Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No idea what to do after the leaving cert

Options
  • 15-06-2015 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Basically I'm doing my final exam in the Leaving Cert today but I still haven't a clue about what to do in September. I know I want to go to college but I'm the kind of person that if I leave education, I'll find it hard to come back. The only subjects in school I've really enjoyed are French and English but a lot of the courses in colleges for these lead to teaching, which is something I'm adamant I don't want to do. I've looked at Applied Languages but I think I'd find it difficult to do two languages, especially since I'm only at a B1/B2 standard in French. If anyone can advise me on what to do, I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mikee64

Depending on where your living I would probably look at doing a one year plc (post leaving cert)course. There is a vast amount of courses to choose from and they only last a year. It might open a different horizon for you. These courses are offered by FETAC and the points gained on them can also be used for getting into college.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

superearly wrote: »
    Hi, if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Basically I'm doing my final exam in the Leaving Cert today but I still haven't a clue about what to do in September. I know I want to go to college but I'm the kind of person that if I leave education, I'll find it hard to come back. The only subjects in school I've really enjoyed are French and English but a lot of the courses in colleges for these lead to teaching, which is something I'm adamant I don't want to do. I've looked at Applied Languages but I think I'd find it difficult to do two languages, especially since I'm only at a B1/B2 standard in French. If anyone can advise me on what to do, I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance :)
    But maybe if the curriculum focus was on the two languages then you'd manage. There will be less time spent on other scienc/math/history stuff.
    If you enjoy languages them it could be a real option, doing something you like will be easier than random img doing some plc course to pass a year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go on one of the EU sponsored volunteer programmes. Improve your language, learn about yourself, get a small allowance.

Advertisement