Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burned looking leaves

Options
  • 15-06-2015 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I bought some trees back in March there between 7 and 8 years old,I had them planted by a guy who knew what he was doing,used seaweed gave them a good start and they all seemed to bloom looking great until a few weeks ago and now some of the leaves seem to look burned an withered there not falling off but just don't look great....any advice greatly appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Jimbob33 wrote: »
    I bought some trees back in March there between 7 and 8 years old,I had them planted by a guy who knew what he was doing,used seaweed gave them a good start and they all seemed to bloom looking great until a few weeks ago and now some of the leaves seem to look burned an withered there not falling off but just don't look great....any advice greatly appreciated....

Are you keeping them well watered?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Trees need plenty of watering in the first year to help them along.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jimbob33

lk67 wrote: »
    Are you keeping them well watered?

Not in the last 2 weeks but I have been since Saturday...

Not in the last 2 weeks but I have been since Saturday...

I'd imagine that was the problem. Keep an eye and if they don't get worse then that was the problem. They should releaf and be ok next year.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Trees need plenty of watering in the first year to help them along.

I hadn't been watering them but have started in the last two days,would it be possible that I've let them go to long?

• Advertisement

lk67 wrote: »
    I'd imagine that was the problem. Keep an eye and if they don't get worse then that was the problem. They should releaf and be ok next year.

Will the leaves start to look healthier again this year or will I need to wait until next year to know if any harm has been done?

Will the leaves start to look healthier again this year or will I need to wait until next year to know if any harm has been done?

The yellow leaves won't get any better but it should stop more turning. I doubt you've done long term damage and they will resprout next year. You can trim off any die back then if need be.

What are they?

There beech ,copper beech ,lime and hornbeam...

There beech ,copper beech ,lime and hornbeam...

They should be fine next year.

Advertisement