Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

tok9 wrote: »
    I wish they put these ports on Vita. I just finished FFIX the other week on it, the first Final Fantasy I've actually completed. (I was close to completing FFVIII until I broke the 4th disc in fairness).

If they ported FFVII to Vita I might actually complete it.
    You can play them on the vita?

Just buy them from the ps store. If you check via via, just search in the ps1 classics section

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

RedXIV wrote: »
    You can play them on the vita?

Just buy them from the ps store. If you check via via, just search in the ps1 classics section

I have, that's where I played FF9. I mean I wish they ported the the PC ports with enhancements to Vita too. Plus it'd be better than playing the PS1 Pal versions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just get a US account. It's a pain in the ass but worth it not to play that PAL muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just get a US account. It's a pain in the ass but worth it not to play that PAL muck.

I do, I just couldn't be bothered switching my account on Vita every time I want to play a PS1 game.

I might actually use my PS TV for this. Use my vita for my ps+ games in all their glory and turn the PS TV into my NTSC PS1 machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Not worth starting it's own thread over, but I posted a few months back that FF9 was coming to STEAM.
    Well it got released today ! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Not worth starting it's own thread over, but I posted a few months back that FF9 was coming to STEAM.

Apparently it's buggy as fúck. Controllers are very sensitive. Press a button once and it recognises it as multiple presses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Apparently it's buggy as fúck. Controllers are very sensitive. Press a button once and it recognises it as multiple presses.

It does only say partial controller support.

But yea they need to fix that. Can't be that difficult considering they have it working for the other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

went and watched a few Streams on twitch, noone seemed to have any major issues. Also checked the reviews on STEAM, for the most part people were happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I remember people telling me that FF9 on Steam would never happen because the source code had been lost years ago. :pac:

• Advertisement

I remember people telling me that FF9 on Steam would never happen because the source code had been lost years ago. :pac:

I think it was always acknowledged as being more difficult because FF7 and FF8 were ported to PC but FF9 never was. But it's hard to imagine a 15 year old game was going to give modern computing any issues.

On the topic of FF7 though, did people see the interview with Yoshinori Kitase in Game Informer last week?

Linky here

but some choice quotes from it:
    When the remake was first announced, there was some confusion among fans about its multi-part format. Is comparing it to the Final Fantasy XIII saga fair in that regard? Will each entry have that kind of scope?
    It will essentially be a full-scale game for each part of the multi-part series. In XIII, each installment told the story from a different angle. It was kind of like approaching an unknown territory, in a sense. Whereas with Final Fantasy VII Remake, we already have a preexisting story, so it wouldn’t really make sense if that isn’t encompassed in the multi-part series, and it wouldn’t make sense to remake it if we don’t encompass that that entire story.

With regards to the current HD capacity and volume, the idea is that we wouldn’t be able to encompass it all in just one installment. So, if we’re just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game.

Have you decided how many installments there will be?
    Yeah, we do have an idea on the project side in terms of how many installments it may consist of, but unfortunately, we can’t share that at the moment. Of course, as we’re creating and developing the scenario and the stories, these are things that move in real time. So, the plan may change along the way. But, that said, we do have a vision for how many installments it will consist of.

The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII added new wrinkles to the story and lore behind the game. How is the team approaching the integration of those new elements into the remake?
    It’s not to say that all or some of the characters from the spin-offs or other Compilation works will appear in the remake, but if there are any areas where we can use the settings or the characters, we do want to try to incorporate it in there, so it gives off that sense of nuance and those other stories existing.

So, there isn’t any pressure to include every character and storyline from the Compilation content?
    Yes, there may be instances where the characters appear themselves, or are just referenced in dialogue. But, of course, it would be difficult to follow up on everything that happened in this universe. So, maybe some of the characters who weren’t as famous won’t appear or be mentioned. But in terms of the characters and instances that remain in the memories of our fans, we do want to try our best to integrate that in some fashion in the world.

What drove the decision to move away from the traditional turn-based system toward action-focused combat?
    We haven’t completely transitioned into action, but as our director [Tetsuya] Nomura-san says, Final Fantasy (in terms of action games) is best represented by Dissidia in the current landscape. In terms of the Final Fantasy action battles people have experienced themselves, that is most familiar to them these days. In terms of the image of the battle system, that’s where we’re getting the feel from. It won’t be as action-focused as Dissidia, of course, but the the visuals and how the gameplay feels in essence will be drawn from that Dissidia-esque style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Hehe, am I the only one who seems to like the AC movie? Dunno why but I really do like it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Noxin wrote: »
    Hehe, am I the only one who seems to like the AC movie? Dunno why but I really do like it :pac:

Bought it twice, on DVD and then later the expanded Blu-ray.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's plenty of people that like it.

The real question is why do so many people like that absolute cinematic turd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I liked the
    fight between myself and cloud and when he saw aeries at the end, thought it was very touching moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I liked the
    fight between myself and cloud and when he saw aeries at the end, thought it was very touching moment.

That took me far too long to work out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »
    That took me far too long to work out

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Playing it now.

Not worth the €16 in fairness. The character and monster sprites were upgraded to HD and some of the cinematics too, but the backgrounds and world map are the same.
    Bit jarring to see a lovely HD character on a horrible SD background.

The boosters are a great help though. X3 speed is deadly for getting around and speeding up battles.

Also, timers aren't affected by the speed boost, so I could breeze through the hunt in about 5 minutes.

The Chocobo Hot and Cold is simple now. That Chocobo is going like a jackhammer looking for treasure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

New screens

C441lz7WAAAzO_I.jpg:large

C441-rvWYAAKERO.jpg:large

Comparison

Lig3Ejz.jpg

ShaneU wrote: »
    New screens
    drool....

I hope they keep the "Attack while it's tail is up.." line. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maaaan that looks daycent. Still not holding my breath for this but will be biting the **** out of whenever it gets released.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Announced 20 months ago and still only showing the first ten minutes of the game, this may take a while :pac:

I can't wait to play this on the PS7 right after Kingdom Hearts 3 is released.

You mean after Half Life 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

The combat looks an awful lot like XV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

"Play now with Oculus Rift 5 in 4D with ultra-realistic smell in full HD*"

*still in 720p on PS7

Cloud packing some serious HP when hes fighting the scorpion

Cloud packing some serious HP when hes fighting the scorpion

The MP is the same as the original, yet HP is x5 higher :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

eeguy wrote: »
    The MP is the same as the original, yet HP is x5 higher :confused:
    Bigger numbers is more dramatic. The scorpion probably does 300HP of damage per hit now instead of 60.

They might have raised the HP cap at the endgame and adjusted everything else accordingly either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Evade wrote: »
    Bigger numbers is more dramatic. The scorpion probably does 300HP of damage per hit now instead of 60.

They might have raised the HP cap at the endgame and adjusted everything else accordingly either.

I hate big damage numbers in games. Look at Diablo 3 with numbers in the billions popping up every millisecond. And World of Warcraft, although i think they toned it down in one of the expansions its now back to huge numbers. I much prefer a slower increase with damage in the thousands being end game numbers

Advertisement