Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jurassic world, scary ? no spoiler pls

• 15-06-2015 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,
    Really embarrassing but as an adult movies can still scare the hell out of me ( i do not mean scary movies, just in general ). I seen the original Jurassic park and it scared me but i also loved it.
    Just wanted to ask how scary is the new one ? Many "bang" out of no where scares ?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

One or two "jumpy" bits, but I thought they were well telegraphed to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

natman2007 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Really embarrassing but as an adult movies can still scare the hell out of me ( i do not mean scary movies, just in general ). I seen the original Jurassic park and it scared me but i also loved it.
    Just wanted to ask how scary is the new one ? Many "bang" out of no where scares ?.

No it's not scary at all. It's also quite a poor film too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

No it's not scary at all. It's also quite a poor film too.

You forgot to add "In my opinion". Lots of other people enjoyed it, including myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Few tense scenes. Nothing outrageous but definitely wouldn't be bringing very young kids to it. Similar to the first in this regard. I thought it was good while acknowledging it's flaws. It being about dinosaurs and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Yep, I mean not spooky scary but defo a fair few jumps going on, plus the new dino looks rather scary - not giving anything away with that i hope :p:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 lampylady

jurassic world not half as scary as originals.. or good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

OP is asking if it's scary, no need to start mentioning if it's good or bad.
    Let them go see it and make their own mind up.

It's more like the second film than the first for tension and scares I felt i.e. not a whole lot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A 6 year old I teach saw it in the cinema with daddy before I did, loved it and recommended it to me after telling me she wasn't scared.

She isn't the typical 6yr old and I wouldn't recommend a parent bringing such a young kid to see it but you, an adult, should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A 6 year old I teach saw it in the cinema with daddy before I did, loved it and recommended it to me after telling me she wasn't scared.

She isn't the typical 6yr old and I wouldn't recommend a parent bringing such a young kid to see it but you, an adult, should be fine.

Brought my 7 yr old to see it,he thought it was amazing.Nothing particularly scary in the movie,the usual bits where dino's attack but they are telegraphed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Scary as in a lot of jumps, and the new dino looking quite monsterous, then yes imho :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

If natman hasn't seen it in the three weeks since they asked the question, I'd say they've lost interest altogether!

Advertisement