Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyson Fury (undisputed world champion!) vs Vladimir SEE MOD WARNING POST#558

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

secman wrote: »
    Being a heavyweight he has a punchers chance I suppose ?

I watched clips of him recently sparring with his trainer... showing us moves.& shots. I Can only presume that in his head he felt he was blindingly fast as in his movement and letting shots off... but he looked and was actually slow, looked lake a piss take really !

A puncher always has a punchers chance, unfortunately in Fury's case that is a punch that just doesn't exist. He will find out like Haye that Wlad is just on another level to everyone else and is several levels above anything Fury has faced.
    He will find out very quickly that he has poked his head into the rarefied atmosphere and Klitchko will say, welcome to the layer cake son! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Im dying for this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

The real question is do you put your money on the KO or decision for wlad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭badabing106

You put it on KO. Wlad is more aggressive when he is fighting bigger fighters. If Tyson comes guns blazing early he will get knocked spark out early. Tyson will not settle for a points defeat either, he won't pussy out like Jennings and haye did . He will risk it all in one round if he makes it to the later rounds, and then it is good night Irene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Not saying Fury is lightning but he's a very good mover for his size, if Tyson had a good chin i'd give him a real chance of beating Wlad.

No way. All the chin would mean is that Fury takes a sustained beating. He has not got the arsenal and athleticism to outfight and outbox Wlad!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

I sometimes get swayed by all the opinion and noise before these big fight but looking at this objectively I just cant make a good case for Fury, unless Wlad gets old overnight.

I think Fury gets stopped in the mid rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Tyson will not settle for a points defeat either, he won't pussy out like Jennings and haye did . He will risk it all in one round if he makes it to the later rounds

Will he though? A lot of fighters talk like that until they're confronted with the fact they can't hit the man they're in with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Anyone else thought Fury has looked very awkward when getting hit and even when throwing at times? Like he flinches or twitches, something like that?

The fact that Steve Cunningham put him on his ass and he's tiny in comparison to Fury makes me think he will get caught and at least get knocked down or KO'd in this one. I've been saying for years Fury is begging to be knocked out.

He doesn't have the discipline or the ring smarts to follow a perfect gameplan for an entire 12 rounds (not that I know what his perfect gameplan would be in this one as I don't really know how he wins.)

I'm just trying to decide if I should bet on the decision or the KO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Looking forward to this fight, can't see any department Fury has an advantage over Wladimir in. Fury is completely out of his depth. The heavyweight scene has never been worse imo, shows the calibre of fighter around if Tyson Fury can waffle his way to a title shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I think Fury is definitely better than what people give him credit for. He's really developed in the last 3 years or so. Coinciding with changing to Peter Fury as his trainer. He openly admits that up until 2011 he was barely training and just fighting for money.

Since Peter took over everything has gone up a few notches, proper training camps and facilities. Thing is though he hasn't fought much since 2012. Haye backed out of two fights against him which cost him a year. His second fight with Chisora is testament to how much he has improved for anyone who seen the first fight. He absolutely schooled del boy that night.

I think it's fair to say that we really don't know how good he is. This has been his longest and toughest training camp, he looks in great condition. Fight has possibly come too early for him but he's getting paid well and has nothing to lose. I just hope that he does himself justice on the night and performs to capabilities and has no regrets, I'll be shouting for him Saturday night.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Vlad will win on points, by a wide margin. Hopefully Fury w'ont sit on the end of his jab just like Haye did.

I also see Haye is coming back, and wants to fight Joshua.

I think Joshua would put him into row Z.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

ebbsy wrote: »
    Vlad will win on points, by a wide margin. Hopefully Fury w'ont sit on the end of his jab just like Haye did.

I also see Haye is coming back, and wants to fight Joshua.

I think Joshua would put him into row Z.

A fit and prepared Haye would present a huge test for Joshua. Joushua is bigger, but Haye is big, fights awkwardly, is fast and explosive, and can bang. It would be a massive step up in class for Joshua. Would love to see it. I am not sure how much the layoff would affect Haye?

Joshua may well be the real deal, but until he steps in the ring with an actual competent HW who can hit him clean and hard then we will never know.

I think Joshua sparks Fury early. I think Haye sparks Fury early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Ive had a few pops at Haye in the past, however, he can box smart & can hit hard. He is no push over. He has put a few very decent boxers on their ass in his career. If it wasn't for his gammy toe he would have done the same to Klit 😛

boxer.fan wrote: »
    Ive had a few pops at Haye in the past, however, he can box smart & can hit hard. He is no push over. He has put a few very decent boxers on their ass in his career. If it wasn't for his gammy toe he would have done the same to Klit 😛

I hope thats an attempt at a joke.

What time will this fight be on at? I think coverage starts on Sky at 7pm, but want to go to a pub with a few mates and watch it so any ideas when the main event would kick off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

What time will this fight be on at? I think coverage starts on Sky at 7pm, but want to go to a pub with a few mates and watch it so any ideas when the main event would kick off?

Normally 10pm is the main event.

Wlad calls in Vitali.

CUW3I-aWIAEl8rV.jpg

pac_man wrote: »
    Usually 10-ish but just had a look on boxrec and there's no fights on the undercard as of yet.

Hughie Fury v Nicholai Firtha is supposed to be on the undercard.

Normally 10pm is the main event.

Wlad calls in Vitali.

CUW3I-aWIAEl8rV.jpg

Holy ****, that's a rare photo. can't get a better bit of sparring in than Vitali!

pac_man wrote: »
    Pulled out a couple of days ago.

Oh.They should give Mike Perez a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Wlad calls in Vitali.

CUW3I-aWIAEl8rV.jpg

That is some pic

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

There you have the 2 most dominant HWs of all time in the ring together, fantastic stuff.

HBO fight promo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Hope he knocks the gypsy spark out

Wlad and Vitali here.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/34903646

Slightly off topic but kind of related, Haye is expected to announce his return to the ring tomorrow.

He will be after the winner of this I suspect.

• Advertisement

Who has Fury been sparring, anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Gintonious wrote: »

Slightly off topic but kind of related, Haye is expected to announce his return to the ring tomorrow.

The loser of this would be more like it, he'll not waltz into a title fight just because he's gonna fight again. It's a real shame fury vs haye never went ahead, would have been the biggest domestic HW fight in a long time, it'd also have shown what sort of a level fury is really at, I certainly felt at the time that haye would have had too much for fury now I wouldn't be so sure although I'd not have fury as a strong fav.

The loser of this would be more like it, he'll not waltz into a title fight just because he's gonna fight again. It's a real shame fury vs haye never went ahead, would have been the biggest domestic HW fight in a long time, it'd also have shown what sort of a level fury is really at, I certainly felt at the time that haye would have had too much for fury now I wouldn't be so sure although I'd not have fury as a strong fav.

He will probably get the loser, but I imagine he would want the winner.

I agree with you on the fight with Fury, and we still might get it now, which would be entertaining at the least.

Re Haye both Klitschko and Fury won't entertain that nonsense again, I'd say he'll look for 2 or 3 handy fights and then a big money fight with AJ.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

He would get murdered by Wlad again, in every other parallel universe it happens the same way.

He would beat Fury though, but Fury has had 2 fights cancelled on him over Haye getting injured. So he won't want to waste his time, of course should Fury lose this weekend, and he follows through with his promise of retiring then we won't have to worry about that.

Finally fight week has arrived, has been a long time coming.

Imagine the shockwaves a victory for the furious one would send out, Tyson Fury World Heavyweight Champion of the World :D

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Finally fight week has arrived, has been a long time coming.

Imagine the shockwaves a victory for the furious one would send out, Tyson Fury World Heavyweight Champion of the World :D

...yeah.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Cant wait to laugh at all the "know it alls" on here when the gypsy warrior knocks Vlad unconscious

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Cant wait to laugh at all the "know it alls" on here when the gypsy warrior knocks Vlad unconscious

Im looking forward to seeing you around here after Saturday ;)

Who has Fury been sparring, anyone know?

He had a Dutch kickboxer for a while, think Eddie chambers was there earlier in the year, a few I didn't know and his relatives.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Vlad is now odds on to ko tyson after money over the weekend while the furious ko is 6/1. He won't get a points decision in Germany so that 6/1 ain't bad!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Re Haye both Klitschko and Fury won't entertain that nonsense again, I'd say he'll look for 2 or 3 handy fights and then a big money fight with AJ.

True, it will be up to fury to decide whether to revisit the haye scenario but it would be a big money spinner! And I've no doubt haye would rather fight fury than AJ. Not because AJ is better (that very much remains to be seen) but because a potential loss to Joshua would be more painful on a number of levels than a potential loss to fury. At least haye would have the excuse of losing to a world title contender(or holder) should he fight fury and lose whereas if he fought Joshua and lost he's nothing more than a stepping stone for Joshua's career not to mention a potential lose to Joshua would more than likely be a KO whereas a potential lose to fury would more than likely be a decision.

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Vlad is now odds on to ko tyson after money over the weekend while the furious ko is 6/1. He won't get a points decision in Germany so that 6/1 ain't bad!

I put the all the santa money on Fury by ko/tko in round in round 4 66/1

I put the all the santa money on Fury by ko/tko in round in round 4 66/1

Best of luck. I can't see any ko coming before the 10th round. I'd say the smart money would be on the klit decision at 2/1

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Best of luck. I can't see any ko coming before the 10th round. I'd say the smart money would be on the klit decision at 2/1

I think if Fury doesn't win it by the 6th he will fatigue badly and lose on points alright. 2/1 just isn't attractive enough to me though as I really fancy Vlad to hit the floor

Im going with a Wlad KO unless Fury just doesn't want that, and plays it safe and doesn't really engage after a while.

Gintonious wrote:
    Im going with a Wlad KO unless Fury just doesn't want that, and plays it safe and doesn't really engage after a while.

Have you ever watched Tyson fight? He will engage from the first bell, that could possibly be his downfall is his eagerness

Have you ever watched Tyson fight? He will engage from the first bell, that could possibly be his downfall is his eagerness

Then its a KO then.

Fury boasting he has got into the best shape of his life and has lost 5 stone, suffering jaysus, a world level boxer is 5 stone heavier than prime condition! He's only in his mid twenties, how much training energy has been used up just getting into shape?
    One of the reasons the Klitschko's have been dominant is that they look after themselves and keep fit 12 months of the year, too many of the modern heavyweights look like they don't train at all. I'd say Wlad would beat any of them even if he only had 3 to 4 weeks to train.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Pulled out twice v Fury and what has he done to deserve another shot at Wlad? He was completely outclassed and fought like a coward in the fight after all his talk.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I hope you don't mind a long wait :D

I hope you don't mind a long wait

2 or 3 rounds isn't that long for me pal!

• Advertisement

2 or 3 rounds isn't that long for me pal!

I ain't your pal friend! ;)

I hope you will be around for the gentle slagging Saturday :)

Advertisement