Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Quite possible that we might see Shenmue 3 on the xbox one as a shock :D as Microsoft have pushed off showing a lot of there games at E3 so I think we might be in for a few shock games coming to console.

Was reading rummers as well that there after the slint hills game that was post to come out on the PS4 an offered huge money to Kallni (not sure on spelling) to buy the game ?.

The Last Guardian I am still not sure will we ever see this game as how long have we been waiting for it now ?. E3 2007 ?. Sony could end up doing a FF15 on it and rename the game completely

Phil Spencer confirmed a few weeks back that they would not be purchasing Silent Hills, as regards Shenmue, a cross platform remaster is probably what will be announced, if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Patrice Desilets will reveal the trailer for his new game Ancestors on Geoff Keighley's show tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

New Prince of Persia and new Metroid are all I want. Well probably other things but they're 2 I'd love to see.

Nintendo's may be the only one I watch as it happens since likely to be the least waffly. Also the fact tomorrow will be spent watching Money in the Bank and GoT finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've heard so much on Shenmue that I'd love to see a remaster of 1 and 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

tok9 wrote: »
    I've heard so much on Shenmue that I'd love to see a remaster of 1 and 2.

They've aged very badly. They'd need more than a simple remaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

With E3 (technically) starting in just over two hours time with Bethesda's Conference, I felt we should have a general discussion thread for commentary and banter about the announcements and events as they happen.

I will be following the GameSpot coverage as Danny O'Dwyer (Waterford man and general funny guy) is hosting most of the interviews and commentaries. Here is their schedule with links to their stream: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/live/

In contrast to the other thread (Predictions and Rumours) this is just for commenting on what actually happens, i.e. the cheesy garbage, the ridiculous business lingo, the awkward silences, the technical faults, and, of course, the games.

I really hope GabeN (long may he reign) walks out on stage after the Fallout 4 gameplay video, holds up his hand, makes a gesture with three fingers, and every Steam client in the world pops up with "Half-life 3 now available - click here to purchase". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watching the Nintendo World Championships.

Hoping for a big reveal for the final game.

Is Mario Maker a new game? Was that an announcement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Well, that final round of Nintendo World Championships was embarrassing as hell. Guy who won it ran through it with no problems, other guy died in the first obstacle for 5 minutes.

Yeah, felt bad for the guy. Pretty cool prize though! Now for the real show... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well, that final round of Nintendo World Championships was embarrassing as hell. Guy who won it ran through it with no problems, other guy died in the first obstacle for 5 minutes.

I take you only saw the end? They faced off in 3 levels prior to that and it was very close. The losing guy "Cosmo" just couldnt do the beginning part of the last level. Bit of an anti-climax but up till that point it was very entertaining.

The cringe factor was there alright. Some of the commentators were awful.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

WOOOOOOOOOO E3!

178076-thumbs_up.jpg

Kirby wrote: »
    I take you only saw the end?
    I watched most of it but was just summarising up the anti-climatic final for anyone who didnt. I liked the idea of 15 seconds earned per round up until then. I hope to play those levels when the game comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is there not a e3 thread already.

Doom, Fallout 4, Dishonored 2 and maybe a new IP please, Bethesda! Make it happen! They are late already...

Falthyron wrote: »
    Doom, Fallout 4, Dishonored 2 and maybe a new IP please, Bethesda! Make it happen! They are late already...

They're all happening for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Just feels weird without Carmack.

A good start from Bethesda. Thanking the fans, giving acknowledgements and then getting stuck into the games!

Doom looks stunning!

Scratch that, DOOM looks f**king stunning!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Falthyron wrote: »
    Doom looks stunning!

Yeah, but I really hate those death animations. Cool at first but they just get repetitive and I find they ruin immersion.

Doom looks so smooth!

Doomented!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gore! :D

I'm well impressed with Youtube's 1080p 60fps streaming. And that ending was amazing. That kind of stuff would mentally break me if I was playing in VR

Dev jargon number one: "SNAPMAP". Who comes up with this $hit?

I'm well impressed with Youtube's 1080p 60fps streaming.

Yeah, far better than Twitch (I just switched over).

Snapmap looks interesting. Despite the crap name.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Snapmap looks stupidly customisable. That could be excellent if done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Was doom the first demo?
    I missed the start watching Game of Thrones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Doom looks amazing, never played the Original or any others if there is some, but will deffo be picking this up.

Advertisement