Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I don't why ye all thought it was going to a short game? its a 50 hour game at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't why ye all thought it was going to a short game? its a 50 hour game at least!

I hadn't seen any official word about length and plenty of "but it's just Midgar, 3 hours tops". I knew it was gonna be longer but no real idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

It's definitely not 3 hours but I would also be surprised by 50 hours at least. I think it'll be a Crisis Core sized game (around 20 hours) if you don't grind sidequests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

100 dollars
    No thanks!

Know anywhere else this is selling physical besides amazon?

79 dollars from JB Hi Fi

79 dollars from JB Hi Fi

That's still 73 euros and not even delivered I suspect.. I repeat no thanks!

• Advertisement

Seen plenty of complaints about games being too long or too short recently.

Indecisive

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Shopto changed my order from pre order to back order, sounds like they didn't get enough stock cause of COVID or something

Shopto changed my order from pre order to back order, sounds like they didn't get enough stock cause of COVID or something

Mine too, base.com, simplygames all sold out of day one stock also

They must have got their allocations and not enough

But did just get an email asking to make sure my details are correct and they will be shipping as soon as possible

Ep 3 of Inside the Remake (Combat & Action). Turn on CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Same with mine thismorning :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone any updates on the gamecollection delivery?

Mine is still awaiting stock, ordered 9th of feb

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Is there any way of going digital thats cheaper than the 70 quid on the Playstation store?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Had this pre-ordered with Smyths for collection for months but given everything that's happening that was cancelled. Subsequently pre-ordered again for delivery but I don't think that's going to be happening since they've closed up operations for the coming weeks (unless they ship from the UK?). Tweeted their customer service account since it's still being manned but haven't got a response from them. Coming to think that I'm just not meant to get this game on launch day!

Seeing in other threads that gamestop is delivering again. Let us know if you ordered FF there and if they are shipping early.

Same with mine thismorning :/

Its now moved to the "orders" tabs from "pre-orders" and is listed as "processing"

Should be leaving there soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Seeing in other threads that gamestop is delivering again. Let us know if you ordered FF there and if they are shipping early.

I pre ordered ff there this morning. They have taken payment i think so theres that to go on. I’ll update when my order dispatches

Shame about the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

:Keith: wrote: »
    Had this pre-ordered with Smyths for collection for months but given everything that's happening that was cancelled. Subsequently pre-ordered again for delivery but I don't think that's going to be happening since they've closed up operations for the coming weeks (unless they ship from the UK?). Tweeted their customer service account since it's still being manned but haven't got a response from them. Coming to think that I'm just not meant to get this game on launch day!

Smyth's say they will post out orders placed on or before 27th March.

hmm they dont have the Deluxe any more on gamestop online store. had that preordered with a deposit instore. Guhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Smyth's say they will post out orders placed on or before 27th March.

Ah, thanks for that. Where did they say that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

:Keith: wrote: »
    Ah, thanks for that. Where did they say that?

Here: [url] https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/contact-us[/url]

ooh.. Game.co.uk just emailed to say my order is being packed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone any updates on the gamecollection delivery?

Mine is still awaiting stock, ordered 9th of feb

Got an email stating they're shipping from Friday in date order and all orders should be filled by release.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭blackwave

Is there any chance of the digital release date being brought forward of a lot of people are getting the physical copy early?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

blackwave wrote: »
    Is there any chance of the digital release date being brought forward of a lot of people are getting the physical copy early?

Doubtful. It might set a precedent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

hmm they dont have the Deluxe any more on gamestop online store. had that preordered with a deposit instore. Guhhh

You should have got a mail with the link to buy the deluxe edition today. Just check your spam if not as I got mail to order it.

Finally looked up a video showing classic mode and it looked.....****e. It's set to Easy and then it's like a mobile game where your guy just starts attacking enemies automatically and you issue commands every now and again, does not look fun.

I played the demo on normal and thought some enemies were a bit spongey but seeing easy, enemies were dying in 2 to 3 hits. I enjoy the new combat, real time attacking, dodging, healing, magic and battle tactics.

Anyone actually interested in the classic mode and going to play on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Finally looked up a video showing classic mode and it looked.....****e. It's set to Easy and then it's like a mobile game where your guy just starts attacking enemies automatically and you issue commands every now and again, does not look fun.

I played the demo on normal and thought some enemies were a bit spongey but seeing easy, enemies were dying in 2 to 3 hits. I enjoy the new combat, real time attacking, dodging, healing, magic and battle tactics.

Anyone actually interested in the classic mode and going to play on that?

The idea of classic mode sounded interesting to me when they first revealed it, then i played it in the demo. You watch as your characters auto attack then you input commands when their ATB gauge fills up. Its really bad and i won't touch it. Normal mode is great. Lots of fun and interactivity especially with boss fights

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    You should have got a mail with the link to buy the deluxe edition today. Just check your spam if not as I got mail to order it.

Cheers, I did get it... about 15 minutes after Game UK processed my payment for the order I made last week. Shopto are posting my standard edition copy tomorrow too anyway. hopefully have one by next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

The idea of classic mode sounded interesting to me when they first revealed it, then i played it in the demo. You watch as your characters auto attack then you input commands when their ATB gauge fills up. Its really bad and i won't touch it. Normal mode is great. Lots of fun and interactivity especially with boss fights

Ya I played classic and went the whole way through going that was too easy. Missed the bit where it said it was easy mode. Went through then in Normal much better with more to do and got the Limit Breaks and used potions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement