Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

And XV the same day, such marketing prowess....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Taylor365 wrote: »
    And XV the same day, such marketing prowess....

In fairness... I'd probably instantly cave and buy both anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The producer has pretty much said this isn't out in 2016. Let's hope it at least doesn't become vapourware.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The producer has pretty much said this isn't out in 2016. Let's hope it at least doesn't become vapourware.

Ah here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah here!

Was expected tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Could they be planning a January 2017 release to coincide with the 20th anniversary?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Evade wrote: »
    Could they be planning a January 2017 release to coincide with the 20th anniversary?

That's not taking into account Nomura's inability to ship a game in the last 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Never expected it this year, not with FF XV coming out as some point in the next 12 months.

Xenji wrote: »
    Never expected it this year, not with FF XV coming out as some point in the next 12 months.

I'll believe that when I see it as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Feeling this could be the year for ffxv! Mind you, felt that last year and the year before also :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Final fantasy fans and Liverpool fans are like pea's in a pod. "This year will be our year!". :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Kirby wrote: »
    Final fantasy fans and Liverpool fans are like pea's in a pod. "This year will be our year!". :p

Its worse when you happen to be both :pac: Though I've grown and learned to live with the constant disappointments, it keeps me grounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Glico Man wrote: »
    Its worse when you happen to be both :pac: Though I've grown and learned to live with the constant disappointments, it keeps me grounded.

That should be the plaque above every Liverpool fans door.... mine included.

Pro-tip for people looking for a decent FF game, forget Final Fantasy, Persona 5 is out during the summer.

Pro-tip for people looking for a decent FF game, forget Final Fantasy, Persona 5 is out during the summer.

We get it, you don't like Final Fantasy 7

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

He's been doing this for YEARS.

I do like it, Persona is just infinitely better than anything the FF series has done in years. Nothing to do with FFVII.

51RG4G0RZ0L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I do like it, Persona is just infinitely better than anything the FF series has done in years. Nothing to do with FFVII.

Does that mean so you like legend of dragoon to ? :)

:pac:

Does that mean so you like legend of dragoon to ? :)

Ah now, don't even mention that accursed name!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah now, don't even mention that accursed name!

I'll take that as a no then :mad::mad:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I dunno Retro, if you go through a lot of your comments on any thread about FF7 or anytime someone mentions it you're always very quick to dismiss it as a game and say others are better.

To be brutally honest, if a non-mod was consistently going to a thread about a game/sport/religious/political topic and dismissing the topic, going to "the x is better than this y because".

As an example, your post about Persona could have very easily gone into either your own JRPG General Discussion or your other thread JRPG's are terrible.

What I'm basically saying is, let's keep this thread for it's intended purpose. Discussion on the remake of Final Fantasy VII, the best selling game of the series and considered among the most influential games of the era, instead of taking pop-shots at the game that a lot of us are really looking forward to, even if it is a let-down.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CodeNameEagle

I really dont get it, there are so many games out there that are superior from FF and still ppl cant wait to play the remastered version...
    You ever played Mario RPG? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I really dont get it, there are so many games out there that are superior from FF and still ppl cant wait to play the remastered version...
    You ever played Mario RPG? :D

Yeah I think it's weird that everyone doesn't like all the same stuff, the same amount, and in the same order.

The other day I also found out that some people like more than one of the same type of thing, which blew my mind.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I dunno Retro, if you go through a lot of your comments on any thread about FF7 or anytime someone mentions it you're always very quick to dismiss it as a game and say others are better.

To be brutally honest, if a non-mod was consistently going to a thread about a game/sport/religious/political topic and dismissing the topic, going to "the x is better than this y because".

As an example, your post about Persona could have very easily gone into either your own JRPG General Discussion or your other thread JRPG's are terrible.

What I'm basically saying is, let's keep this thread for it's intended purpose. Discussion on the remake of Final Fantasy VII, the best selling game of the series and considered among the most influential games of the era, instead of taking pop-shots at the game that a lot of us are really looking forward to, even if it is a let-down.

I never even mentioned FFVII though and yet the salt was still strong with the fanboys?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The thread title doesnt say "Positive things about FF7 remake!". If he thinks FF is rubbish he should say so. Again and again it would appear. :p

People are entitled to their opinion. Mods are people. Well some of them are. Some are robots sent from the future but I'm fairly sure retro is human. He's been on tv sure! You dont see synths on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I never even mentioned FFVII though and yet the salt was still strong with the fanboys?

Oh please, you can't call out fanboys when you yourself wrote an entire fanboy thread about good JRPG's and why they aren't terrible.
    Let's not get into any kind of name-calling, yeah?

Kirby wrote: »
    The thread title doesnt say "Positive things about FF7 remake!". If he thinks FF is rubbish he should say so. Again and again it would appear. :p

People are entitled to their opinion. Mods are people. Well some of them are. Some are robots sent from the future but I'm fairly sure retro is human. He's been on tv sure! You dont see synths on tv.

I have no issue with Retro having his opinion on the game, in fact I have none at all. I for example was not a fan of Fallout 4, mentioned it once and then simply moved on. Same can be said for the recent CoD games over the last few years. I don't go back in the Fallout 4 thread saying "Skyrim was better because x", "Fallout 3 was better because this", and if I did, I would rightly be called out by the mods for it.
    It's exactly the reason we don't allow console vs. console vs. PC debates.

My problem is the consistent and constant posts putting down one game in particular because he doesn't like it. If a non-mod was doing it they would have been carded.
    I'm not exactly the first to call him out on this as we all know from your own "again and again" comment.

We get it, he's not a fan of Final Fantasy VII, he thinks others are better. Let's all move on.

I actually do like FFVII though. Not the most amazing game ever but still a good one. I even had plenty of positive things to say about the game when I went through it earlier in the year with the fan translation. I guess people just get mad when you don't call it the best game ever... although again I never mentioned FFVII and yet it turned into a FFVII argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

... although again I never mentioned FFVII and yet it turned into a FFVII argument.

I think it shows how often you put down FF7 that you don't even need to mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I actually do like FFVII though. Not the most amazing game ever but still a good one...

Yeah everyone knows Retro likes it deep down, he'd just prefer if the story had been written by David Cage .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Retro is like my canary in the mine, I know once he stops being allowed give FF7 a quick put down is the day I have to stop over-hyping how great RAGE was

Advertisement