, but whatever.

Anyway, pretty boring conference from the PC to be fair. They really needed a few big name games at it, but since pretty much everything had already been announced, there was very little left to show. Hopefully it's better next year.

Overall, Bethesda had the best show for me, followed by Microsoft.

Kiith wrote: »
    Far more anti-pc gamer posts in the last few pages of this thread, but whatever.

Anyway, pretty boring conference from the PC to be fair. They really needed a few big name games at it, but since pretty much everything had already been announced, there was very little left to show. Hopefully it's better next year.

I'm exclusively a PC gamer. The PC announcements were ****. There is no other way to say it.

Just watched the Half Life 3 guy clip. That was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was quite disappointed to see the HL3 thread wasn't bumped even if it was just for the lols...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kiith wrote: »

Yeah i'm Bethesda>MS>Sony>Ninty>Ubisoft>Squenix>EA

Fallout 4 Game of the Show as they at least showed gameplay but kudos to Naughty Dog too for doing a live demo it crashing was a good thing too imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The thing is since the gen 7 consoles launching 2005-2006 the PC has little to no big exclusives anymore, both a good and bad development depending on the side of the fence. Most games are all cross plat now. It's just graphics and mods that set the PC world apart mainly.

The PC as a gaming platform has little big hitting exclusives left. It's not like the gap in performance there was in console gen 6 to PC was huge back then and that was what drove me into PC gaming with likes of Half Life and System Shock 2 and of course the flight sims like Falcon 4 while consoles were stuck with Ace Combat 2.

Ive got through Sony and MS this mornimg and i have to say MS had the better confrence IMO. Be interested to see how mods for console turns out,and how long it would stay free if it works. Not happy to see early access on console,on PC these games can be got very cheap so unless there priced similarly on console it would be a huge risk to invest large amounts of money into games that may never be completed. Caveat emptor applies,on PC anyway. They may curate it a bit more on console hopefully

Bethesda tomorrow if i have time,and see if i can find a highlight reel for PC show. As bad as it may have been at least there is a place for PC now at E3 and hopefully it gets better next year

I think the point of free content being a selling point for MS is that in general MS do not put free content up on XBL. In the past they charged for content on the 360 that was free for PC gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The thing is since the gen 7 consoles launching 2005-2006 the PC has little to no big exclusives anymore, both a good and bad development depending on the side of the fence. Most games are all cross plat now. It's just graphics and mods that set the PC world apart mainly.

The PC as a gaming platform has little big hitting exclusives left. It's not like the gap in performance there was in console gen 6 to PC was huge back then and that was what drove me into PC gaming with likes of Half Life and System Shock 2 and of course the flight sims like Falcon 4 while consoles were stuck with Ace Combat 2.

The gap in performance is still huge, but games are developed with consoles as the target now because there's so much money to be made there and it's much easier than is used to be to create a cross-platform title. This is holding back the PC.

Look at the scale of the advancement in PC graphics from 1995-2005 for example, then compare that to 2005-2015. A high end PC now is delivering a fraction of what it would be capable of if development was still focused on PC exclusives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The gap in performance is still huge, but games are developed with consoles as the target now because there's so much money to be made there and it's much easier than is used to be to create a cross-platform title. This is holding back the PC.

Look at the scale of the advancement in PC graphics from 1995-2005 for example, then compare that to 2005-2015. A high end PC now is delivering a fraction of what it would be capable of if development was still focused on PC exclusives.

Just out of curiosity, would pirating be a factor when it comes to companies not being as willing to produce content solely for the PC?

• Advertisement

I haven't seen the PC conference but yesterday didn't change my opinion at all really. Nintendo and Square weren't as good as the previous conferences.

I still personally think Sony had the best conference but I did like the majority of them.

Square just need to get some energy into theirs and less talking really. Just seemed like a really boring business meeting which was annoying as they actually had some good games to show!

Then for me Nintendo were the opposite. They have the show will cut etc but the majority of the content just didn't resonate with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

ERG89 wrote: »
    Yeah i'm Bethesda>MS>Sony>Ninty>Ubisoft>Squenix>EA

Bethesda>Sony>MS>Ubisoft>Ninty>EA>Squenix

For me

There are plenty of exclusives on PC,strange that seems to come up a bit. Im sure its that they just dont get the media coverage console games do. LoL and Dota 2 are huge now,with players in the millions. Counter Strike,Arma,Total War games,Civ games etc are another few off the top of my head. Id stick in Star Citizen as well but thats not finished

On piracy,it would be silly to think devs dont put some thought into how it affects PC sales. And id say its a factor in making consoles their lead platform. But as PC exclusive games have proven currently and in the past piracy is not a barrier to being successful on PC as a platform. Make a good game and its easier than ever for people to get the game at a decent price without pirating.

Actually Cormac reminded me EA were awful. Ninty was a better conference (direct) than that.

The gap is huge but what I'm saying is.

Way back when Medal of Honour was out on the PC, it was the dogs danglies. Console at the time had to get a cut down console version that was nothing like the PC version.

Fast forwad to COD2 on the PC, great at the time yet again. Then Xbox 360 comes along at he end of 2005 and gets a direct port of the game just graphically scaled down.

This was the beginning of the end of the PC lead in gaming, so sad to see.
    PC games to day should be on another level. I left PC gaming towards the end of 2007 as I found it was not worth it anymore with upgrades for the returns while consoles were more or less doing the job for me gaming wise.

If PCs were let loose and developers were not afraid to push I would start building a new rig tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sony for me of course since it has showcased the best games as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

RasTa wrote: »
    Sony for me of course since it has showcased the best games as usual.
    Yep, Call of Duty looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Oh dear god, here we go again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If you think ms had a better e3 overall than sony do you mean conference or overall??

Because personally I think other confrences announcing the sony console exlusives (SHENMUE 3) means sony did better overall

On the piracy, the likes of steam etc prove that once you don't charge 75 quid a ****ing game pc players will buy your game and not pirate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Yep, Call of Duty looks amazing.

you play cod, a **** ton.

Advertisement