Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to order

Options
  • 15-06-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I'm about to order this setup from hardwareversand via geizhals.
    I just want to run it by you guys here to make sure its all good, do i have a good enough power supply etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You've to post the stuff first :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That 750w PSU is underpowered. At least 2KW for those dual 980Ti's.

Also that i7-4770k is underpowered, switch to a 5920K, and up to 32GB of ram to be future proof.

Otherwise seems good.

Took me a minute Terror :D Jaw nearly hit the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭moesyzlak

Looks good, I'd add a storage drive like WD Blue or Seagate Barracuda. There isn't a PSU there, 450-500w is enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Looks good though. If it's a purely gaming rig, an i5-K would be sufficient, no advantage to the i7 really, but up to yourself.

If it's for gaming and rendering but you don't plan overclocking, the Xeon E3-1231 is a cheaper choice and performs identical.

All in all though, seems fine.

Looks good, I'd add a storage drive like WD Blue or Seagate Barracuda. There isn't a PSU there, 450-500w is enough

Thanks for that I have a 2tb external drive. I'll go 500 min with the PSU. Also is it still possible to pick up a windows 7 key on Reddit or should I just use ubuntu until windows 10?

Just orderded!. It comes to just north of 1100. It's my first order on hwvs so i have to do it by bank transfer. I made the transfer after 4p.m. so it will be tomorrow before it shows up on my paypal acc. Hopefully it wont be too long before I can gaze down upon the console peasantry with contempt :)

Advertisement