Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm needs service

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What type of PW system is it and what problems are you having with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 davemc321

its a phonewatch Simon XT.
    Its mostly the sensors. They keep going off at different intervals. I tend to tap them from time to time. they are too sensitive

any ideas?

dave

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If it had been working fine previousally its more likely a faulty sensor rather than them being to sensitive.
    Is it the same zone that keeps activating?

Yeah its the same zone...! is it easy to get someone to fix and generally service it all?

cheers

Yeah its probably one faulty wireless device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Check the log to see what sensor is tripping.
    Up and down arrows to scroll. Middle button is enter.status button to exit

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yeah its probably one faulty wireless device.

It might be that it's also trying to dial out to phonewatch ( which I have disconnected)
    I've been told if I get a code from my old Eircom bill I can disable this...it begins with X...you know about this?

Yes,
    Do you have the manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,700 ✭✭✭✭altor

davemc321 wrote: »
    Yeah its the same zone...! is it easy to get someone to fix and generally service it all?

cheers

If it is the same zone then then its more than likely the sensor head that needs to be replaced. Have come across a lot of the heads in these devices that have being faulty. If you open the sensor you can remove the head yourself and replace. They can be got in the suppliers here or if you are in around city west at UTCs trade counter.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes,
    Do you have the manual?

Don't have manual. Was told to get this Xcode from my old bill. Got the old eircom bill and it's not on it. I need to phone watch account number. Any idea how to get this or bypass all this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,700 ✭✭✭✭altor

davemc321 wrote: »
    Don't have manual. Was told to get this Xcode from my old bill. Got the old eircom bill and it's not on it. I need to phone watch account number. Any idea how to get this or bypass all this?

Sent you a P.M. with the manual.
    If you dont have the code then you have two options.
    Request the code of P.W. or default the system and set it back up.
    Defaulting is all explained in the manual.

Advertisement