Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing A Lost Car Key

Options
  • 15-06-2015 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I have lost the only key I had to my car. Can anyone recommend a company that can provide me with a replacement. Preferably someone who has been in the same position and has actually had dealings with the company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Things like car type and location would help here.

Not a DIY effort. Moved to main forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

Try autokey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

What make/model/year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Depending on the make and model, most likely the car manufacturer.
    You will need the log book, proof of ownership and relevant I.D.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

I used a crowd called lock doctor. I'm in Dublin and they were in Limerick but courier covered that.
    I had to remove the ignition (easy in a merc) and post it down to them, 2 days later I received my ignition back with 2 brand new keys. I think it was about 250 including the cost of courier.

I've heard good things about autokey.ie too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement