Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cineworld increases pricing for IMAX by 6 euro

• 15-06-2015 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

IMAX 3D Jurrasic World now cost 19 euro FFS. Is that even legal??

Its not ethical for sure. I will definitely reduce the number of movies I want to see on IMAX screen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Just checked and its €19.40 for an adult !!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Poncke

I realise its the premiere, but still. Its a crime to ask 19 euros for a movie. I remember paying 6 Guilders, LOL. Thats 3 euro. Ok, that was ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Poncke wrote: »
    I realise its the premiere, but still. Its a crime to ask 19 euros for a movie. I remember paying 6 Guilders, LOL. Thats 3 euro. Ok, that was ages ago.

We paid 15 euros each for Jurassic World in the JT Dolby Cinema in Eindhoven on Saturday.

Was not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

In fairness IMAX doesn't appear to be a popular feature over here. I typically go to the ODEON in the point, and typically their high res screen (Isense, or whatever it is) tends to be empty and never full.

Personally when I go to the cinema I'm only after a 2D showing. It's expensive enough when we go to the cinema, I'm hardly going to fork out for IMAX or ISense, I'll enjoy that on a Bluray release. So wouldn't be suprised if they need to raise prices to cover the costs.

Cinema pricing is getting towards tipping point for us. We used to be able to hit the bargain days no hassle, and was well priced, but now with a baby we are limited to days we can get someone to sit, so we normally end up hitting the premium time slots.

Last cinema trip out was Mad Max, about 10 days after release. €38 something for the two of us,with two medium combos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,730 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The fact that there isn't a single real IMAX screen here in the first place makes this even more ridiculous.

http://johncanfield.me/blog/brand-confused-world-imax-liemax/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

IMAX is usually too loud for me, I'm also not really into 3D either.

There's an old fashioned service cinema in Eindhoven, I think its great :) Compfy seats and a button you push for someone to deliver beer and food to your table :)

FOTO%20SERVICEZAAL%20ZIEN%20(1).jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

But they do give you a choice as they are screening in on several screens.

If you want IMAX 3D with glasses, it 19.40 (8pm)
    If you want the 2D screening its 12.90 (8.30pm) (before 5pm €10.40 and morning time €7.70)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Dump of a cinema anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Never bother with IMAX or 3D. They get their monthly fee from me, and get more from me when I use the shops there or the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

There's an old fashioned service cinema in Eindhoven, I think its great :) Compfy seats and a button you push for someone to deliver beer and food to your table :)
    Or the cinema room in Ashford castle? :) - FREE (If you spend €495 on b&b)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

L1011 wrote: »
    The fact that there isn't a single real IMAX screen here in the first place makes this even more ridiculous.

http://johncanfield.me/blog/brand-confused-world-imax-liemax/

interesting and informative, ty.
    I went to Blanch and thought "thats not IMAx, is it?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Poncke wrote: »

IMAX 3D Jurrasic World now cost 19 euro FFS. Is that even legal??

Its not ethical for sure. I will definitely reduce the number of movies I want to see on IMAX screen.

just checked and its actually 14:40 plus you can save 1.39 by pre booking

https://www.cineworld.ie/booking/756b6c466b75734d344158507833456134437166524e4f65356f303d/selection?cinema=75&filmEdi=139352&date=20150623&time=14:00&cookieLevel=1111&locale=IE&secure=true&gbLocale=false&deviceChannelWeb=true&mapApiKey=Aj8bhxskJR1S8CqbKYkL4SpvWzacmzzB2iTfZSwi-HFLHpPN6ISfu8wccbH6Rra4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

interesting and informative, ty.
    I went to Blanch and thought "thats not IMAx, is it?"

The cinema in Blanch doesn't claim to have an IMAX screen.

Advertisement