Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cost of living in ireland for returning emigrant

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Menas wrote: »
    If you are returning home from Kazakhstan you will find the cost of living here high. If returning from Switzerland you will find it cheap.
    Not that much cheaper, TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Not that much cheaper, TBH.

Yeah theres very few places left on the planet that you can return back from and find Ireland cheap.

Im in california at the moment and finding it quite expensive, possibly due to the strengthening dollar. A beer in my hotel is $6 which translated into euro is €5.35 :eek: A beer in Hooters is $11 which is nearly a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

seamus wrote:
    €100/month? There's something wrong there. I've a two-bed with two adults and a child in it, someone at home practically all the time and storage heating, and the average monthly bill is just barely over €100. Sounds to me like you're paying a single bill divided over multiple units and you're getting shafted. Either that or someone else has a feed from your power and you're paying for them.

No, sorry, per two months ... My last bill was in May and was E143! So about 70 p/m. But that's still high for a bedsit, but most people in the house have bills like that :/

Advertisement