Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shenmue 3 (Kickstarter)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

A lot of respect for him not to reveal what they were shown given how great the temptation must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

New episode of DF Retro features Shenmue 2. Over a half an hour of Shenmue Retro goodness. Some interesting differences between DC, Xbox, Xbox 360 emulation and PC emulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Nice, I'm thinking and hoping PSX next week would be a wonderful time to show Shenmue 3 for the first time

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Nice, I'm thinking and hoping PSX next week would be a wonderful time to show Shenmue 3 for the first time

The guys over in Shenmue Dojo are getting well hyped for it. Here's hoping!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really hope they manage to get the rights to re-release the first two games before they launch this. I'd love to play through them again. I know i could as it is, but it'd be nice to have them available for everyone to enjoy.

• Advertisement

Good little update this month.

Lots to update this month, so here we go!
    PC Version Available on Shenmue.link

There have been many requests for the PC version pre-order option during the Slacker Backer Campaign, and now that agreements by all affiliated parties have been finalized, Shenmue.link is accepting Shenmue III PC version pre-orders as of today. As always, sales from the PC version will also help towards the Stretch Goals.

Just as with the Kickstarter, backers will be able to choose whether they would like the PS4 version or the PC version. For example, if you have pledged for the PS4 version, you can still switch to the PC version, or vice versa. Backers will be able to make their choice during the backer surveys. (More on the surveys below.)
    Game Development

R&D for various game elements is on course as the development team shifts its focus towards production. Main game scenarios are nearing completion, motion capture tests are well under way, and voicing tests with the cast have begun. Yu-san and the production staff are happy to say they are enjoying the work as they continue to diligently make progress on the mini-games, events, and battles.

“I have been absorbed in developing the game and I stay in the studio all night time to time. My life is all about Shenmue day and night.”-Yu Suzuki

New Work-in-Progress Visuals
    These are still work-in-progress and are subject to change.

rising-moon-over-temple-gate.jpg
    The Rising Moon over Temple Gate

a-fighter-breaks-out-at-the-morning-market.jpg
    A fight breaks out at the morning market

this-piece-of-heavy-machinery-looks-familiar.jpg
    This piece of heavy machinery looks familiar…

Backer Surveys
    Currently backer surveys are currently planned for the summer of 2017. On the surveys, we will ask you for your reward preferences that pertain to the different tiers and for your shipping information if you have pledged for physical rewards. There will be further updates ahead with more information regarding the surveys.

Soooo,

Sega Europe have registered new Shenmue domains, shenmuehd.com and shenmueremastered.com.

Also, Cedric Biscay has tweeted this at an interesting moment:
    IMG_20170106_132321_275.jpg

There was an update 2 weeks ago for the first time in a while. An interesting video, Ryo's character model still seems to be a placeholder. Good chance now that they are drip feeding info until hopefully new info and a trailer for e3. Still feel a delay is surely coming but no word yet.

Not a whole pile given away in the latest update but here you go:

Looks like they are playing their cards very close to their chest before hopefully a new reveal at e3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

No Shenmue at E3 according to their Twitter, they are focusing on game development instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Xenji wrote: »
    No Shenmue at E3 according to their Twitter, they are focusing on game development instead.

Instead? Instead of what? Least they could have done was provide an update on such a public stage.

Perhaps it's so far behind it would actually be a hype-deflator. Got nothing good to say? Say nothing at all. Doesn't bode well. Only positive being that the later it comes out, the better it is.

I have no vested interest in this title but having seen Mighty Number 9 and Yooka Laylee both get poor to luke-warm receptions, they may be learning from those kickstarted projects one would hope.

Yep, no Shenmue 3 for e3 confirmed by the last update.

Still no delay though which is curious. If I am to guess, it's going to be another year at least. Yu Suzuki will not want to undercook the game, as much as he can with the budget anyway.

Anyway, here's the last video, a new character unveiled:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

They have confirmed that the game has been delayed till the second half of 2018. I think most expected this, I'm just surprised it took so long for them to announce it. 2017 never seemed a realistic target for this sort of game.

More details expected later this month in their monthly newsletter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwjgFKOYdUw&feature=share

Confirmed by the man himself. Real footage of the game this year would be nice because at the moment, it feels as though all they have are tech demos.

Shenmue 3 confirmed for Gamescom.

Won't be on the show floor but media will have access and Yu Suzuki will be there.

Peter from shenmuedojo will be there as well as part of that website so should be lots of info through the forum.

Sony haven't confirmed what they are doing yet but I'd imagine there is a strong chance of Shenmue appearing on stage should they do a conference.

New Partner!! & gamescom 2017 Update #3

49 Comments

197 likes
    日本語はこちら

Hello Everyone,

We have a major announcement today concerning our new publishing partner, and follow up details for gamescom.

Deep Silver Partnership Signed

The Shenmue III project has signed a global publishing contract with Deep Silver, the game division of the German company, Koch Media. Game fans may already be familiar with Deep Silver, as they are a trusted brand who has helped many Japanese game titles find their audiences around the world.

We are proud to have gained a wonderfully reliable partner to make sure Shenmue III reaches all its fans all over the planet.

Please see the press statement here.
    (To be released at 4pm August 17th JST)
    Deep Silver
    Ys Net

Meet & Greet at the entertainment area

Details have been confirmed for the Meet & Greet announced previously for the general admission entertainment area.
    Yu Suzuki will be on hand for special Meet & Greet. Please stop on by!

Dates & times
    Wednesday, August 23rd - 6:30 pm ~ 7:30 pm
    Thursday, August 24th - 12:30 pm ~ 1:30 pm

Place
    gamescom 2017 public area Hall 9.1 Booth B011/C010

*Please note that event times may begin slightly earlier or later depending on transit time.
    *For information regarding gamescom 2017, please see their website.

With Deep Silver's support, the dev team is more excited and energetic than ever. We will channel that energy and continue our push forward!

Thank you all again for your terrific support!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

first teaser trailer out

facial animations clearly not done but looks good otherwise.

first teaser trailer out

facial animations clearly not done but looks good otherwise.
    Disappointed at the progress of the 2 main character models but the environments look great. Still looks early days, here's hoping more tidbits come from Gamescom.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

My guess is they arent doing the facial animations til they have the voice acting so it'll be stuff that comes together later on in development

the locations look incredibly good at least

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Finally might get to play these bloody things before the sequel comes out now:

https://twitter.com/sega_europe/status/984974523995906048?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Excellent news! 2018 is shaping up to be an amazing year! I was hoping they would re-release the first 2 as it's been so long since I played them, will be nice to get back up to scratch for 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I wonder how will they hold up, I would guess not too well. They were very much of their time and don't think will translate well by today's standards but I cannot wait to play them again. Still have my Dreamcast discs at home

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I just hope they don't change anything. Fair enough modern controls. But would be good it its pretty much the same game.

One of the best games ever made. The atmosphere it sets up is quite amazing.

I just hope they don't change anything. Fair enough modern controls. But would be good it its pretty much the same game.

One of the best games ever made. The atmosphere it sets up is quite amazing.

Modern controls (camera to the right analog), 1080p and Widescreen would all be good improvements.

Let’s hope the inventory carries over to the the 3rd game (not guaranteed as the new game isn’t from Sega).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Modern controls (camera to the right analog), 1080p and Widescreen would all be good improvements.

Let’s hope the inventory carries over to the the 3rd game (not guaranteed as the new game isn’t from Sega).

If we get all of this I think I would genuinely cry tears of joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Shenmue I & II is now available to order on Base for €29 including shipping.

PS4:
    https://www.base.com/Games/Shenmue-I-II-PS4/SHENPS4/product.htm

Xbox One:
    https://www.base.com/Games/Shenmue-I-II-Xbox-One/SHENX1/product.htm

Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

I'd love to say that I'm shocked, but I'm not even a little surprised at this. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Will Paddy Power take a bet that it will be delayed further?

Advertisement