Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Should have mine today or monday from Gamestop - heroes :D Need to dust off the PS4!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Anyone else chuckle at the sass coming from RedXIII in that trailer?

God I hope they keep the relationship between Barret and RedXIII as much as they can. It was sort of alluded to in the game originally that they give each other crap but would love to see that sort of dynamic kept

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Probably the only part of the script I liked :)

Just off chat with square enix asking why I've no tracking number to see where my delivery is and everyone else seems to have one.

pointed out on my order that I didn't pay for tracking :o whoops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well we will see how it works but there is an element of restraint in FFVII which was taken from Glory of Heracles 3 that worked really well in the original. Just hoping they don't squander that build up for fan service.

TBH this is one thing that's concerning me about the remake as well (and I'm someone who's generally very hyped for it). There were a lot of clues about Sephiroth in the opening parts of the game but no big in your face reveal until a fair bit later on. I'm a little concerned about Midgar being turned into a full game in general as well, I'm really struggling to see how they could get anything close to full length without a lot of filler. I'd be happy if it ends up being 20 odd hours with any filler being optional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone getting delivery from Royal Mail, it says handed off to delivery partner. Link brings me to An Post who don't have an update. Any rough idea how long it took for An Post to show info?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TBH this is one thing that's concerning me about the remake as well (and I'm someone who's generally very hyped for it). There were a lot of clues about Sephiroth in the opening parts of the game but no big in your face reveal until a fair bit later on. I'm a little concerned about Midgar being turned into a full game in general as well, I'm really struggling to see how they could get anything close to full length without a lot of filler. I'd be happy if it ends up being 20 odd hours with any filler being optional.

I actually like the idea of Midgar being turned into a full game. The game was meant to be set in a steampunk city entirely in original pitches and it shows as it's by far the most realized and tightest part of the whole game. It's a wonderful setting, full of character and life and I wish I could have spent more time in it. The game for me never gets as good once you leave midgar, although I enjoyed some of the junon sections.

When I first played the game I thought the whole game would be set in midgar and then was very disappointed when I couldn't go back. I also remember my biggest disappointment in the game was the return to midgar later on which was just a dungeon as I was so looking forward to returning there. So I'm well up for an expanded midgar setting and there's loads of potential there to stretch it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The end of that trailer is ......
    Zack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone getting delivery from Royal Mail, it says handed off to delivery partner. Link brings me to An Post who don't have an update. Any rough idea how long it took for An Post to show info?

Probably a day minimum. Mine is the same. It's definitely in Ireland anyway next stop An Post distribution then out for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

What online store is the best to get the game and do any of um have the steel book?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    What online store is the best to get the game and do any of um have the steel book?

Probably the only place that still has stock is GameStop, though as usual they are the most expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Would it be worth ordering from Amazon for delivery next Friday? I never pre-order games so have been stung by this unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

Would it be worth ordering from Amazon for delivery next Friday? I never pre-order games so have been stung by this unfortunately.

No probably not because of amazon delaying non essential goods at the moment.The only other option in gamestop really

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

As of yesterday they are still going with the April 10th delivery date, I am hoping they might ship it early like they did with Persona Royal last week.

Using Parcel Motel might get you it a few days earlier as well if they do move up the release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Do you guys think Gamestop might deliver earlier or by the 10th? Willing to pay the bit extra for a physical copy.

Do you guys think Gamestop might deliver earlier or by the 10th? Willing to pay the bit extra for a physical copy.

They are shipping their copies today so i say we would get our copies on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Mikiek14 wrote: »
    They are shipping their copies today so i say we would get our copies on Monday

Haven't purchased a copy yet, will I potentially be in that batch being delivered if I buy today?

Haven't purchased a copy yet, will I potentially be in that batch being delivered if I buy today?

Id say go for it but do it quick because they usually dispatch at around 2 even if your not in the initial batch youll still have it by Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Xenji wrote: »
    As of yesterday they are still going with the April 10th delivery date, I am hoping they might ship it early like they did with Persona Royal last week.

Using Parcel Motel might get you it a few days earlier as well if they do move up the release date.

Wouldn't say they shipped P5R early, they didn't ship my copy until Wednesday, the day after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

RedXIV wrote: »
    Just off chat with square enix asking why I've no tracking number to see where my delivery is and everyone else seems to have one.

pointed out on my order that I didn't pay for tracking :o whoops

I’ve no tracking number on mine either - they sent me an email last Thursday saying it was shipped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wouldn't say they shipped P5R early, they didn't ship my copy until Wednesday, the day after release.

It could of been down to getting it shipped to the Antrim Parcel Motel in my case.

lordlame wrote: »
    I’ve no tracking number on mine either - they sent me an email last Thursday saying it was shipped

last thursday......don't suppose you mean yesterday like me? :o

Otherwise I hope you got yours by now!

last thursday......don't suppose you mean yesterday like me? :o

Otherwise I hope you got yours by now!

Last Thursday ( March ) :|

Last Thursday ( March ) :|

Rats. I might not even get mine by the 10th in that case :(

Rats. I might not even get mine by the 10th in that case :(

FC edition as well, have to say I will be pissed if I can't play it on the day. I ordered it in October

FC edition as well, have to say I will be pissed if I can't play it on the day. I ordered it in October

Fingers crossed for ya buddy.

Hopefully you get it today or tomorrow to give me a positive timeline for when mine might arrive!

30 hours seems decent enough. Longer than I like my games to be usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

That's pretty promising actually,maybe means the main story and side quests could have alot of love and care put into them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

Niska wrote: »
    Thanks.

Decided to pull the trigger and hope for the best.

Got shipping confirmation (and an Post tracking code) from Gamestop.

Happy days.

• Advertisement

Niska wrote: »
    Got shipping confirmation (and an Post tracking code) from Gamestop.

Happy days.

Huh still haven’t gotten mine. What time did you get it at? Also when did you pre order?

Advertisement