Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help quickly with CAO

Options
  • 15-06-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm a student just about finished my leaving cert. My first choice is Commerce in NUIG which is 380 points which I am not sure I will get but I will most likely get it or be close. My second choice is Business in GMIT but there is only 25 places available for that. So I was wondering would there be a low chance of me getting into Business in GMIT if I didn't get my first choice or I would I most likely get in? Any help greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Liamo290

Please can someone help me out

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Whether or not you get a place relies entirely on points.

Say you don't get your first choice. Everyone who put Business in GMIT is listed in order of their points, highest to lowest. Anyone who already has a place somewhere is eliminated. The top 25 still on the list get a place. If you're not on the top 25, you'd have to wait until someone rejects it, or accept your third choice. The course is only 300 points atm, which is unlikely to change drastically, so if you're more than that, you'll be fine and probably get in.

Just make sure you're listing them in order of preference rather than points, because if you get into NUIG and decide you'd rather do the GMIT course, you won't get a choice.

Advertisement