Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyson Fury (undisputed world champion!) vs Vladimir SEE MOD WARNING POST#558

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

ComfortKid wrote: »
    2 or 3 rounds isn't that long for me pal!

Tyson, is that you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Gintonious wrote:
    Tyson, is that you?

Unfortunately not, there can be only one gypsy king!

Why does every boxing thread get one of these?

I hope you will be around for the gentle slagging Saturday

If I'm not too busy counting my winnings, I'll pop on to say hello.

Gintonious wrote:
    Why does every boxing thread get one of these?

One of what? Someone supporting the underdog and having a laugh? Sorreeeeee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Must say I'm tempted by that 6/1 but I'll weight for the weigh in

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

One of what? Someone supporting the underdog and having a laugh? Sorreeeeee!

Over the top fanboys.

Henno30 wrote: »

Hah he's some man in fairness, definitely potential for stand up comedy when he hangs up the gloves. Is he sponsoring the soles of Klitschko's boots?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Gintonious wrote:
    Over the top fanboys.

But if I was saying the same things but supporting Vlad, you'd have no problems.

Someone has a different opinion than you = over the top fan boy

But if I was saying the same things but supporting Vlad, you'd have no problems.

Someone has a different opinion than you = over the top fan boy
    2 or 3 rounds isn't that long for me pal!
    Unfortunately not, there can be only one gypsy king!
    If I'm not too busy counting my winnings, I'll pop on to say hello.

These aren't over the top at all? No?

• Advertisement

I'm VERY confident of a Fury knockout early on, I don't see that as being over the top.

I'm sure if someone said exactly what I said but with Vladimir instead of Tyson, you'd have no problem.

As I said, I'll pop in here after the fight and I hope you have a sincere apology for me and the King for ever doubting.

I'm VERY confident of a Fury knockout early on, I don't see that as being over the top.

I'm sure if someone said exactly what I said but with Vladimir instead of Tyson, you'd have no problem.

As I said, I'll pop in here after the fight and I hope you have a sincere apology for me and the King for ever doubting.

The difference between making a claim about Wlad over Fury is the unbeaten run and total domination of the HW division for the past 11 years, but obviously doesn't factor at all.

Gintonious wrote:
    The difference between making a claim about Wlad over Fury is the unbeaten run and total domination of the HW division for the past 11 years, but obviously doesn't factor at all.

Ah so first it's name calling, now you're resorting to sarcasm.

You really don't like someone having a different opinion than you, do you!

Yeah Vlad has a great record, Tyson has never been beat either. I don't think previous fights mean $#!t to be honest, your only as good as the next one!

The favourite doesn't always win you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Have you ever watched Tyson fight? He will engage from the first bell, that could possibly be his downfall is his eagerness

Have you seen his last 2 fights? Totally boring and no engagement. I honestly think this one will go the same way. All this talk of going all out is just bluster, I see a jab and hugfest coming up.

Ah so first it's name calling, now you're resorting to sarcasm.

You really don't like someone having a different opinion than you, do you!

Yeah Vlad has a great record, Tyson has never been beat either. I don't think previous fights mean $#!t to be honest, your only as good as the next one!

The favourite doesn't always win you know.

Have a snickers.

Gintonious wrote:
    Have a snickers.

Goodnight to you too, sir.

Goodnight to you too, sir.

We'll chat again on Sunday, princess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Put the money etc, show us that betslip, cos I think your telling porkies as they say :)

Put the money etc, show us that betslip, cos I think your telling porkies as they say

So you think I'm just pretending to think Tyson will win?

Is it actually that hard to understand that someone disagrees with ye that I have to provide evidence of my confidence in a fighter winning..wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

So you think I'm just pretending to think Tyson will win?

Is it actually that hard to understand that someone disagrees with ye that I have to provide evidence of my confidence in a fighter winning..wow

No I'm just surprised someone is so confident that fury puts Wlad away early. That's what is hard to understand. What, from either fighter brings you to this conclusion?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

WK KO R1 20/1 betfair

No I'm just surprised someone is so confident that fury puts Wlad away early. That's what is hard to understand. What, from either fighter brings you to this conclusion?

Age,Size,Strenght,Speed,Hunger,and most importantly, WARRIOR! !

Xena was more of a warrior tbf...

No mention of skill there...odd.

Gintonious wrote:
    No mention of skill there...odd.

Obviously I think Vlad is more skilled, but sometimes skill is irrelevant.

Obviously I think Vlad is more skilled, but sometimes skill is irrelevant.

Sorry, what?

Gintonious wrote:
    Sorry, what?

What don't you understand?

You think skill ALWAYS wins?

What don't you understand?

You think skill ALWAYS wins?

More importantly you think its irrelevant. I am struggling to understand that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

C'mon Tyson. I'll be having a few € on him anyway.

At least the family will have a riotous funeral I suppose...

It won't be the best fight in the world but most definitely will be fascinating.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Gintonious wrote:
    More importantly you think its irrelevant. I am struggling to understand that.

Na, I don't! I said somtimes it can be, as in the most skilful doesn't always win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No real issue with anyone picking Fury, but to be so certain of the dominant manner is odd. He has a very slim chance of a KO, and a slimmer chance of a points win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    It won't be the best fight in the world but most definitely will be fascinating.

Why?.. a euro level heavy getting battered by the most dominant champ in recent memory...fascinating how?

• Advertisement

I'm convinced!

Why?.. a euro level heavy getting battered by the most dominant champ in recent memory...fascinating how?

If Fury is euro level who are all the world heavies?

Also I don't think it will be as one sided as you think, fury will cause problems I've no doubt about that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

If Fury is euro level who are all the world heavies?

Also I don't think it will be as one sided as you think, fury will cause problems I've no doubt about that.

Fury has just come off victories over Christian Hamer and Derek Chisora, its not credible to suggest they are world class heavies and as such until fury proves he belongs at world level against the like of Wlad, povetkin or wilder then he is a euro level heavyweight.

The fact that this is the shallowest generation of heavyweights possibly ever doesnt instantly catapault him into the "world class" category.

I am very confident it will as one sided as i think and the EVs about the ko is a superb bet..fury hasnt fought anybody that hits as hard as wlad or utilizes his physical advantages as well..this is a different league altogether.

Security is supposed to be high in dusseldorf with the terror alert, let's hope this doesn't get cancelled.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Fury has not shown he is ready to box at this level, Wlad is a level above anything in the division and Fury hasn't even fought anything from the level beneath Wlad yet imo

I think Fury has no idea what he is getting in to, he has plenty of heart and I respect his attitude to taking on all comers but he is going to get battered I feel, have a bet on Klitschko KO rounds 4-6 @ 5/1.

I am hoping Fury comes out fighting, the bet is live if that happens but if he comes out to jab and hold then I'm ****ed. Wlad should have him worn down by round 4 and if the opportunity presents itself to get him out of there I am sure he will take it. A later KO or points is obviously more likely but I feel good about the bet

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Ridiculous that Klitschko gets to decide what gloves fury wears.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Anybody know any pubs around Dublin that might be showing it? Since its ppv and they get charged about €500+ for the fight, it's a long shot. Maybe someone knows a pub that has a good satellite dish they could send in a pm.

Farmlife wrote: »
    Anybody know any pubs around Dublin that might be showing it? Since its ppv and they get charged about €500+ for the fight, it's a long shot. Maybe someone knows a pub that has a good satellite dish they could send in a pm.

Murrays on o connell Street apparently showing it if anyone knows of anywhere else do share

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Howye Lads,

Do any of ye know what time this main fight will start?
    I know its down to how the other fights on the card go but anyone have a rough idea?
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Fury has not shown he is ready to box at this level, Wlad is a level above anything in the division and Fury hasn't even fought anything from the level beneath Wlad yet imo

I don't agree with this though. Everyone is a level below Wlad and Fury is almost certainly the best opponent he hasn't yet fought. Wlad would have no opponents if he didn't fight the likes of Fury.

I'll give Fury one thing. He certailnly sounds convincing as regards his chances of winning. I know most fighters give off the aura of being sure of victory, but listening to Fury it really does sound real-genuine. Poor sod!

Ridiculous that Klitschko gets to decide what gloves fury wears.

Plenty of ridiculous things in boxing.

Gloves were agreed upon by both fighters, one set that arrived to Fury were not acceptable to him, the next set were but he they said they will need another new set by the fight. The manufacturer have said they won't be ready in time.

Edit: I should add, a compromise will be reached or a few extra children in the sweat shops will be used to make sure the gloves do get made in time.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

menoscemo wrote: »
    I don't agree with this though. Everyone is a level below Wlad and Fury is almost certainly the best opponent he hasn't yet fought. Wlad would have no opponents if he didn't fight the likes of Fury.

I have read my post you quoted again, and I have read your response. I am still struggling to see what you disagree with so can you clarify as you don't seem to have argued with anything I said.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

I would LOVE it if Fury sparks him out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

pac_man wrote: »
    I saw it advertised that Fury will walk into the ring at 9:55 pm. Take in Wlad's ring walk(usually good to watch) and Buffer doing his thing, you're talking about 10:10 pm. Not set in stone but it's a rough guide.

Agree,its class.Here it is.(Turn up the volume)

• Advertisement
Advertisement