Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

endainoz wrote: »

Anyone actually seeing that change yet here? Still showing up as the 8th for me.

Anyone actually seeing that change yet here? Still showing up as the 8th for me.

Same for me actually, I had just read about it being pushed forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I bought it there , cheapest anywhere not hugely worried if it arrives on time or not , still have Res Evil 3 and Doom Eternal to start

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My shopto order has shipped, now depends on Royal Mail. Would be beaming if i got this mid next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Finally got my shipping email from square enix store

Download showing up as on the 6th for me now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Feck sake, it should be tomorrow, 100 gigs is gonna take me a few days, clowns!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Where are you seeing that? Showing up as 10th for me on the PS store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Gonna have to do a purge on my PS4, think I've 17GB free at the moment :D

• Advertisement

Thank fcuk for fibre! But with the slower speeds it'll still take a while for me too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Morpork wrote: »

8th for me FFS!

Morpork wrote: »

When I go into my library. To be clear, it's still saying playable on the 10th, just an earlier download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

It could be the 3rd according to this. Probably the 2nd in some regions to ease on traffic

https://www.siliconera.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-digital-copies-wont-release-early-even-though-physical-copies-shipped/

The adjusted preload date might have also gotten people’s hopes up. People who went with a digital copy saw the preload date get bumped up to April 2 or 3, 2020, depending on their region

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

This is gonna take about 3 days to download on a ps4, my xbox would do it in a sec :( Why are PS4 downloads so much slower?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Wonder what % it's playable at

Is it 100 gigs on disk or does it need 100 gigs for the install?
    Games generally need more free space than the actually take up while downloading don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    This is gonna take about 3 days to download on a ps4, my xbox would do it in a sec :( Why are PS4 downloads so much slower?
    I've had the opposite experience, the PS4 has been much quicker downloading stuff than the Xbox.
    The copying part though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Wonder what % it's playable at

Is it 100 gigs on disk or does it need 100 gigs for the install?
    Games generally need more free space than the actually take up while downloading don't they?

45 gig install from the disk apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

According to RM tracking, they handed my FF7 package from ShopTo over to AP at 1am last night... what do you reckon is the chance of it going through the sorting centre today and delivery tomorrow morning (AP Sat delivery happens in my area)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That looks... Very anime.

The script and acting seem really bad and not liking their interpretation of aeris in the trailer.

One thing I did like was the fight with the house enemy which looks next level mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Summons looks great anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They're bringing a lot ofsephiroth and calm flashback forward although that was obvious from the previous trailers. Sephiroth was barely mentioned in Midgar in the original game. I liked the build up. Very much doubt Sephiroth in your face is going to improve things.

Gamestop Europe just posted they are shipping copies from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Gamestop Europe just posted they are shipping copies from today.

Yea gs ireland tweeted this aswell we should get our copies by Monday

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Very much doubt Sephiroth in your face is going to improve things.

Cheers for that!

:pac:

Cheers for that!

:pac:

I make exceptions for sephiroth_dude, dude.

Going to be hard waiting on the PC release of this. Even if I end up hating it I still curious to see how it turns out. I did play all the way through Duke nukem forever one pure curiosity alone and doubt this will be anything less than enjoyable rather than a train wreck. Hopefully I'll get to play a bit in a friend's house... But I can't with covid19! What's a nerd to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Christy42

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They're bringing a lot ofsephiroth and calm flashback forward although that was obvious from the previous trailers. Sephiroth was barely mentioned in Midgar in the original game. I liked the build up. Very much doubt Sephiroth in your face is going to improve things.

I guess it is not exactly pushing him front and center if he appears well into a 50 hour game. Waiting several years for the next installment for the person every knows is the real villain to appear after already putting in 50+hrs doesn't quite work as well as waiting till you stick in disk 2 after 10 hours of playing.

• Advertisement

Well we will see how it works but there is an element of restraint in FFVII which was taken from Glory of Heracles 3 that worked really well in the original. Just hoping they don't squander that build up for fan service.

Advertisement