Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

He did say in that though if he "were to start making it today".
    Retro have been working on something, it's just a matter of when they reveal what is is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Do MLG tournaments even use DLC maps?

Advanfed Warfare is first time a DLC map is getting used in the map rotations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Amazing all these new posters posting first about Nintendo.........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

GerF75 wrote: »
    Anyone that thinks the NX will match the PS4/XB1 in terms of power is in for a massive disappointment.

This is pure baseless conjecture. We know nothing about the next console save for it's codename.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 GerF75

Kirby wrote: »
    This is pure baseless conjecture. We know nothing about the next console save for it's codename.

Let's have a fun wager then. I'll bet you 100 Euro right now that the NX will have underpowered specs again. Both pick a charity and if we're wrong.... donate the 100 Euro to it. Deal? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

There is no sign of The Witness at all at E3. What the hell is happening with that game?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GerF75 wrote: »
    Let's have a fun wager then. I'll bet you 100 Euro right now that the NX will have underpowered specs again. Both pick a charity and if we're wrong.... donate the 100 Euro to it. Deal? :)

I bet you 100 euro you'll be banned for being a rereg within 5 minutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Star Lord wrote: »
    Retro have been working on something, it's just a matter of when they reveal what is is.

Retro studios aren't the studio they used to be. They're a much smaller team now which is why they do some outsourced (or maybe that should be insourced?) work on Nintendo games and make smaller titles like DKCR. They've said themselves they no longer have a big enough dev team for something like Metroid Prime.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, what was THE game of the show?
    For me, it was The Last Guardian.
    Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

It didn't look particularly impressive, but seeing as Platinum are involved, I am very excited about Star Fox Zero now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'm going to be boring and say for me the game of the show was Battlefront.

I loved the first two and have been waiting for this a long time.

Doom for me. With all the boring CoD clones around now it's great that stuff like Doom and Wolfenstein are making a comeback. I'm all for the resurgence of fun, dumb, loud shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As boring as it might sound, I'm going to have to say Mario Maker, because my brain is already buzzing trying to think of level design ideas!

That said, I've not had a chance to see some of the other presented games just yet, so I might change my mind later!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I would say SMT x Fire Emblem, Mario Maker and Doom, excited by other games, but these were the ones I actually saw that had more than just a teaser reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

If you don't think fallout 4 was the game of the show your opinion is very misguided and your licence for voicing your opinions should be revoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If you don't think fallout 4 was the game of the show your opinion is very misguided and your licence for voicing your opinions should be revoked.

Errmageeerd, people who don't share my opinions are bad and wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The Last Guardian for me, convinced myself it was cancelled so huzzah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'll be boring and say Uncharted 4.
    What people are saying about the second part of the demo shown behind closed doors is making me salivate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I thought The Last Guardian gameplay looked a bit sh*t. A bit too contrived and didn't seem to be anything new. It actually came across to me as something thrown together to show at E3 that they haven't abandoned it. Granted it was only a snippet, so it might impress when a bit more detail comes out.

I'm trying to think if anything really stood out for me, but most games were games I already knew were coming out and they look just like I expect. Is it a cop out to just say I think we all win with all the games coming out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Star Wars Battlefront for me. I'm not that big a fan of online shooters, but i'll still play that. It just looks like Star Wars should look like to me.

Fallout 4 was a close 2nd though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Errmageeerd, people who don't share my opinions are bad and wrong!

Which one was your favourite?

I'm most excited about FF7. I never finished the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Which one was your favourite?

I didn't have a favourite. There were a few things that I look forward to playing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mario Maker and Doom for me, both day 1 buys for me (and both very different kinds of games).

Also a shout out for Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. Massive fan of the Mario RPG games, so that's a no-brainer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not feeling the warm emotions for Doom I have to admit. Technologically speaking it looks great as the series always has, but even by the end of the demo I was thinking 'alright, what else you got?'. Impossible to judge based on such a brief clip - impossible to judge any game on a brief pre-release clip, really - but the gameplay loop looks like something that would be fun for half an hour before repetition started settling in hard. Also think the art design is fairly insipid TBH (only so many grimy space stations overrun by monsters one can explore in a lifetime, even if Doom pioneered the whole thing). Hoping the developers will embrace the wilder, wackier, more surreal sides of the franchise's main concept.

Huzzah for groupthink!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Fallout 3 and NV are some of my favourite games ever so I'm extremely happy about 4 but 'Horizon' was so out of left field for me and just looked so different and weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I did not really like Fallout 3 that much at all.

I have my reasons. But I'm sure Fallout 4 will be a cracker.

I'll elaborate further after I return from my mandatory Forum Ban :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Star Lord wrote: »

I'm calling it right now, nintendo are working on a 3D traditional prime game, and a 2D one as well, and we'll see it either for the 3DS next year as a send off, or for the NX.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Fallout 3 and NV are sitting in my unopened pile and have been for a few years, must get around to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yes my wait paid off! All the Fallouts reduced again :)

Advertisement