Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Why would ya replay 7 with the remake so near??

I wouldn't put any money on part one of remake being released by this time next year, maybe summer 2017 at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Why would ya replay 7 with the remake so near??
    Part one in 2017ish? Finished in 20XX?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Also because nostalgia, many people will prefer the original over the remake.

Exactly, defeated Ruby Weapon for the first time too. Who knew those red balls in the North Cave were so useful and Dazers!

Who says it is near?

Also because nostalgia, many people will prefer the original over the remake.

There's a good chance the original will be better regardless.

There's a good chance the original will be better regardless.

You never know, they might manage the impossible and do a Res Evil 1 remake on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Some interesting updates!

Source:
    http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-part-one-scenario-complete
    The scenario of the first part to the Final Fantasy VII Remake is already complete, staff interviews in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.

As previously announced, Final Fantasy VII Remake is being broken up into parts as the density of the original game would not allow a remake to fit into a single release, according to Square Enix.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is in development for PlayStation 4.

Thanks, Famitsu.

Update 8:28 a.m.: Some additional tidbits have surfaced:
    • They want add delver further into Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie.
    • They have an idea about the number of installments that will be released, but they’re not at the stage where they can say anything.
    • They’re not talking about online right now.
    • The scenario of the first part up until its ending is already complete.
    • They’re getting technological assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team with Unreal Engine 4, since they’ve been using it with Kingdom Hearts III.
    • Cloud’s hallucination scenes will be more meaningful.
    • As for the cast, they’re continuing plans with the voice actors from Advent Children, but there are some that still haven’t been offered yet. Red XIII only made a cameo appearance, so his voice is likely to be changed.
    • Separate from Limit Breaks, there is another unique system. They can’t show it yet, but the it’ll be different depending on the player’s fighting style.
    • Nothing has been decided about guarding yet.

This could be here sooner than expected!!! And delighted to see there will be more from Biggs/Wedge/Jessie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

RedXIV wrote: »

Source:

This could be here sooner than expected!!! And delighted to see there will be more from Biggs/Wedge/Jessie

I am not sure how I feel about gameplay changes. I am excited about them extending the story and the world so long as it stays true to the original and stays canon but I am a bit apprehensive about them adding new systems to battles and such. I understand there is a new generation of gamers now that are not really into the jrpg's of yesteryear and they have to cater to them as well as us older players as in the end of the day they need to make money but I really hope they do not drown the gameplay in new features or dilute the old features too much.

Here is hoping though! Who knows? It could be a masterpiece!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I really hope they do not drown the gameplay in new features or dilute the old features too much.
    Or if they must change it for the kids make it optional like the easy mode for the PC / PS4 port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

RedXIV wrote: »

Source:

They’re not talking about online right now.

Oh oh. The right now bit made me shudder involuntarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

sheep? wrote: »
    Oh oh. The right now bit made me shudder involuntarily.
    Online-only with 4 players controlling each limb of cloud.

Unlock hand waves through micro-transactions.

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Online-only with 4 players controlling each limb of cloud.

Unlock hand waves through micro-transactions.

This is genuinely how I played doom as a kid. Four of us around a keyboard, each controlling various things. If you were lucky, you were the one that got to shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i must say since the whole separate instalments thing was released my expectations and hype for this have sunk, its just a way to milk every single penny from this game, its gone from an instant must have nostalgia induced buy to il wait for the whole thing at a reduced price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

i must say since the whole separate instalments thing was released my expectations and hype for this have sunk, its just a way to milk every single penny from this game, its gone from an instant must have nostalgia induced buy to il wait for the whole thing at a reduced price :(

I dunno why people say this. I expect like other episodic games it will have an upfront price and you will get each episode as it unlocks. You can currently preorder it for €75 at gamestop. I doubt that is just for episode one.

€75... what a bargain :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

€75... what a bargain :pac:

That's actually reassuring :D gamestop usually charge more than everyone for games. Probably be able to buy this for 50 in argos on release

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Still only for PS4? Please don't make me buy a PS4 for this.
    AdiBPrO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

I dunno why people say this. I expect like other episodic games it will have an upfront price and you will get each episode as it unlocks. You can currently preorder it for €75 at gamestop. I doubt that is just for episode one.

I actually seriously doubt that this will be episodic. I think it will be 3-4 seperate, full price games like the FF13 series

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The more I read about this the more uneasy I get.

Noxin wrote: »
    Still only for PS4? Please don't make me buy a PS4 for this.

I kinda assumed it was multiplatform... ****

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd be very surprised if it's not coming to XBox One and PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

They keep switching between saying Console Exclusive & Coming 1st so I'd say PC close behind. Xbox when all sections are released

Mark my words, it will be multiple full (or bargain priced, between 20-50) games like ff 13,
    What I'd like to know is what do they mean when they say they can't fit everything in one game? The plot is done sure, blue ray can hold 100gigs or so, what is too big?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Everything I'm hearing about this is sounding worse and worse

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Cormac... wrote: »

Has a smack of George Lucas remaking Star Wars about it alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Cormac... wrote: »

Everything you're hearing is conjecture. The game is still probably 18 months away from release.

No one really knows what final shape or price it's going to be at this early stage.
    Dunno what everyone is worrying about.

Thus time next year is when the real worry will set in. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What I'd like to know is what do they mean when they say they can't fit everything in one game? The plot is done sure, blue ray can hold 100gigs or so, what is too big?

I think they mean "We want you to pay us money soonish and not in several years".

I think they mean "We want you to pay us money soonish and not in several years".

Ahhhh my corporate BS translater must be acting up :p

everything in one game? The plot is done sure, blue ray can hold 100gigs or so, what is too big?

The Blurays that the PS4 can read can hold 50GB, it does not have the lasers to read non standard high capacity Blurays released since the PS4 was produced.

There are games out now that already max out a 50GB disc. BF4 with all its DLC to date is near 100GB and there is next to no story in that.

Nothing stopping them making a multi Bluray release, installing all the discs then just using one as the play disc like the old times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

lol, by the time you got around to installing the complete game with multiple bluerays (not to mention the inevitable xxxgb patch downloads), each scenario would have been released and you'll have performed a complete play-through anyway :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This isn't going to be like FFVII on the PS1 where the game was composed of a few barely textured gouraud shaded models and 320x240 tiled bitmaps at 256 colours. They are significantly expanding the game. Recreating a 3D Midgar that is more than 20 static 2D screens that you can walk around freely is going to take a hell of a lot more space and time to develop. Also they are updating the story (the scenario that is completed would be that) which is taking up a lot of time as well so it's not like the script and story are already complete. It really needs an overhaul anyway because the story from 1997 is not going to hold up (and even then square will want to 'anime it up' for current audiences.

It kind of annoys me when armchair developers think that development is just that simple.

Advertisement