Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyson Fury (undisputed world champion!) vs Vladimir SEE MOD WARNING POST#558

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Henno30 wrote: »

Was expecting something outrageous, but that takes the biscuit. Priceless :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I don't know what to say to that.

The stare-down. Again, the size difference really isn't that much.

Gintonious wrote: »

The stare-down. Again, the size difference really isn't that much.

Klitschko looks like he means business. Funny that he got the short back and sides done after the grey hair comment from tyson last day :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Klitschko looks like he means business. Funny that he got the short back and sides done after the grey hair comment from tyson last day :)

Bit of the pot calling the kettle black with a balding 27 year old saying that to a 39 year old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Thermopool

He doesn't look three inches taller, maybe an inch, that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Just a gut feeling watching that but Fury looked a little nervous there to me. Is he starting to get a little rattled?

Just a gut feeling watching that but Fury looked a little nervous there to me. Is he starting to get a little rattled?

Think he was a little afraid that his family would get involved, his dad was a bare knuckle boxing champion for years apparently and a complete head case.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

C'mon Fury, been waiting a few years now for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

walshb wrote: »
    Who are you rooting for?

I want Wlad to win.

That directed at me Walsh?
    I'm going to say Wlad but to be honest I wouldn't mind either way. I just think it would be a shame for Wlad to loose to fury as I still am not overly gone on fury abilities. Back in the 80s/90s I feel fury would have been a euro level fighter at best and even today, there is a lot of fighters I'd like to see him face first. Then, maybe get a shot at Klit. He's still young.
    Eta, I like Fury

Full conference.

Fair amount of clowns in the crowd as well. Wladimir not even remotely bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Maybe my sense of humour is a bit off, but I find it about as funny as a kick in the scones.

Was just stupid, cringy stupid ****e.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭real man

Was just stupid, cringy stupid ****e.
    wow what a bitter dry **** you are. Do you think you're hard with username from a TV gangster from 15 years ago ? Fool

Fury will do the business **** the haters. walshb you need a kick in the scones to show youre alive you old bitter ****

real man wrote: »
    wow what a bitter dry **** you are. Do you think you're hard with username from a TV gangster from 15 years ago ? Fool

Fury will do the business **** the haters. walshb you need a kick in the scones to show youre alive you old bitter ****

You tell him "real man"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Fury is just a comedy character at this stage. I hope Vlad ends the bad humour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That directed at me Walsh?
    I'm going to say Wlad but to be honest I wouldn't mind either way. I just think it would be a shame for Wlad to loose to fury as I still am not overly gone on fury abilities. Back in the 80s/90s I feel fury would have been a euro level fighter at best and even today, there is a lot of fighters I'd like to see him face first. Then, maybe get a shot at Klit. He's still young.
    Eta, I like Fury

Directed at the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I don't know why but i love Fury, half the stuff he does is fcuking stupid but it seems so off the wall that it makes me laugh, Also behind the antics when you see a serious interview with him he comes across well. One thing i hope is that his dad is out of the corner on fight night, his dads annoying as hell and seems a bit nuts and not in a nice way, Fury will need to be switched on and not get led by emotions. Personally i think it would be pure gold if Fury wins, just imagine the rant he would go on post fight!.

real man wrote: »

Welcome aboard, Mr. T!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

I don't know why but i love Fury, half the stuff he does is fcuking stupid but it seems so off the wall that it makes me laugh, Also behind the antics when you see a serious interview with him he comes across well. One thing i hope is that his dad is out of the corner on fight night, his dads annoying as hell and seems a bit nuts and not in a nice way, Fury will need to be switched on and not get led by emotions. Personally i think it would be pure gold if Fury wins, just imagine the rant he would go on post fight!.

The ridiculousness of it is what makes it so funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

What a f*cking lunatic. The biggest fight of his career and he has the mindset to sit around planning mad stunts. I can just imagine the lot of them sitting in a caravan plotting this, "right John Paul, you wait ten minutes and then run in dressed as the Joker right...". What does he be thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

The best talker in the history of sports bar none everybody.... cringe!

Tiger, stop trolling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I am a bit reluctant to order this fight after the Haye fiasco some time back, I can see Fury stuck on the end of Vlad's jab for 12 rounds. Fury is enthusiastic, but as much as I would like him to win, he has little chance unless he lands a haymaker.

Tiger, stop trolling!

Im the least of your worries..real man is here to sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

They're almost identical height, I am looking forward to it as i believe Tyson will give it his best go and this will bring out the best of Wlad.

Ps. i seen Haye up close the other day and holy jaysis he was fooking huge!
    looked like a super hero or something so shows how big Wlad actually is as Haye looked small.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    They're almost identical height, I am looking forward to it as i believe Tyson will give it his best go and this will bring out the best of Wlad.

looked like a super hero or something so shows how big Wlad actually is as Haye looked small.

This for me is the PPV fght of the year. As in the one fight truly worthy of real PPV.

Loved Fury's take on the PPV fight with Manny-Floyd. He had fook all interst in it; saying something like who'd bother paying to watch two little midgets fighting.:)

Was Haye in shape huge? Any pics?

Was Haye in shape huge? Any pics?

Yes he was like a greek adonis! not even messing

I think furys lack of head movement is tailor made for wlad and tyson gets stopped around 7-8 after taking a sustained beating.

Another routine defence for the champ, im not buying the hype and 11/10 about the ko is looking good imo.

I think furys lack of head movement is tailor made for wlad and tyson gets stopped around 7-8 after taking a sustained beating.

Another routine defence for the champ, im not buying the hype and 11/10 about the ko is looking good imo.

Don't get me wrong thats how i see it ending too.
    I am just saying that I think he will have to work for it.
    It won't come easy in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong thats how i see it ending too.
    I am just saying that I think he will have to work for it.
    It won't come easy in my opinion.

Obviously can see fury putting up a fight but i feel the gulf in class from klitschko to every other heavyweight is so obvious there can only be one result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Fury wasnt witty or funny with his press conference prank.

But it was so outrageously stupid and ridiculous that i couldnt stop laughing.

I just hope now that he is game opponent for Wlad .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Hughie Fury is fighting Nicolai Firtha on the Tyson/Klitschko undercard.Could be a challenge for him as he had trouble to beat a 41 yo Mexican journeyman a few months back.They could be both coming home crying.

Also this Saturday night,Deontay Wilder is fighting Johann Duhaupas.Could be a tough test for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭selectamatic

This for me is the PPV fght of the year. As in the one fight truly worthy of real PPV.

Isn't the fight being shown free on national television in Germany? I'm sorry but nothing about this fight screams ppv fight of the year. Granted if it goes the way I see it going it'll be a good fight with a wlad tko in the mid to latter rounds but going by each of their previous couple of fights this ranks pretty low on what I would describe a must watch ppv event! I hope I'm proved wrong but I certainly won't be buying it on box office since there is going to be an abundance of links for it on the web.

Isn't the fight being shown free on national television in Germany? I'm sorry but nothing about this fight screams ppv fight of the year. Granted if it goes the way I see it going it'll be a good fight with a wlad tko in the mid to latter rounds but going by each of their previous couple of fights this ranks pretty low on what I would describe a must watch ppv event! I hope I'm proved wrong but I certainly won't be buying it on box office since there is going to be an abundance of links for it on the web.

Sky have this fight, no? If so, then it will be PPV.

How the fight goes is a separate issue. Name wise and weight wise and size wise and impact wise it's major PPV, at least for Europeans.

The biggest PPV fight in history was a horrible affair. I never expected anything good from it, but it was even worse than what I expected.

This match appeals more to me. It may well turn out to be a drab affair, but the anticipation for me trumps anything of recent times.

Another fight that shouldnt be PPV, its free to air in germany which says it all...eddie hearn is selling mismatches and domestic level fights as PPV and there has to be a point where people just switch off.

Another fight that shouldnt be PPV, its free to air in germany which says it all...eddie hearn is selling mismatches and domestic level fights as PPV and there has to be a point where people just switch off.

That's nonsense. I would prefer it to be free, but if anything was worthy this is. Sure, Bellew-Clevelry and Kell Brook etc are a disgace to be on PPV, but not this.

Sky have this fight, no? If so, then it will be PPV.

How the fight goes is a separate issue. Name wise and weight wise and size wise and impact wise it's major PPV, at least for Europeans.

The biggest PPV fight in history was a horrible affair. I never expected anything good from it, but it was even worse than what I expected.

This match appeals more to me. It may well tuRN out to be a draB affair, but the anticipation for me trumps anything of recent times.

Ya sky have it for Ireland and the uk and have already committed to it being a ppv event but I'm nearly certain I read on a few forums perhaps even here that it's on national German TV I could be wrong though.
    I'd certainly agree with you about the floyd pacman fight I didn't expect much either I bought the fight on the off chance manny would pull the upset but it really was wishful thinking at best! Still there names were enough to sell it. While I'd agree with this being a different type of test for wlad I don't feel fury has done enough to warrant people to think his name contributes significantly to selling a fight, his size and character yes his name and overall skill I'd have my doubts. Although not strictly ppv events I'd have golovkin vs limieux and Canelo vs cotto as two fights which I would rate a long way ahead of wlad vs fury. The former for the gun slinging action the latter for their "names".

Granted this is the biggest heavyweight contest this year by a mile but that ain't exactly a great achievement since the rest have been business as usual apart from the over rated wilder getting a scare it'll be interesting to see how he sets his stall out this weekend but that's the problem it'll be "interesting" not "enthralling" and that's the same sorta way I'd view fury vs wlad.

Region wise, this is PPV material. Globally one could argue it's not, but for us here in Ireland and our neighbours across the water it's a pretty big match.

That's nonsense. I would prefer it to be free, but if anything was worthy this is. Sure, Bellew-Clevelry and Kell Brook etc are a disgace to be on PPV, but not this.

Its all a matter of opinion, if the german domestic network can show this for nothing it indicates that the market over here is flawed.. Explain to me how a terrestrial network can show this fight in one country yet in the UK/Ireland its on box office on top of the sky charges.

Its complete gouging of a semi interesting fight...fury was fighting on channel five not to long ago and has the same chance against klitschko as his previous half dozen opponents.

Eddie hearn and sky are ripping the piss and like i said at some point it has to stop, but when people are so easily impressed it aint happening soon i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Dont agree that this should be PPV at all. I will pay as i have no other choice.

I just cant make a case for fury winning this.

I follow boxing but would not consider myself an expert or anything close, fury just doesnt look polished at all and hasnt any wins that would make me stand up and take notice.

Wlad wins by ko or ud.

Its all a matter of opinion, if the german domestic network can show this for nothing it indicates that the market over here is flawed.. Explain to me how a terrestrial network can show this fight in one country yet in the UK/Ireland its on box office on top of the sky charges.

Its complete gouging of a semi interesting fight...fury was fighting on channel five not to long ago and has the same chance against klitschko as his previous half dozen opponents.

Eddie hearn and sky are ripping the piss and like i said at some point it has to stop, but when people are so easily impressed it aint happening soon i guess.

It's being put on PPV by Sky because in their view (and I happen to agree) this fight is big, and will sell. It's a no brainer. If I was a Sky executive I would be PPVing this. This will sell on PPV. No doubt about it. Hence it's PPV material.

What Z Germans do has F all to do with Sky and its customers.

It's being put on PPV by Sky because in their view (and I happen to agree) this fight is big, and will sell. It's a no brainer. If I was a Sky executive I would be PPVing this. This will sell on PPV. No doubt about it. Hence it's PPV material.

What Z Germans do has F all to do with Sky and its customers.

Its relevant in that there clearly is a disconnect over here with what constitutes value for money compared to their market. Bear in mind klistchko is much much bigger name in europe and germany than tyson fury is over here.

Region wise, this is PPV material. Globally one could argue it's not, but for us here in Ireland and our neighbours across the water it's a pretty big match.

In an overall sense I am in agreement with you walsh however our views differ on other points.
    It's true in a global sense it ain't really must view PPV material and I would argue if viewed purely for boxing skill and excitement taking into account both fighters most recent fights I feel it's a bit of a stretch to say it should most definitely be PPV, but when viewed in it's most basic form i.e two giants of men in a heavyweight title fight and one of them is a domestic fighter then yes it should be a PPV event and it makes sense for sky to sell it as such after all it ain't for the love of boxing that they're involved in broadcasting the sport.
    I do hope I'm proved wrong on the excitement side of things after all who wouldn't want the fight to be exciting! I just feel the other two really headline fights I mentioned have the opportunity to offer more in the way of fireworks and excitement.

Its relevant in that there clearly is a disconnect over here with what constitutes value for money compared to their market. Bear in mind klistchko is much much bigger name in europe and germany than tyson fury is over here.

So move to Germany!

In an overall sense I am in agreement with you walsh however our views differ on other points.
    It's true in a global sense it ain't really must view PPV material and I would argue if viewed purely for boxing skill and excitement taking into account both fighters most recent fights I feel it's a bit of a stretch to say it should most definitely be PPV, but when viewed in it's most basic form i.e two giants of men in a heavyweight title fight and one of them is a domestic fighter then yes it should be a PPV event and it makes sense for sky to sell it as such after all it ain't for the love of boxing that they're involved in broadcasting the sport.
    I do hope I'm proved wrong on the excitement side of things after all who wouldn't want the fight to be exciting! I just feel the other two really headline fights I mentioned have the opportunity to offer more in the way of fireworks and excitement.

Regarding excitement there have been many many fighters that don't fit that category that are PPV sellers.

The essence of PPV is marketability/name recognition and fan interest. I think these two big men tick all boxes.

We agree on the general sense of this being PPV. That's my main point.

• Advertisement

So move to Germany!

Lol you really dont like people disagreeing with you do you?..

spend your money on this fight if you like..convince yourself its value if you have to but we are not all so easily impressed.

Haye is a vegan now as well apparently. Saw something mentioned about it on twitter, wasn't his feed though cause he blocked me from it :o

pac_man wrote: »
    I'm quite surprised by that comment from you given both fighters have negative styles.

I explained my view on it. I am not talking about their styles.

Lol you really dont like people disagreeing with you do you?..

spend your money on this fight if you like..convince yourself its value if you have to but we are not all so easily impressed.

I actually prefer a decent debate that has differing views. You, on the other hand seem to take differing views more personally, as your posts suggest.

Forgetting value for money. The PPV decisions made are very little to do with value for money. Just look at what was on show May 2nd. A stinker. The hype and marketability was the PPV seller. Value for money can only really be debated after the event.

Btw, Fury is as big a name here and in Britain as Wlad is a name in Germany.

pac_man wrote: »
    100% agree with this. Sky had to find a way to justify Brook v Chavez as PPV. As was mentioned previously, that Cleverly v Bellew fight has set the benchmark in terms of idiots that are gullible to hype.

Agreed, but let's not compare this event to those shambles.

And I am not talking about the performances on the night. I am talking about the Sky decision to put these nobodies on PPV in the first place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement