Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desert Boots

• 15-06-2015 1:01pm
    Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Looking for Desert Boots , anyone know a Shop in North Tipp or Limerick City that sell them ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Looking for Desert Boots , anyone know a Shop in North Tipp or Limerick City that sell them ?

Schuh.ie online is your best bet, free delivery on any order over €50 and you have a full 365 days for returns.

There is a Schuh store in Bedford Row in Limerick but I don't know if they have desert boots in stock. There is a Clarks next store but it's a disaster of a shop, they looked at me like I had two heads when I asked them about desert boots a few months ago.

Get desert boots a half size down from your normal size as they are quite floppy and stretch like a mofo. I'm normally a 10.5-11 but 10s in Clarks are big enough for my feet plus an insole.

Just spotted this site, they have the Clarks desert boots going for only €70ish

http://www.triads.co.uk/triads-mens-c1/footwear-c24/shoes-c210/desert-boots-cola-suede-p72782

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Some good info there , thanks for that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

If you go back to 2012/2013 when they were in fashion, you will see them everywhere. ;)

Some good info there , thanks for that !

No worries, ordered two pairs of them myself from that site last night. Their exchange rate is slightly off but they still work out a lot cheaper than buying them here. Remember to go a half size down at the minimum or they'll be falling off your feet in a week.
    Fuzzy wrote: »
    If you go back to 2012/2013 when they were in fashion, you will see them everywhere. ;)

DBs have been a staple shoe since they first came on the scene in the 1940s. I don't really follow fashion exactly but I do know that on Reddit's MFA they are probably one of the most popular types of footwear.

If you look at old pics of Steve McQueen wearing desert boots he looks completely modern.

Steve+McQueen+Boots+%28William+Claxton%29.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 StylePoetic

Fuzzy wrote: »

This gave me a chuckle - they've never gone out of fashion.

I can't offer any suggestions for down that way, but online I've used Coogan London for desert boots and I've always been happy.

I'm a noob here so can't post the link, but just Google Coogan London.

The heel can take a little to break in but once done they're very comfortable, and the range of colours and styles is great.

I can't offer any suggestions for down that way, but online I've used Coogan London for desert boots and I've always been happy.

I'm a noob here so can't post the link, but just Google Coogan London.

The heel can take a little to break in but once done they're very comfortable, and the range of colours and styles is great.

Did you use parcel motel? Their website mentions that they don't deliver outside of the UK.

lizzyman wrote: »
    Did you use parcel motel? Their website mentions that they don't deliver outside of the UK.

Yep, I had to go with Parcel Motel because of that. But I use PM for lots of things so was no problem.

They're a quite helpful company too. I wear a 10 here but am a 9 with them. There's a measure guide on the site from memory. If you measure your foot and sent the exact measurement to them they'll tell you which size to buy.

It beats the guessing game of buying a 10, finding you're actually a 9/9.5 with them and having to send back.

Yep, I had to go with Parcel Motel because of that. But I use PM for lots of things so was no problem.

They're a quite helpful company too. I wear a 10 here but am a 9 with them. There's a measure guide on the site from memory. If you measure your foot and sent the exact measurement to them they'll tell you which size to buy.

It beats the guessing game of buying a 10, finding you're actually a 9/9.5 with them and having to send back.

So they're slightly large fitting? I'm normally a 10.5 in most shoes but a 10 in the large fitting brands like Clarks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I have desert boots , bought them on eBay last year .

I wear them around the house most evenings , and now in the warm weather will wear them out with shorts .

They are very comfy , but I don't wear them casual at all , prefer regular shoes .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Pretty Green do good desert boots, a little pricier but they are quality. I have a pair of PG shoes (not the boots though) and they are cool:

http://www.prettygreen.com/shop/product/ss13-pretty-green-brown-desert-boots/

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭terrarev

This gave me a chuckle - they've never gone out of fashion.

They may be out of fashion, but they'll never go out of style. They're the straight cut indigo jeans of the shoe world.

terrarev wrote: »
    They may be out of fashion, but they'll never go out of style. They're the straight cut indigo jeans of the shoe world.

Okay , lads can ye stick to the point , any Shops in North Tipp or Limerick selling them ?

So they're slightly large fitting? I'm normally a 10.5 in most shoes but a 10 in the large fitting brands like Clarks.

Yeah they're a little larger or else their sizes differ slightly to others. I'm 9.5 in Clarks boots and they fit perfectly and a 9 with Coogan and they fit perfect.

That's a perfect reference if you need it.

Okay , lads can ye stick to the point , any Shops in North Tipp or Limerick selling them ?

Scuh Limerick had them in brown suede when I was in there yesterday.

Scuh Limerick had them in brown suede when I was in there yesterday.

Sound , looking for black though , will wander in tomorrow for a look around .

Sound , looking for black though , will wander in tomorrow for a look around .

Don't quote me on this, but I think the shop assistant mentioned they can order them in black for you. I was only half listening though as the colour I wanted wasn't in stock.

Advertisement