Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance in USA.

Options
  • 15-06-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I will be hiring a car for about a week in Chicago in a few weeks. I have been told that insurance can be expensive in the US but I can get cover from an Insurance company here in Ireland. Can anybody tell me if this is the case and who would provide such cover ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

If you're currently insured to drive a car in Ireland, ask your own insurer - this sort of thing would usually just be additional coverage on an existing policy. If you're not, I'm not sure that anyone would give you a reasonable quote for 1 weeks worth of insurance - it'd probably be cheaper to just use the insurance offered by the rental company.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

There can be some good deals for carhire in the USA. Always check Irish or European websites e.g. www.autoeurope.ie and these will include the insurance. US sites will not include the insurance, in general.

Irish insurance companies do not normally deal with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Try blueinsurance.ie

Advertisement