Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC Accounting - June 15th***

• 15-06-2015 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Was that paper (section B in particular) completely awful or was I just horribly unprepared?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Was that paper (section B in particular) completely awful or was I just horribly unprepared?

Hopefully completely awful. I knew I should have studied cash flow. I only half knew the ratios for interpretation so that didn't go well. Q1 or incomplete records didn't work out. At least Q8 was nice. I was confident of an A1 but I'd say I'm looking at a B1 at best now. So disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jamies15

Extremely predictable but Christ that was ****ing hard

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

****ing **** Cash Flow. Thought I'd take a risk and only study Incomplete B since A was up the last time, that paid off. Had to attempt Incomplete A and Interpretation, terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gingerme123

Anyone else think that was a bitch of a paper? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aoife37

What did people get as answers for cash budget and Q1? Thought Q1 was hard compared to previous years but section 2 and 3 weren't too bad

• Advertisement

Aoife37 wrote: »
    What did people get as answers for cash budget and Q1? Thought Q1 was hard compared to previous years but section 2 and 3 weren't too bad

I got a negative number for the end of the budget, it seemed odd

I got a negative number for the end of the budget, it seemed odd

Same, around (900). Question 1 mine didnt balance but was around 1'300'000

Aoife37 wrote: »
    Same, around (900). Question 1 mine didnt balance but was around 1'300'000
    mine was around (900) too : )

• Registered Users Posts: 48 leavingcert15

What did ye do with the bonus for directors, I put as a liability because they recommended it but I think it was an expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Balancing figures:

Question 1: €1,243,233
    Cash flow forecast: €-108000
    Incomplete Records: €416,700

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

What did ye do with the bonus for directors, I put as a liability because they recommended it but I think it was an expense.

It was both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Seanh966

Balancing figures:

Question 1: €1,243,233
    Cash Budget: €-108000
    Incomplete Records: €416,700

That's a very low figure for cash budget , myself and my class mates got (950)

For the price earning ratio is that,
    Market value of share/EPS?
    Did ye get 12.67:1?

Seanh966 wrote: »
    That's a very low figure for cash budget , myself and my class mates got (950)

Sorry! That's my Cash Flow question! I'll edit it now.

Anyone else get a mini heart attack when they opened it and thought it was a Departmental Account?! The new grids caught me out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 YouKnowNothing

Balanced question 1 :)
    After that it wasn't great, ratios were grand but my incomplete was hopeless :(
    Q8 was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fin709

Anybody get these?
    Q1, 1,234,383
    Q6, (13000)
    Q7, 416,700
    Q9, (905) at the end of the budget

fin709 wrote: »
    Anybody get these?
    Q1, 1,234,383
    Q6, (13000)
    Q7, 416,700
    Q9, (905) at the end of the budget

Got the same for question 6 and 9. Q1 was a bit off think I got 1,266,383 didn't do 7.

For the price earning ratio is that,
    Market value of share/EPS?
    Did ye get 12.67:1?

Yep, you did it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnh100

What was the formula for earnings per share, dividend yield and price earning ratio??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wonder will there be marks given for putting part b of ratios in a report format.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jason_H

Question 3- 60/60
    Question 4- 54/60
    Question 7- 100/100
    Question 8- 75/80

And then ****ing cash flow came along to **** it all up, max I got in that was 25, so I went from A1s all year to getting around a B2 in the actual thing.

Like how is this fair?? No one can actually learn off that whole course, so obviously people are gonna rely on predictions, we've been taught how to do them, thats what matters, so they should make the exam predictable so we can actually show off. So unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fin709

Jason_H wrote: »
    Question 3- 60/60
    Question 4- 54/60
    Question 7- 100/100
    Question 8- 75/80

And then ****ing cash flow came along to **** it all up, max I got in that was 25, so I went from A1s all year to getting around a B2 in the actual thing.

Like how is this fair?? No one can actually learn off that whole course, so obviously people are gonna rely on predictions, we've been taught how to do them, thats what matters, so they should make the exam predictable so we can actually show off. So unfair.

There was four real possibilities for section B. Incomplete, cash flow, club and tabular. Not really asking you for the whole course

fin709 wrote: »
    There was four real possibilities for section B. Incomplete, cash flow, club and tabular. Not really asking you for the whole course

Incomplete A
    Incomplete B
    Farm
    Club
    Tabular

That's five whole topics, no one predicted cash flow because it came up last year

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Daire234

Did anyone else find the depreciation question really hard? Was it 9.5% for the depreciation?

Today was the first time I ever attempted a forwards method Incomplete Records question. I had no idea what I was doing, so sneaky from the SEC giving us that and a cash flow. My balances were 416,700 and 407,500 in the end so I think I might have made off alright out of it but still a really horrible section B.

Question 3- 60/60
    Question 4- 54/60
    Question 7- 100/100
    Question 8- 75/80

I don't mean to be annoying, but if you're going to take risks in Accounting, then you should have had Interpretations as back up. It's not asking a whole lot to learn the layout of a Cash Flow either. It also had a really good chance of coming up. I predicted it to come up with a Tab as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Daire234

Incomplete A
    Incomplete B
    Farm
    Club
    Tabular

That's five whole topics, no one predicted cash flow because it came up last year

You can't classify incomplete A and B as to different questions, they are more or less the same thing, also cash flow was very predictable to come up this year as there is always either a published or cash flow every year and published wasn't going to come up

EPS= net profit - preference dividends x100 ÷ no. of ordinary shares
    Dividend yield = Dividend per share x100 ÷ ordinary dividends paid/proposed
    Price earnings ratio = market value of share:EPS

• Advertisement

Anyone have any solutions?

Advertisement