Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitlocker - can't turn on with password

• 15-06-2015 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

At work we have a few laptops, all of which are installed with Win 8.1 and bitlocker enabled. All have the same bitlocker password.

I have re-installed Windows on a couple of the laptops last week (due to people leaving/etc) and was going through process of re-enabling bitlocker. On all but 1 this wasn't an issue. The last laptop will not allow me set up bitlocker with a password, the only options available to me are:
    1. Enter a PIN (recommended)
    2. Insert a USB flash drive
    3. Let BitLocker automatically unlock my drive
    Any ideas? I'm trying to avoid having to use PIN, as this will mean a second password in company for this...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

I got this going a few weeks ago on Windows 8.1.

In Group Policy, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > BitLocker Drive Encryption > Operating System Drives

Enable the "Require additional authentication on startup" option. You may also need to enable the "Allow BitLocker without a compatible TPM" option too.

Hope this helps. :)

Advertisement