Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best black eyeliner?

Options
  • 15-06-2015 6:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭

Hello ladies (and gents!)

I am on the prowl for a good black eyeliner. I've been using Clinique's cream liner in True Black for the last few years, which has been fabulous, but I'm nearing the end of my pot and looking for something even blacker, deeper and more dramatic!

I'm tempted to go for Bobbi Brown longwearing gel liner but getting confused with the mixed online reviews...I tried Mac's fluidline before and found it a bit too soft/light for my liking and the BB one seems quite similar...

I'm not a big pencil/liquid fan but always open to suggestions!

What does everyone wear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner is fab. Hard to get - you will need to buy online (or get someone travelling to US to pick it up for you!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭Shelga

Hi Beks, I used to be a huge fan of the Bobbi Brown longwearing gel eyeliner that comes in a pot, but in the last few years the mainstream makeup brands have all developed their own so the price of the Bobbi Brown one can't really be justified anymore.

My favourite is the Maybelline Eyestudio gel eyeliner- honestly it's 100% as good as the Bobbi Brown one, for less than a third of the price. Not quite so many colours but you said you want a black one, which they have.

I looooove eyeliner and gel eyeliner is by far my fave :P

*Edit* Also the Bobbi Brown one dries out in the pot really quickly which is annoying when you spend a lot on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Came into this thread to post about Maybelline Eye Studio mentioned above.

I second everything Shelga has written, especially the bit about the Bobbi Brown one drying out quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Interesting, I'm a liquid liner fan normally but could be persuaded to try gel! I always go back to a pot of good old Rimmel Exaggerate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Beauty forum.

I swear by Mac Fluidline gel liner in Blacktrack. Really dark and doesn't budge at all. I tried the Maybelline gel too but didn't like the texture personally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I actually quite like the Essence gel eyeliner. I don't find that it smudges, and it is nice and black. Another vote for Maybelline gel eyeliner too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I'd recommend the Maybelline Gel Liner, Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Perversion, and the Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner also in Perversion.

I've never had any issues with them budging, or fading. And all 3 are super black :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Thank you all for the recommendations!

I went on an online shopping spree a few days ago and ended up spending half my life savings on Charlotte Tilbury stuff, including their feline flick liquid eye pen, which is ridiculously expensive but what can I say, I have no self control. Anyone used that one before?

Knowing me I'll probably get around to buying all the other ones recommended at some stage too, especially the Maybelline and Urban Decay ones...I love me some black eyeliner.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I use this one: http://steal-her-look.com/media/maybelline-gelliner-black.jpg

It's the blackest I've found and stays put all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

^I bought this today on the basis of this thread. I am so suggestible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dolbert wrote: »
    ^I bought this today on the basis of this thread. I am so suggestible

Haha, me too!! I've been impatiently waiting for the Tilbury stuff to arrive and saw it in Boots and couldn't resist...

Think I'll wear it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

beks101 wrote: »
    Haha, me too!! I've been impatiently waiting for the Tilbury stuff to arrive and saw it in Boots and couldn't resist...

Think I'll wear it tomorrow!

Best thing is, you only need a tiny dab at a time to get a line so I reckon the pot will last you a really long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Worried247

Inglot AMC eyeliner gel in shade no.77 by a mile!
    I've had mine for at least 8-9 months and only scratched the surface of the pot even though I wear mine nearly all the time! You only need to literally dab the brush in for a true black colour and it's so easy to use! Youl be impressed from the first minute that you use it!

The only problem I will say is that it dries quickly, so it's not really great for people who make a lot of mistakes, but I find it's good for the intermediate hand because it doesn't rub off on the lid even when you close your eyes by accident almost straight away after applying it! Mistakes can be fixed though with cotton buds and some makeup remover:)

It's €15 for it, which I know is more expensive than High Street Brands but I can nearly guarantee that it will be worth every penny because it lasts so long! I've used a LOT of liners but this one I will be using forever. I just hope it's still on the shelves by the time I actually get through my first pot😂

Advertisement