Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

bradlente wrote: »
    The Shenmue thing feels like an experiment on their part to find out just how pissed off or receptive people would be to the idea.The majority of fan reaction will give them the information they want.If what they did does no damage to their sales then it'll likely happen again.I think it will happen again considering how many people are throwing money at them.
    Followed most of the goings on here and it was gas.If I play one game from everything on display it'll be Cuphead,that's the only game I seen and felt I will need to play it when it's released (don't play much anymore).

then you will probably miss out on a cracker called unravel.

Tbh I would be ok with companies doing it if it meant I could buy games for 26 euro new.

Oh did anyone notice the 120 quid game nintendo announced?? 4 players but each player needs an amiibo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

then you will probably miss out on a cracker called unravel.
    Tbh I would be ok with companies doing it if it meant I could buy games for 26 euro new.

Yeah Unravel looks great,I'll probably play that too!

If a good portion of the money goes back to the people buying the game it would feel more acceptable alright,I guess it's irrelevant if people are funding them regardless.

bradlente wrote: »
    Yeah Unravel looks great,I'll probably play that too!

If a good portion of the money goes back to the people buying the game it would feel more acceptable alright,I guess it's irrelevant if people are funding them regardless.

Go out now and look at a new release and it's generally 75 odd euro, if not no cheaper than 59.99

I will gladly fund something 2 years out for 26 euro for saving 50

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Go out now and look at a new release and it's generally 75 odd euro, if not no cheaper than 59.99

Where the **** are you buying your games, gamestop!? :eek:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Where the **** are you buying your games, gamestop!? :eek:

nope pc gamer, but I was on about the console prices a s a general

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

After wading through the last 10 pages since last night and suffering serious deja vu, all I have gleamed is that Pillars of Eternity is getting an expansion, I suppose it was worth it for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

LOLipops! :D:D

I buy most my games for €5-30.

Nothing dodgy, i just have patience :pac:

Alien: Isolation - Only out 8 months and picked it up for €12.50

Taylor365 wrote: »
    LOLipops! :D:D

I buy most my games for €5-30.

Nothing dodgy, i just have patience :pac:

Alien: Isolation - Only out 8 months and picked it up for €12.50

I did say new releases to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I just seen this lmao, was this what people were on about yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

New releases can be got for €60 within 2 weeks of launch. I'm getting Batman for the PS4 from Amazon for €42 delivered as I pre ordered at last years E3 and the price dropped before shooting back up.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    After wading through the last 10 pages since last night and suffering serious deja vu, all I have gleamed is that Pillars of Eternity is getting an expansion, I suppose it was worth it for that :)

Anything on Persona 5? I already asked but it got lost in the lovers tiff going on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anything on Persona 5? I already asked but it got lost in the lovers tiff going on here.

Nothing new

Nah, they have not mentioned it at all at E3.

Killer Instinct is coming to PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The thing is since the gen 7 consoles launching 2005-2006 the PC has little to no big exclusives anymore, both a good and bad development depending on the side of the fence. Most games are all cross plat now. It's just graphics and mods that set the PC world apart mainly.

The PC as a gaming platform has little big hitting exclusives left. It's not like the gap in performance there was in console gen 6 to PC was huge back then and that was what drove me into PC gaming with likes of Half Life and System Shock 2 and of course the flight sims like Falcon 4 while consoles were stuck with Ace Combat 2.

It probably has more big exclusives than PS4 of Xbox One. Dota, LoL, Total War games, Starcraft, Star Citizen, XCom 2 (for the moment at least), Football Manager series, Sims, Civ, Counter Strike, WoW

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

They made that back in a day

If I remember correctly is was around the $850 million dollar mark they made in 72 hours. [edit: it was over $1 billion in 72 hours]
    nope pc gamer, but I was on about the console prices a s a general

Have 40 games on XB1 at the moment and haven't paid over €35 for any of them including release day prices.

Back on topic all that Kickstarter campaign is , is simply a new way of pre ordering the game with the pre order bonus of getting the game on the cheap. Sony would have been better off just coming out and saying pre order now for super cheaper rather than ask for funding its really , really weird one to do on the worlds biggest gaming stage.

And while everyone here is going on about its raised $3 million since being announced. The number of pre orders on the kickstarter campaign is current at 37,320 which by pre order standards is fair pathethic to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What sets the PC apart for me is that due to the open nature of the platform it's by far the best place for indie games many of which don't make it to the consoles. Also it means you can also get creative yourself.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What sets the PC apart for me is that due to the open nature of the platform it's by far the best place for indie games many of which don't make it to the consoles. Also it means you can also get creative yourself.

I agree , games like Kerbal Space Program are amazing type indie games. But I have to admit I love just turning on a console and it working without having to update drivers etc.

titan18 wrote: »
    It probably has more big exclusives than PS4 of Xbox One. Dota, LoL, Total War games, Starcraft, Star Citizen, XCom 2 (for the moment at least), Football Manager series, Sims, Civ, Counter Strike, WoW

True enough, it's just there is nothing really new incoming except Xcom 2. Most of all those games are old at this stage and are just following the formula. Star Citizen I really like, just find it hard to give it any decent amount of time.

RTS games is an area sorely missing on consoles. Back in the PS1 days we had C&C, Syndicate Wars, Warcraft, KKND and Civ. Now there is next to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Can't honestly remember a time I needed to update a hardware driver to play a video game. Just launches right up for me after first-time installation which is no longer than modern console disc/download installations. Sure I might be missing most of it since it's usually automatic for stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm actually not at all impressed by the move of the likes of Kickstarter and early access to Consoles. Too many kickstarter games never materialise or are in development for an eternity. Sell me a game, not a promise.
    One thing that used to always set the consoles apart back in the old days was the fact that when games couldn't be patched, they were generally pretty bug free. As we've seen recently more and more games are launching poorly, if not outright broken. The last thing I want is a flood of work-in progress games hitting.

Can't honestly remember a time I needed to update a hardware driver to play a video game. Just launches right up for me after first-time installation which is no longer than modern console disc/download installations. Sure I might be missing most of it since it's usually automatic for stuff like that.

Back in my day is was not so easy to get games running. Lots of messing around with graphic and sound drivers and waiting weeks for PC mags with demo CDs to release with the latest patches as I had no internet until the release of Half Life 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Anyone know if there is Beta for Gears Ultimate on PC?

Back in my day is was not so easy to get games running. Lots of messing around with graphic and sound drivers and waiting weeks for PC mags with demo CDs to release with the latest patches as I had no internet until the release of Half Life 2.

Yep that was my experience of early day PC gaming too :P:P:P
    I'm actually not at all impressed by the move of the likes of Kickstarter and early access to Consoles.

I think it was a very good move by MS to offer early access in fairness. MS are offering a solid and sustainable model for indie games to be funded by the Xbox gamers with the added bonus that all early access games are downloadable as a free trial first before any pre order is paid by the gamer, obviously after the trial you know exactly what your going to get (even if it is in alpha / early access)

I think thats a solid as hell model to be honest (even if it is robbed directly from Steam) and hands down beats badly disguised pre ordering / Kickstarter announcements of a game at E3

One thing that used to always set the consoles apart back in the old days was the fact that when games couldn't be patched, they were generally pretty bug free. As we've seen recently more and more games are launching poorly, if not outright broken. The last thing I want is a flood of work-in progress games hitting.

Yeah, it was a double-edged blade, though. Not being able to patch or update meant that the games had to pretty solid on release but at the same time... they couldn't update... too big a sacrafice to make these days just to get day-1 perfectly running games. Especially considering it's never really a good idea to be buying or playing day-1 anyway, regardless of technical issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm actually not at all impressed by the move of the likes of Kickstarter and early access to Consoles. Too many kickstarter games never materialise or are in development for an eternity. Sell me a game, not a promise.

I wouldn't expect this trend to last too long. You can see it already in the PC space, gamers are getting jaded with early-access games that never leave the alpha or beta phase and are then declared 'done' by developers when they've completely failed to deliver what was promised.

Bigger developers can't afford to behave this way, the backlash to a couple of high profile burns could leave them reeling. It's bad for the image of the consoles too, so I can't see Microsoft or Sony not stepping in and barring that practice if it goes south.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 franc0

Well this really is a new low for Nintendo.

I think Sky News said it best in their tweets this morning... "Boring and dull".

Nintendo, as a company, are in SERIOUS trouble.

franc0 wrote: »
    Well this really is a new low for Nintendo.

I think Sky News said it best in their tweets this morning... "Boring and dull".

Nintendo, as a company, are in SERIOUS trouble.

Hands up I'm not a Ninty fan these days and haven't been since the N64 as I think since then that company just relies on rehashing Mario, Starfox and co is as many different scenarios / worlds as possible its pathethic at this stage.

So I rarely if ever watch their E3 presentations, fancy giving a quick run down?

Sure, back in the day. This is a E3 2015 thread, though.

I naturally tinker with all games I have installed because I actually like doing that... but these days you can totally just download and play once you have a system set up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

One thing that used to always set the consoles apart back in the old days was the fact that when games couldn't be patched, they were generally pretty bug free.

Tbf, the big AAA games are way more technically complex than the games of yore and there's way more chances of bugs happening so I don't mind the notion of a patch being used to fix problems that weren't anticipated. That doesn't excuse the likes of the last Assassin's Creed or the Master Chief Collection though. That's a terrible way to treat customers.

Advertisement