Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

GameStop have announced they are not fulfilling recent online or and pre orders

You made me nearly crap my pants there did not read the word recent orders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

You made me nearly crap my pants there did not read the word recent orders

Sorry I meant any pre orders at present.

The warehouse is closed until government restrictions are lifted. It's a vague tweet they sent out but seems that they are closed until further notice

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Lads if you're looking for a good RPG then you can download FFXIV right now, no need to mess around with Persona. It's the best COVID19 gaming there is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Sorry I meant any pre orders at present.

The warehouse is closed until government restrictions are lifted. It's a vague tweet they sent out but seems that they are closed until further notice

So wait do you mean all pre orders or just the ones from a few days ago. I preordered my months ago

So wait do you mean all pre orders or just the ones from a few days ago. I preordered my months ago

I don't think their warehouses are open so no orders from yesterday on will go out. I added their update but try to get in touch with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Every retailer is in the same boat lads https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/store-info

Companies are not allowed into their warehouses to ship - otherwise of course they would. Only digital/UK orders are going to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Lads if you're looking for a good RPG then you can download FFXIV right now, no need to mess around with Persona. It's the best COVID19 gaming there is

Boring ass mmo's are no substitute for a good rpg.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BloodBath wrote: »
    Boring ass mmo's are no substitute for a good rpg.

FFVII isn't good though.

All joking aside I heard FFXIV is actually great as a single player RPG with a story better than the majority of the FF games. It also has an expansion written and designed by Matsuno which has me tempted to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    FFVII isn't good though.

All joking aside I heard FFXIV is actually great as a single player RPG with a story better than the majority of the FF games. It also has an expansion written and designed by Matsuno which has me tempted to give it a go.

The story is great once you hit the expansions, the problem is getting through the base game. It's not awful by any means, but it can be pretty tedious at times.

I haven't played in a while but last I heard SE were working on improving the earlier parts of the game.

Tbh as a single player game it's merely ok, something to piddle away the hours. But as a co-op game for raiding it's immense and the most engaged I've been with FF since XII.

I don't know what Matsuno did tbh, there is an Ivalice raid but the writing on it isn't that good. The raid itself is incredible tho.

To bring it back to VII.. I'm currently learning Ruby Weapon with the FC as a Scholar. **** is hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Should be quite a few. Midgar is expanded from 8-10 hours to 30+ hours. It's going to be a lot bigger with lot's of new story elements, characters and locations.

Sounds brilliant. Just out in time for my birthday as well. Who needs family, friends or contact with any human life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    FFVII isn't good though.

You can keep saying that but it doesn't make it true. You are definitely in a tiny minority who thinks so and you're wasting your time saying it in this thread.

FFXIV looks like any typical mmo. Boring grindfest, crap quests, poor graphics, poor story and characters, poor gameplay loops. The most stagnant boring genre in the industry that still hasn't moved on or improved since wow, a 16 year old game.

On top of all that they expect you to pay full price for the game and expansions with a monthly sub on top. No thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tbh as a single player game it's merely ok, something to piddle away the hours. But as a co-op game for raiding it's immense and the most engaged I've been with FF since XII.

I don't know what Matsuno did tbh, there is an Ivalice raid but the writing on it isn't that good. The raid itself is incredible tho.

Think he designed that raid.

You can keep saying that but it doesn't make it true. You are definitely in a tiny minority who thinks so and you're wasting your time saying it in this thread.

FFXIV looks like any typical mmo. Boring grindfest, crap quests, poor graphics, poor story and characters, poor gameplay loops. The most stagnant boring genre in the industry that still hasn't moved on or improved since wow, a 16 year old game.

On top of all that they expect you to pay full price for the game and expansions with a monthly sub on top. No thanks.

Lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Finally went to check my order status, I get a free Lanyard too :) Simple things :)
    ff7-order.jpg
    Now I need to find out what "Initiated" means

My shopto order starts processing tomorrow. Probably won't come super early or anything but nice to know it's being picked up.

Either way I also have a digital pre-order.. paid for it 6 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

My shopto order starts processing tomorrow. Probably won't come super early or anything but nice to know it's being picked up.

Either way I also have a digital pre-order.. paid for it 6 months ago

Mine too, updated this afternoon to say it will process tomorrow. Could even ship out tomorrow or Thursday. Should definitely arrive a few days early at the very least.

ShopTo price is also significantly cheaper than many options, even including their expensive 6 quid shipping. Comes to 52-53 euro.

rm212 wrote: »
    ShopTo price is also significantly cheaper than many options, even including their expensive 6 quid shipping. Comes to 52-53 euro.

Finally, we get something good out of Brexit :D

rm212 wrote: »
    Mine too, updated this afternoon to say it will process tomorrow. Could even ship out tomorrow or Thursday. Should definitely arrive a few days early at the very least.

I see they have put a hold on my card also for 0.01c meaning they are going to charge soon also!

Payment Information
    We will start processing this pre-order on 01/04/2020

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I see they have put a hold on my card also for 0.01c meaning they are going to charge soon also!

Payment Information
    We will start processing this pre-order on 01/04/2020

:D

I ordered it from here too in addition to the deluxe edition I had preordered from game.co.uk as I just remembered the last game I ordered from game.co.uk arrived over a week after the release date and that was sans global pandemic... so I can just sell the basic game from whichever edition arrives late :/

• Advertisement

507741.jpg

Saw this today. Thought of all you lads and lassies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

RedXIV wrote: »
    Now I need to find out what "Initiated" means

Gone to "Requested" now. Hopefully it's making tracks!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trophy list.

https://www.powerpyx.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-trophy-list-revealed/

18 chapters, sounds like a fairly chunky game. Makes it sound like a full game and any parts that come after will be more like sequels than just 1 game split up, just the feeling i get from it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Trophy list.

18 chapters, sounds like a fairly chunky game. Makes it sound like a full game and any parts that come after will be more like sequels than just 1 game split up, just the feeling i get from it.

Hardened Veteran trophy
    Complete all chapters on Hard difficulty.

Nuts, I hate difficultly related trophies.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Trophy list.

Yeah after reading that it seems long enough. Although does not look like we will get to the "world map" if there even is one in this version of the game. Chapter 18 seems like the bridge at the end of the Midgar portion of the game.

Actually just go to the Chocobo Farm on my playthrough yesterday. Have a fair bit to cover in the next week or so!

They've always said they have expanded midgar substantially (40 hours) and always said it ends right as you leave midgar.

Not sure where people's confusion is coming from with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

I wonder how you will transition to the next game,will you be ble to carry over progress or will it just be a new start

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

daheadonu wrote: »
    I wonder how you will transition to the next game,will you be ble to carry over progress or will it just be a new start

Hard to tell, we’ll have to wait until the PlayStation 7 reveal to see how they handle backwards compatibility ;)

EB in Australia have broken the street date and are selling it now.

It's all over Twitch.

Hopefully we get our copies soon!

• Advertisement

EB in Australia have broken the street date and are selling it now.

It's all over Twitch.

Hopefully we get our copies soon!

100 dollars
    No thanks!

Know anywhere else this is selling physical besides amazon?

Advertisement