Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Holy ****in moly, just lost for words.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

That looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My God, just incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Multiple summons showing in that trailer.. shiva AND ifrit before you even leave midgar? thats worrying.. unless they plan on adding in a whole lot more summons.. but not sure that would be a good thing either.. :confused:

Looks great, the reno voice acting is crappy though and rude looks a bit too skinny :(

The don looks great though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I may have to finally buy a ps4....!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

One thing's for sure, my laptop ain't running that. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hah, the Toad effect had a tiny buster sword on it's back :P

Looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I can already hear the fan on my PS4 screaming like a jet engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Can't believe I'm going to buy this again

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

pixelburp wrote: »
    One thing's for sure, my laptop ain't running that. :(

Especially since it's not confirmed for PC (yet?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Wow - don corneo!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Haha, well the laptop definitely won't play it then! :D
    lordlame wrote: »
    Wow - don corneo!

Yeah was surprised by that. There's just no way though they're going to adapt that sequence as it played out on the PS1.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks a bit too... anime. And the ghost things... What???

I'll wait to see more. What puts me at ease is I heard the battle system is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Looks good. There must be a lot more to do in Midgar, there's more Biggs Wedge and Jessie in that trailer than all of the original game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It does look like they've expanded a whole lot.

The giant holographic Shinra is cool too. It makes a lot more sense than showing up in person on a helicopter and bragging in front of a man with a gun for an arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Looks a bit too... anime. And the ghost things... What???

I'll wait to see more. What puts me at ease is I heard the battle system is really good.

Are they definitely the “ghosts” and not enemies?

There was a very similar enemy in that section of the game where you could steal Ghost Hands from?

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_(Final_Fantasy_VII)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This seems.......super ambitious. I hope i live to play the final chapter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Video in English for those interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I hope they're voice overs as it sounds ghastly to be in game.

Looks like the Midgar part is going to be huge and it looks like you're getting summons too, which you didnt get until you got out of Midgar.

• Advertisement

Agree about the 'anime' comments, just feels wrong and not my speed; not sure how they're going to marry the more overtly goofy elements of FVII with the more hyperrealistic look of the characters. And just listening to the English dialogue reminds I also don't like that 'anime' declarative way of dialogue. Just something about it's very ... 🤷

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Japanese voices, english subs!

pixelburp wrote: »
    Agree about the 'anime' comments, just feels wrong and not my speed; not sure how they're going to marry the more overtly goofy elements of FVII with the more hyperrealistic look of the characters. And just listening to the English dialogue reminds I also don't like that 'anime' declarative way of dialogue. Just something about it's very ... 🤷

I wouldn't be surprised at this stage if they add in a story element where cloud is a virgin otaku working a dead end job that suddenly wakes up one day in Midgar and has to adapt to life in a steampunk fantasy world.

And also his mother is a there with him because Milf-sekai is now a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Most of the voice actors are the same as was in previous FF7 voiced stuff so not too personally fine either way.

New solider we don't know, and a scene that going by the original game should have been when they come back to midgar not when they were originally there so some of that might be from the next episode/game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Gonna guess that don corneo is mark hamil rumour is true as that sounded like it could be him.

I wouldn't be surprised at this stage if they add in a story element where cloud is a virgin otaku working a dead end job that suddenly wakes up one day in Midgar and has to adapt to life in a steampunk fantasy world.
    That's not exactly a million miles away from the truth.
    And also his mother is a there with him because Milf-sekai is now a thing.
    It's one thing.

Varik wrote: »
    New solider we don't know, and a scene that going by the original game should have been when they come back to midgar not when they were originally there so some of that might be from the next episode/game.
    Unless they use parachutes to get from the plate to the slums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I worry about the story/dialogue & gameplay as Square has a pretty abysmal record on this since they merged with Enix. However I think it'd be pretty hard to mess up the story for obvious reasons and the gameplay has at least some elements of turn based which I love.

Other than that it really looks fantastic. Will definitely get this now.

I worry about the story/dialogue & gameplay as Square has a pretty abysmal record on this since they merged with Enix. However I think it'd be pretty hard to mess up the story for obvious reasons and the gameplay has at least some elements of turn based which I love.

Other than that it really looks fantastic. Will definitely get this now.

They've had a few bad ones alright but they've done some of their best work since the merger in terms of gameplay and story. FFXIII-3, Dragon Quest 9-11 and the Joker games, Tactics Ogre, TWEWY. There's no arguing how good those games are.

People just think square-enix only made FFXIII and apparently they are awful now. And even FF15 for all it's flaws was fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I have never played a single FF game but feel like I know everything about this through internet osmosis.

It looks fantastic, aesthetically.

Advertisement