Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyson Fury (undisputed world champion!) vs Vladimir SEE MOD WARNING POST#558

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Given fury's background would he open with "howya boss?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    He was meant to train fully there but pulled out last minute. Plenty of jippo's around there to keep him entertained.

That kind of comment is not welcome here. Warning issued, please think before you post in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What a hero

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Apart from asking questions of Wlad, I agree with this.
    What questions can be asked of Wlad?

His chin? Most of his opponents are too scared to have a go, beaten before they step into the ring, Fury will have a go! I think he'll come up short but he'll die trying that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

Johner wrote: »
    His chin? Most of his opponents are too scared to have a go, beaten before they step into the ring, Fury will have a go!.

It's a myth that vlads chin is weak. Vladimir was hit with mutilple hayemakers. When Haye felt the power of Klitschko, he went runabout. I can assure you Povetkin and Pulev were not scared to have a go either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

magma69 wrote: »
    One thing about Fury, he'll give it a go. He won't do a Haye on it and be happy to lose a decision, he'll get knocked out actually trying to win.

Can't see Fury beating Wlad but he might ask some questions of him given his size and his offensive arsenal.

His offensive arsenal? He's big and game alright but what offensive arsenal does he bring? He's not fast, hasn't got a good jab and considering he's massive doesn't have great power.
    Add to that he's not that hard to hit and doesn't have as big a physical advantage as his fans seem to think over Klitchko.

sxt wrote: »
    It's a myth that vlads chin is weak. Vladimir was hit with mutilple hayemakers. When Haye felt the power of Klitschko, he went runabout. I can assure you Povetkin and Pulev were not scared to have a go either!

Also Haye said that Klitschko was much faster than he thought he was going to be, in other words much better than he thought he was going to be.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

Also Haye said that Klitschko was much faster than he thought he was going to be, in other words much better than he thought he was going to be.:)
    Exactly. Pundits call vlad slow and boring because it suits their narrative . I can guarantee that pulev did not expect to be knocked out for the first time in his career by a leaping giant delivering a ko left hand hook. A thing of absolute beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

sxt wrote: »

I'm not saying his chin is weak at all, I'm saying it can be tested by Fury. He has lost 3 times by being stopped, I know these are a long time ago but Wlad isn't unbeatable, 3 men have beaten him in the pro's. It's not like it's an impossible task for Fury, this is heavyweight boxing where one punch can do it.

Haye definitely didn't have a go anyway, the way he fought was embarrassing. Povetkin was way too small to trouble Wlad and Pulev isn't good enough.

Fury has the size, is he good enough? I don't think so myself but hopefully his size causes a few problems for Wlad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Gintonious wrote: »

Wouldn't surprise me to learn Fury had some genuine mental problems, but all that stuff said in interviews is tongue in cheek. He doesn't take any of it seriously.

Henno30 wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me to learn Fury had some genuine mental problems, but all that stuff said in interviews is tongue in cheek. He doesn't take any of it seriously.

He is quite religious, so I wouldn't be so sure that the scary stuff in that interview is tongue in cheek.

He is quite religious, so I wouldn't be so sure that the scary stuff in that interview is tongue in cheek.

Is he though?

Is he though?

Well he barks on about it quite a lot. It would be seriously odd if he was an atheist masquerading as a devout Christian.

He posts lots of religious stuff on his Twitter as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Thou shalt not Steal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Well he barks on about it quite a lot. It would be seriously odd if he was an atheist masquerading as a devout Christian.

He posts lots of religious stuff on his Twitter as well.

I never bought into the travelling communities profession of religion. Way too contrived for my liking.

For the record, Fury equating paedophilia with homosexuality is disgusting and in a different, better run sport there would be serious professional consequences for such a statement. But this is boxing. You have to take it with a grain of salt.

For the record, Fury equating paedophilia with homosexuality is disgusting and in a different, better run sport there would be serious professional consequences for such a statement. But this is boxing. You have to take it with a grain of salt.

As with pretty much everything he says.

Himself and Saunders seems like lovely fellas

I have never really warmed to Fury. Something a little to sneaky/arrogant about him. I just don't get a likable buzz from him. I also don't find him interesting as regards what he says. He can speak, but it's all a bit staged and forced with him. He tries to bring the fun element to his speaking, but I don't see that.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    I have never really warmed to Fury. Something a little to sneaky/arrogant about him. I just don't get a likable buzz from him. I also don't find him interesting as regards what he says. He can speak, but it's all a bit staged and forced with him. He tries to bring the fun element to his speaking, but I don't see that.

Yeah, him and his oul fella seem to think they are lovable rogues or something. Never liked the way he carries on at all. Calling Klitchko an old small man is just digging a hole for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

He's getting knocked out against wlad so no need to worry about him :)

Yeah, him and his oul fella seem to think they are lovable rogues or something. Never liked the way he carries on at all. Calling Klitchko an old small man is just digging a hole for himself.

Don't think he thinks he's lovable at all, quite the opposite actually.

Think it was Steve Cunningham who summed it up recently in an interview basically saying that fury is playing the mayweather card where he realises that he's not mr popular and knows people don't like him but he's going to make them hate him even more.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/664142324935622656

Some pic of the big man this evening :D

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/664142324935622656

Some pic of the big man this evening :D

The only man to beat wlad now is Father Time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It says it all about the heavy weight division that someone like Fury is even in the conversation for a title shot.

Don't think he thinks he's lovable at all, quite the opposite actually.

Think it was Steve Cunningham who summed it up recently in an interview basically saying that fury is playing the mayweather card where he realises that he's not mr popular and knows people don't like him but he's going to make them hate him even more.

He hasn't half the talent Mayweather has in his little finger

Unless Fury takes Wlad out he is in for a heavy pasting.

walshb wrote: »
    Unless Fury takes Wlad out he is in for a heavy pasting.

Yep, think he needs a ko to win which I think he knows.
    Only 16 days to go. Any good pubs in Dublin to watch it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Yep, think he needs a ko to win which I think he knows.
    Only 16 days to go. Any good pubs in Dublin to watch it?

Murrays on O'Connell St would be a good spot to watch

Shall we begin our predictions then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

The Gloves Are Off was quite entertaining .

It's quite revealing that Fury heavily emphasised age as the key factor in the fight. Because in truth there is no other argument for him.

It's quite revealing that Fury heavily emphasised age as the key factor in the fight. Because in truth there is no other argument for him.

Thats about the only advantage he has over Wlad, I guess you would have to take what you can get.

Just watched it now, very entertaining, could listen to both rattle on for hours!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Haven't followed boxing for a while, but the build-up to the fight is seriously drawing me in.

Can any of you tell me, has Fury any chance at all of backing up all the talk he is spouting? He talks a great fight, but surely he is setting himself for massive failure here?

Wladimir doesn't look one bit worried, and actually looks like he can't wait to get his hands on Fury to teach him a lesson.

That sauna story was a bit bizarre, seems like extreme straw clutching to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chocolatito

IMO if Fury performs as good as he did against Chisora last year and Klitschko performs as average as he did against Jennings, Fury could get the win.

IMO if Fury performs as good as he did against Chisora last year and Klitschko performs as average as he did against Jennings, Fury could get the win.

When i watched that, I honestly thought (as did Dan Rafael) that Wlad would have beaten them both at the same time.

As to the question above, if we get a good Fury then we are in for an interesting few rounds at the very least, but as has been pointed out Wlad doesn't seem too shaken though. I can see him winning handy enough.

I honestly haven't seen anything from Fury to suggest he's in Wlad's class. At most he's the best of what Wlad hasn't beaten yet. If Wlad has deteriorated enough it's possible that he can out-hustle him but it's a big ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Klitscho has shown in the past that he can step up a number of gears to match & outclass his opponents. He will just do the bare minimum to ensure he gets the win. He may have to step up against Fury due to his size, similar to Pulev. I can see the Fury fight going the same way.

Fury has nothing to better Wlad with. He cannot outsmart him, outpunch him, outbox him or out hustle him. He has nothing to defeat Wald with. IMO he does not even have the punch to really bother Wlad. This will be a pasting with one man being too fast, too athletic, too slick, too varied, too cute, too heavy handed and too conditioned for the other.

I'd expect Fury to put on a good show, box well and show signs that he can compete at this level before losing a points decision. Possibly getting a rematch down the line.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Klitschko by Ko @evs to pay for the kids crimbo presents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Being a heavyweight he has a punchers chance I suppose ?

I watched clips of him recently sparring with his trainer... showing us moves.& shots. I Can only presume that in his head he felt he was blindingly fast as in his movement and letting shots off... but he looked and was actually slow, looked lake a piss take really !

secman wrote: »

Normally I'd agree, but in this case I see it as a remote chance.

secman wrote: »

I watched clips of him recently sparring with his trainer... showing us moves.& shots. I Can only presume that in his head he felt he was blindingly fast as in his movement and letting shots off... but he looked and was actually slow, looked lake a piss take really !

I think that's a good description of Fury. A slow guy who fights like he's fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Not saying Fury is lightning but he's a very good mover for his size, if Tyson had a good chin i'd give him a real chance of beating Wlad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement