Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieve Mobile Credit

Options
  • 15-06-2015 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hello,

It there a way to get mobile credit off my phone. With free texts and calls to others on the same network I never use my credit, so it has built up over the years.

I'm not looking for a way to spend it, I buy app, music, donate etc.

I'm looking for a way to 'send' it to myself. Maybe my paypal. I remember a few years ago reading about being able to set your self up as an online merchant and buying of yourself with mobile credit. I've done some searching and can't find anything on it now. Most links are dead.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

You could arrange to sell it to someone else, eg, with Vodafone, you can send credit to someone else as a gift

http://www.vodafone.ie/pay-as-you-go-plans/iou/

You could arrange to sell it to someone at a discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

MeTheMan wrote: »
    Hello,

It there a way to get mobile credit off my phone. With free texts and calls to others on the same network I never use my credit, so it has built up over the years.

I'm not looking for a way to spend it, I buy app, music, donate etc.

I'm looking for a way to 'send' it to myself. Maybe my paypal. I remember a few years ago reading about being able to set your self up as an online merchant and buying of yourself with mobile credit. I've done some searching and can't find anything on it now. Most links are dead.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Some networks expire unused credit after a period.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

I'm not with Vodafone I'm with Three.

Ya It will expire after a certain time of it's not being used. There was websites that would do it with a percentage of the credit for there trouble but most have died.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MeTheMan wrote: »
    I'm not with Vodafone I'm with Three.

Ya It will expire after a certain time of it's not being used. There was websites that would do it with a percentage of the credit for there trouble but most have died.

The other options will be HNV Game Credit for Xbox or PS, if you don't have any of them you could sell it on adverts.

*Never used it but I know they were mention before in boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Thank you Nava. I've not seen that before. I will use some on that.

What I'm really looking for is a way to top up €20 retrieve it and use it again to top up. Sounds to good to be true but like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement