Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another wedding outfit thread- white suit?

• 15-06-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Have been invited to my boyfriend's cousin's wedding in July. Secular ceremony and reception in the one hotel. I wanted to wear a specific outfit but am not too sure about colour... It's high waisted, tailored white trousers with a white tailored jacket, a very bold orange silk camisole, orange suede heels and an orange bag. Would the colour blocking make it acceptable? No dress code has been specified on the invitation. Really don't want to/can't afford to buy something new!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Normally I would say never wear white to a wedding as it is rude to the bride and it makes you look like an attention seeker. However I think your outfit sounds fine, especially as you will have the orange top and that it is trousers, not a dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I disagree with the above poster.

Orange cami and shoes? So the vast majority of the outfit is white?

I wouldn't dare turn up to a wedding like that tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

If I was the bride I would be very cross. That is just me though. I think anyone who wears white to a wedding is an attention seeker. Surely you could borrow an outfit? It is what I am doing this summer for a few weddings I have to attend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If the bride was your friend and you knew she would be cool with it I'd say go ahead, but it's your boyfriend's cousin's wedding... I'd say play it safe and borrow a dress or wear something you've worn before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Would you get away with wearing a different jacket? You would probably take it off straight away anyway if you will be inside all day?Its just the all white look that might cause probs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Think I'll change plan and go with a pale dusty pink jacket and camisole with the trousers and nude shoes. Thanks guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I think that sounds much better. I wore a pair of white trousers to a wedding a few years back, but wore it with a dress gold top and accessories - no jacket. I wouldn't have worn a white jacket as I think it's too much white. With weddings, I think it's better to play it safe, especially if you don't know the bride that well.

Advertisement