Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Johnny's quests Bro

He triggers Cloud regularly

Good times

I love Johnny and his da is just as gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

endainoz wrote: »
    Magnify or the remakes version of "all" materia is also really useful especially with heal/support materia

Magnify or the remakes version of "all" materia is also really useful especially with heal/support materia

I use Magnify with Curaga. Only problem was it was healing us 500 instead of 1000+ and sometimes I needed a full boost. Then I saw when you go to use the spell, you can press L1 to use the full spell on one person instead of magnify on all, very very useful feature. Trying to level up Magnify to heal more.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Other tips I'd say is that Barret makes a good ranged/support tank type character. The fact that he has steelskin which stops him being interrupted makes him good at casting high level buffs with slow casttime. Also that his magic is lower than the rest you might not be spending his mana on big firagas anyway.

I just got nailbat last night on hard mode, skipped it on normal. Now I can change stance during an attack which makes Cloud so ninja that it really isn't fair at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    you can press L1 to use the full spell on one person instead of magnify on all

That, I did not know! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Other tips I'd say is that Barret makes a good ranged/support tank type character. The fact that he has steelskin which stops him being interrupted makes him good at casting high level buffs with slow casttime. Also that his magic is lower than the rest you might not be spending his mana on big firagas anyway.

I just got nailbat last night on hard mode, skipped it on normal. Now I can change stance during an attack which makes Cloud so ninja that it really isn't fair at all.

This is pretty much how I have been using Barrett so far. Lifesaver and then some other protective buffs like barrier or steelskin make him great for soaking up damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

curaga and barrier before you even leave midgar? have they left anything for the game parts to come? :rolleyes:

I dont even wanna know what summons they crammed into Midgar :D:(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Some great tips here! I definitely don't have the proper set up yet. It's especially obvious when Tifa keeps saying something along the lines "you should do better" or "that was harder than it should have been". The game wants you to master this system to make everything flow that bit easier.

As for the next game and how it deals with the items carrying over...

I'm only on chapter 10, the below is spoiler from the original game and my guess on the new one.
    I think you lose all your items/materia/weapons when you have to leave Midgar. Would be a good excuse for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think you lose all your items/materia/weapons when you have to leave Midgar. Would be a good excuse for it.

Yeah i suppose having (Original game spoiler)
    Yuffie steal all/most of your **** on the way to junon until wutai would actually be a good work around.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Speaking of in game chatter I'm fairly sure that Cloud saying sh!t is a tell that you are about to get hit or suffer an AOE

After blocking a guy on youtube, one of his videos pops up again on recommended list. Went into his profile and only had the option to unblock. ffs youtube, get your **** together.

Anyway, it's weird, I'm just over half way through the game and can't wait to start the hard playthrough. That's a rare feeling in games these days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does chapter select only become available when you have completed the game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I assumed chapter select came after beating the game but hadn't looked into it.

I'm pretty sure I've never shimmied so much including in real life, why is no-one talking about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure I've never shimmied so much including in real life, why is no-one talking about this?

It is available upon completion.

gimli2112 wrote: »

Shimmying and holding triangle for some objects, they both need to go by the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

they have a lot of those shimmying bits in Jedi: Fallen Order... I think its to help with allowing a map area time to load?

they have a lot of those shimmying bits in Jedi: Fallen Order... I think its to help with allowing a map area time to load?

Yeah the shimmying screams 'hang on a sec while i load the next section'. No excuse for the long button presses though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Someone here mentioned blocking a YouTuber and it reminded me that I also had to unsubscribe from FightingCowboy, who I have followed for a few years now, because every one of his "Episodes" for FFVII has a big wall of text describing major plot points based on the video he has up. Thankfully I was ahead of him, but I know well he was creeping up to me as I haven't played it in 2 days. I don't understand Youtubers that do this with any game, let alone this.

Just put up the video if you're gonna, but have it set to "part 1" or "part 2" or record a whole chapter and call it "chapter 2". Quit spoiling it. I understand the concept of "if you don't like it don't look" but it's very hard to do. Youtube's algorithm on how it recommends videos to you unfortunately doesn't cover spoilery thumbnails and titles.

Glad I got that off my chest.

I'm wide awake, I dunno if I should turn it on now. I just finished chapter 10 recently and it was
    only an hour long
    for me. I dunno how long chapter 11 is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just beat Hellhouse and Abzu with no healing. Was so very tempted to heal on the hellhouse fight as my other party member was taking so much unnecessary damage when I wasn't in control. Took about 6 tries before I got the win. Abzu maybe 2

The boss fights are something else in this game. I like the game as it is, but the more I play the more fond of it I become. They did a great job reinventing classic FF7 for the modern day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Has anyone completed all Hard difficulty Whack-a-Box challenges?

I assume they can only be done on hard mode? I completed them on normal but couldn't find an option to try hard mode.

Edit: just googled it, available in chapter 14. Just got onto chap 12 last night.
    Train Graveyard
    was great, 2 excellent bosses. This is Dark Souls level of bosses, they are just class.

Is there a part in the original game where you go onto a ghost ship? I remember in a lot of the Jrpg's from that time there a ghost ship in a lot of them lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

You afraid of Ghost Ships?

You afraid of Ghost Ships?

Terrified!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

None. The closest is the train graveyard. Or the ship from Junon. But not really ghost ships.

FF6 did have the ghost train.... that you could suplex.

I remember Grandia had one. Pokemon as well I think. Maybe even the quagmire of bad taste Legend of Dragoon? I mean that game was so devoid of any original material it had to have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

There was an enemy in original FFVII called a Ghost Ship. And the crashed plane underwater, the Gelnika, with it's weird unknown enemies could be considered a bit bit ghostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I've completed them. Not too difficult, fill up atb on normal boxes once full use Infinity Edge on large box. Prioritize large boxes blocking route, Infinity Edge can destroy 2 1500 point boxes with a single attack.

• Advertisement

I've completed them. Not too difficult, fill up atb on normal boxes once full use Infinity Edge on large box. Prioritize large boxes blocking route, Infinity Edge can destroy 2 1500 point boxes with a single attack.

I love Infinity Edge so much. I'm not even noticing the little battles (that are nowhere near as annoying as in the original game) as I'm either learning a weapon ability or completing battle intel. Always some kind of challenge.

Advertisement