Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix on PS4

Options
  • 15-06-2015 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My netflixon the PS4 is extremely slow and laggy, at times the picture is all choppy. The PS4 is right beside the router and Netflix works perfect on laptop and tablet. I have a UPC 60mb connection. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

winston82 wrote: »
    Hi,

My netflixon the PS4 is extremely slow and laggy, at times the picture is all choppy. The PS4 is right beside the router and Netflix works perfect on laptop and tablet. I have a UPC 60mb connection. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Faker74 wrote: »
    Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app?

I've tried that but no joy. Sometimes it won't load past 25% but when I try it on my laptop it works perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

winston82 wrote: »
    I've tried that but no joy. Sometimes it won't load past 25% but when I try it on my laptop it works perfectly fine.

Sony are brutal at times with their service, 200mb on Pc and 20mb on PS4, same cable. Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Plug in Ethernet cable instead?

Happens mine the odd time where it freezes at 25% but it always works if I close app and open again. I'm on UPC too.

Keith186 wrote: »
    Plug in Ethernet cable instead?

Happens mine the odd time where it freezes at 25% but it always works if I close app and open again. I'm on UPC too.

Same here. I'm with UPC and the 25% happens to me too.

First I try restarting the app. If that doesn't work I restart the PS4. If that still doesn't work I reset the router and that will do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I'm with UPC and the 25% happens to me occasionally but not just on the PS4. I use Netflix through a Roku box and PS3 as well as a PS4 and it happens with all of them. It doesn't happen on the Windows machines in the house nor on tablets. It could be the Netflix apps on these devices but I don't think it's the devices themselves are at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,412 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

On Speedtest.net what connection speed are you getting?

Consider purchasing a Chromecast, download the Netflix app to your smartphone or tablet device, and stream. I've always found the ps4 version of the app to be terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

On Vodafone with a ps4. Mine frequently stops at the 25% too.
    No problems on tablet or laptop either...just the ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

I also get the 25% ever 2nd nite, its a pain in the arse, the only way to get around this is log off, or switch to kids account then back to main account. This works every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Consider purchasing a Chromecast, download the Netflix app to your smartphone or tablet device, and stream. I've always found the ps4 version of the app to be terrible.

I find the ps4 to be better than the Chromecast for streaming at higher quality more consistently.

The 25% hasn't happened me in a while but it only ever slowed down things by 10 seconds of so, not that bad an issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

For the 25% thing,I just play a different episode of the series and it works perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭bladetrinity

Keith186 wrote: »
    I find the ps4 to be better than the Chromecast for streaming at higher quality more consistently.

The 25% hasn't happened me in a while but it only ever slowed down things by 10 seconds of so, not that bad an issue.

Try changing your dns 1 +2 to Google servers
    Dns1 8.8.8.8
    Dns 2 8.8.2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Sony are brutal at times with their service, 200mb on Pc and 20mb on PS4, same cable. Stupid.

Does Netflix run off the Playstation Network?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭bladetrinity

lertsnim wrote: »
    Does Netflix run off the Playstation Network?

Yes it does get app from ps store
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

threw me out a few times last night too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yes it does get app from ps store
    P

It doesn't use the Playstation Network. When you connect to Netflix you are going straight to their servers. Nothing to do with Sony.

Advertisement