Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with emobile bill €24 for life deal

Options
  • 15-06-2015 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else her signed up to the emobile €24 for life deal for unlimited calls and texts and 5gb (it was a deal for exiting eircom customers).

Myself, my mum and my brother all signed up to this deal and on each of our bills the breakdown shows a 6 month €15 discount in order to get the €24 deal.

I've spoken to a couple of customer services reps on the phone and also spoke to a guy in my local emobile shop a few times too. They all have said that this is just an error on their system but that in 6 months time I will still remain at the €24 but I'm still a bit worried that my bill will rise in 6 months!

Does anyone else who is on this deal have this problem?

Many thanks :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

augusta24 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else her signed up to the emobile €24 for life deal for unlimited calls and texts and 5gb (it was a deal for exiting eircom customers).

Myself, my mum and my brother all signed up to this deal and on each of our bills the breakdown shows a 6 month €15 discount in order to get the €24 deal.

I've spoken to a couple of customer services reps on the phone and also spoke to a guy in my local emobile shop a few times too. They all have said that this is just an error on their system but that in 6 months time I will still remain at the €24 but I'm still a bit worried that my bill will rise in 6 months!

When I signed up to my last contract they gave me this, but they told me it was only for 6 months (not for life).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi all,

Hi there augusta24

I can confirm that the discount is only for 6 months.

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Alan, the discount is supposed to be for life- it's described on the eircom website as "for life" and everyone else who I've spoken to has assured me that it is for life.

Alan, the discount is supposed to be for life- it's described on the eircom website as "for life" and everyone else who I've spoken to has assured me that it is for life.
    Hi there augusta24

Is this part of a bundled account?  If so you need to get in touch with with Customer Care then so that they can look into this.  Did anyone say why they can't add this to your account?

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

It's not part of a bundle. It's a 30 day sim only offer for eircom customers for life. 

• Advertisement

Alan, Chris is right it's a 30 sim offer for life?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

Also on this offer. Was sold as a for life offer.

Would like clarification on this.

Ilovespudss can you check your bill to see does it mention the 6 month discount? I'm wondering if it's on everyone's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Mine mentions this 6-month discount line item but I'm on the plan for over 9-months now at €24/month.

Seems to be some form of billing discount which is confusingly named!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

Ilovespudss can you check your bill to see does it mention the 6 month discount? I'm wondering if it's on everyone's...

I can't see my bill at the minute for some reason but I have been on the plan for 9 or 10 months now and it's still at €24.

• Advertisement

That's right guys - there was a SIM only offer - it should not say 6months.

I've passed your feedback to billing operations

Thanks for your input here.

Al

Advertisement