Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

Why play a demo and ruin the game for yourself?

Residebt evil 2 remake demo sold the game for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Residebt evil 2 remake demo sold the game for me

Sounds like a fun finanical crisis game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Demo news is picking up a bit. The pkg file it was in was available to download and unsurprisingly, someone managed to get it running (which requires breaking through Sony's encryption to "enable" the game).

Couple of spoilers below if people are interested:
    Apparently the demo isn't the E3/TGS/Gamescom demo that the masses got to try, which was just the scorpion battle. This is the entire full bombing mission including the actual intro to the game

They have slightly lengthened the intro sequence but it's a relatively faithful homage to the original. They have tried to drop a dash of "one winged angel" into it though.

Apparently Jessie's crush on Cloud becomes incredibly obvious during their interactions.

you now pick a time to set for the bomb when leaving the reactor, either 20 or 30 minutes which gives a good indication how much they've extended certain areas.

This demo will end as you escape from the reactor.

From a purely narrative point of view, they've now broken the game up into chapters and areas get their own introduction on the HUD, nothing as custom as FF9 cities or anything but similar to how FFXV differentiated areas.

The file is about 10GB in size so if you're gonna download it via PSN, you'll need about 20GB free to get it installed.

REALLY want to get my hands on this to see how it plays, apparently normal and classic mode's of combat systems are included in the demo.

The demo intro has been leaked to youtube if people want to watch but this is one I might actually skip for the release date.

But it's below if people want to look?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That intro.......goosebumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not gonna lie that made me all sorts of emotional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

New 31 min video of demo / gameplay up now

Spoilers ahead

https://youtu.be/1FfCpxxwX4Y

RedXIV wrote: »
    Demo news is picking up a bit. The pkg file it was in was available to download and unsurprisingly, someone managed to get it running (which requires breaking through Sony's encryption to "enable" the game).

Couple of spoilers below if people are interested:
    Apparently the demo isn't the E3/TGS/Gamescom demo that the masses got to try, which was just the scorpion battle. This is the entire full bombing mission including the actual intro to the game

They have slightly lengthened the intro sequence but it's a relatively faithful homage to the original. They have tried to drop a dash of "one winged angel" into it though.

Apparently Jessie's crush on Cloud becomes incredibly obvious during their interactions.

you now pick a time to set for the bomb when leaving the reactor, either 20 or 30 minutes which gives a good indication how much they've extended certain areas.

This demo will end as you escape from the reactor.

From a purely narrative point of view, they've now broken the game up into chapters and areas get their own introduction on the HUD, nothing as custom as FF9 cities or anything but similar to how FFXV differentiated areas.

The file is about 10GB in size so if you're gonna download it via PSN, you'll need about 20GB free to get it installed.

REALLY want to get my hands on this to see how it plays, apparently normal and classic mode's of combat systems are included in the demo.

The demo intro has been leaked to youtube if people want to watch but this is one I might actually skip for the release date.

But it's below if people want to look?

I watched that on fullscreen and, at the end of it, I actually tried to make Cloud move forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cmon Sony, release the demo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

A lot more than that has leaked. The entire script for the game was in the demo files for some reason.

People know everything about the game now, how many chapters and what happens/gets changed.

A lot more than that has leaked. The entire script for the game was in the demo files for some reason.

People know everything about the game now, how many chapters and what happens/gets changed.

Ugh, i know it's a remake of a game but could still be be a lot of spoilers going around. Balls, gonna be a long 2 months.

https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1212565460312633345?s=19

• Advertisement

Yeah an absolute **** load has been leaked

Has any one played the demo?

My DRK already has the Ravel Kepper's Guillotine as its main glamour, it's as close as I'll get to Buster Sword for now.

Going to be MT-ing that Ruby Weapon trial

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was gonna pre order but I'll put it off for now I think.

Was gonna pre order but I'll put it off for now I think.

You see something in the leaks you didn't like??

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    You see something in the leaks you didn't like??

Ah no I usually buy digital because my disc drive is broken, constant beeping and makes a weird ejecting noise constantly, so playing with discs is impossible as it will just keep ejecting it but there's no need to preorder digital unless you want to pre-load.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Ah no I usually buy digital because my disc drive is broken, constant beeping and makes a weird ejecting noise constantly, so playing with discs is impossible as it will just keep ejecting it but there's no need to preorder digital unless you want to pre-load.

I had (still have kinda) the same problem.
    You can slide off the top cover and turn the "eject screw" to see if it solves the problem. It worked for me for a while, but even if I try it now is can still eject from time to time, especially if it's running hot.

Funny enough the best solution I found was to put my PS4 on top of my PS3 XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUDx9TOT8VU

Ok the game is class

I might stream some tomorrow, roll on March :)

Would be nice to get some decent gameplay capture, most of the players online are ****e and just spam square :)

• Advertisement

Would be nice to get some decent gameplay capture, most of the players online are ****e and just spam square :)

Yeah I had that issue first run

The scorpion boss requires more skill than just bashing square

There’s parts in the battle where you have to hide behind debris to avoid the tail lazer etc

You can select 20 or 30 mins for the bomb, if you select 20 Barret comments “feeling cocky huh” or along those lines... pretty cool

Used limit breaks for both characters once, also cool

Streamed some there and created a highlight

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/531533635

Second time around was even more fun - really looking forward to the release now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

lordlame wrote: »
    Streamed some there and created a highlight

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/531533635

Second time around was even more fun - really looking forward to the release now.

I don't know how much you can say but could this be played by anyone with a vanilla PS4? or is this for those who have PS4's with a specific firmware version?

RedXIV wrote: »
    I don't know how much you can say but could this be played by anyone with a vanilla PS4? or is this for those who have PS4's with a specific firmware version?

The most straight forward method is to have a PS4 on 5.05, jailbreak it and install the demo pkg file - it’s not complicated.

And it’s only the demo - I have bought the €330 version or whatever it is, no intentions of pirating anything. Waited long for this and really positive after playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Game has been delayed to 10. April

Hope nobody took time off for it! :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Game has been delayed to 10. April

Hope nobody took time off for it! :pac:

Well ****, April might be greatest month of releases in a decade.

Resident Evil 3 - 3rd April
    Final fantasy VII - 10th April
    Cyberpunk - 16th April

Watch now cyber punk will be delayed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Watch now cyber punk will be delayed :rolleyes:

Thats not funny -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

They announced a delay to the Witcher 3's release just 3 months before the original release date.

Cyberpunk 2077 is due to be released 3 months from now, coincidence or impending delay announcement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Short term delays don't really bother me, generally just means they want to add the final polish to it.

If it was a year long delay I'd be worried.

Advertisement