Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Expired Provisional

Options
  • 15-06-2015 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My provisional license expired around a year ago, what do I need to bring with me when renewing it? also will I need to sit my theory again?? I also sat a driving test.
    thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

My provisional license expired around a year ago, what do I need to bring with me when renewing it? also will I need to sit my theory again?? I also sat a driving test.
    thank you

No need to re-sit the theory test again. See here that states
    If your learner permit has expired for five years or more you must start the application process afresh and take a driver theory test, mandatory driving lessons and a driving test.
    <- you said that yours expired around a year ago so that's okay.

Next, what to bring: Again please read the FAQ right on the NDLS site here.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Don't mean to hijack the thread but I have an old provisional, it was issued in May 2010 and expired in May 2012. Am I eligible to just reapply for a 2nd learner permit without doing the theory test as it expired in the past 5 years or is it different for old provisional licenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

stdidit wrote: »
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but I have an old provisional, it was issued in May 2010 and expired in May 2012. Am I eligible to just reapply for a 2nd learner permit without doing the theory test as it expired in the past 5 years or is it different for old provisional licenses?

Nope, you're good :) unless you want to do the theory test again for the craic like.
    May 2012 is your new start date so within the 5-years.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Nope, you're good :) unless you want to do the theory test again for the craic like.
    May 2012 is your new start date so within the 5-years.

In fairness, it was great craic :) but think i'll give it a miss this time!

Thanks for the info. Finally time to get off my arse and learn how to drive. At least i'm not obliged to do the 12 lessons!

Advertisement