Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of CD collection

Options
  • 15-06-2015 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I had a look on the forums and couldn't see any answers to this apart from 2+ years ago so assumed this might have changed by now.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get rid of a CD collection and try to get some cash? The likes of Music Magpie and Amazon haven't quite made it here yet so I was wondering if anyone has had any joy getting cash money for Cds...

I really don't want to just bin them as once upon a time a good deal of money went into that collection!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Try somewhere like adverts.ie, but prepare yourself for getting a lot less cash than you think you might get. Unless they're collectable there's not much of a second hand value on cds.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

noby wrote: »
    Try somewhere like adverts.ie, but prepare yourself for getting a lot less cash than you think you might get. Unless they're collectable there's not much of a second hand value on cds.

Yeah I thought as much. Just can't be arsed with people on adverts offering to swap 50 Cds for a tea bag or similar. You know the way yourself. I'd be better off just keeping them I reckon. If only UK companies would bother their arse extending to ROI!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Car boot sale?
    In the same boat myself, I have quite a few hundred and always thought about selling, but they are worth nothing.

Thinking that if I went to a car boot sale, and have a huge box of them then I get get 50c per album.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

NIMAN wrote: »
    Car boot sale?
    In the same boat myself, I have quite a few hundred and always thought about selling, but they are worth nothing.

Thinking that if I went to a car boot sale, and have a huge box of them then I get get 50c per album.

Think that might be the only way. Mad to think how much you pay for them and how little they're now worth. Damn the digital age!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I think you'd be better off just holding on to them. They probably have more sentimental value to you than financial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

put em in the attic and give em to your kids.....teach them what real music was like, i hope your taste in music is acceptable lol good cheap 18th birthday pressie, dad/mam has been holding onto these for you...sentimentally to the kids far more than what you will ever get out of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

If there's any albums that you hold value in having physical copies of then keep them. Anything else you could sell in something like Adverts but expect very little for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

What kind of music are they - dance/rock/rap/ etc? I might take them off your hands, always on the lookout for music!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Donate to a local charity shop (except Oxfam as they love to scratch their CDs).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stephenA

Could always check on Discogs, see how much you could make there

• Advertisement
Advertisement