Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

30 x 20 Shed

• 15-06-2015 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a rough idea on what it would cost to build the above shed double leafed, insulated and wired.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

woodturner wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I'm looking for a rough idea on what it would cost to build the above shed double leafed, insulated and wired.

Just the build costs or planning costs included?
    Does it need planning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭893bet

woodturner wrote: »

I suspect more than you think. Can't see a lot of change from 30k when all is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

It will need planning because of the size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

ive one coming in fri, steel shed,concrete base 30 x 20 ,non drip,damp proof course .. two double doors,2 skylights .. without wiring its costing 5400 ,for what ive listed ..

had to level out my back yard too ,spent 4k on that,3 times the size of shed area .. dug out,filled with stone,vibrating plate,gravel,plate again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

ive one coming in fri, steel shed,concrete base 30 x 20 ,non drip,damp proof course .. two double doors,2 skylights .. without wiring its costing 5400 ,for what ive listed ..

had to level out my back yard too ,spent 4k on that,3 times the size of shed area .. dug out,filled with stone,vibrating plate,gravel,plate again.

Was thinking about going down that route but one end of the shed would have turf and firewood and I thought it wouldn't be great on the walls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Put sheets of ply around the walls then stack your turf and logs.
    Have a look at adman steel sheds they have a good website that will give you an idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

CE certified steel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

CE certified steel?

25 year guaranteed so im guessing its all above board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Have they a website ?? Can you pm me theyre name if ya dont mind.

CE certified steel?

May not have to be CE certified for a domestic shed as they are exempt from the Building Regulations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

kceire wrote: »
    May not have to be CE certified for a domestic shed as they are exempt from the Building Regulations.

Hmm..

https://www.nsai.ie/Our-Services/Certification/CE-Marking.aspx

BryanF wrote: »

Yes I can see where your coming from.
    From a building regulation point of view, it would never be inspected or expected to carry a compliance certificate so was thinking more on those lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I said it because I think I read a post here about someone who couldn't get insurance for car/motorbike when put in shed because it wasn't CE certified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭893bet

Steel tech do some serious sheds. Think their 6mx4m one is less than 3k.

Advertisement