Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I... made it. I... finished...Final Fantasy Remake...now...I can...rest...*dies of exhaustion*

In all seriousness, this is a lovely 15 hour game at best stretched out painfully thin over 35 hours +. I know some here love the nostalgic aspect and I'm not trying to take that away from you but let's be honest with ourselves: It really did not need to be this long.

It's not even the waves and waves of enemies or trash mobs it throws at you after JUST beating a boss that pad it out as you can make quick work of them. What drags the game out is the infuriating way it constantly interrupts you with mini cut scenes and "look here!" moments. Literally 1 or 2 steps then a pause for needless in-game chatter. I'd rather just one big long cut scene than being constantly interrupted as I'm running and exploring.

Even in boss fights it's constantly stopping to show a mini cinematic cut scene. The final, final boss fight in particular was actually fun but the game just wouldn't let me play it lol. As for the story, the ending was a confusing mess and I'm not even going to try to understand it. Too much sequel baiting.

It's a good game but it would have been way better if it was half the length. I'm gonna try and go for platinum now which I think will be more fun. I can skip cut scenes and focus purely on mastering the best aspect i.e. the combat on Hard difficulty. Should be a fun challenge without items. There also won't be the, 'are we there yet?' factor since I know where all the story beats are.

In short, I liked it overall but not enough to return for the sequel as the story didn't grab me despite liking the characters. I honestly can't understand how this is better received than Final Fantasy XV. People complained about the chapter 13 corridor section (which they patched) yet this one is the patched version of that x 100 and yet it's popping up frequently on Game of the Year lists? :confused:

P.S.the music was fire.

FFXV characters, storyline and systems were total ****e that's why. A very good game in many ways but awful in others. Likewise it's a 100 hour game that would be far better as a more concise 50 hour experience but the japs love a good grindy game.

IMO 7-R has the best story ever told in a game, best direction, best characters and by far the best soundtrack in any game ever. Maybe nostalgia tinted and the fact that I know the whole story already makes some of the stuff that means nothing to new players more significant to the ones that do. They definitely could have done better there but it's amazing when you do understand those little moments and flashbacks/forwards.

There is a lot of wait and see where this goes even for OG fans if you can be bothered. I love the potential twist of
    Seph and Airith knowing the past timeline and trying to change it.

The sequels to 7-R will expand in to a FF15 like open world which is why they will be next gen only and part of the reason the first part was Midgar only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Definitely some strange choices made to service the old fans. I can see how the
    Zack
    moments make no sense for new players. The outcome of them doesn't even make sense for old fans either. TBH they should have been cut from the ending sequence.
    Likewise the Cait Sith (cat thing) scene after the plate falls.
    Yes it's true to the original and you will find out who or what it is in the sequels but it takes away from the tone of that scene and chapter with most new players reactions being wtf is that.

I think there's no doubt the sequels will have a semi open world of some sort to replace the world map from the original. 15 was a beta test for square to try their hand at that before bringing it to 7 remake and they did a pretty great job at it for their first attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Intergrade is out on 10th June, I'm mad to play it especially as it has a new mini game boardgame called Fort Condor that sounds like it could be good. I can't pay 70-80 for the PS5 version though just to play the dlc. Cheapest alternative i can find is buying the ps4 version for 35 in smyths, free upgrade to ps5 version and then pay 20 for yuffie dlc so 55 total but again bit much just to play the dlc. Now games should do standalone dlc like last of us and left behind.

Intergrade is the remake from a slightly different perspective (Yuffie's)? Am I getting that right? FF7 remake remake...?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And is there still no word on the pc release?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Intergrade is the remake from a slightly different perspective (Yuffie's)? Am I getting that right? FF7 remake remake...?

They’ve done themselves no favours with this - it’s confusing

I think the gist is:

Playstation 4 users who purchased ff7 remake and have purchased a ps5 will get the “upgrade” for free.

Ie they can play the ps5 version of FF7 remake ( 60fps etc )

The yuffie dlc is an extra cost and is not coming to ps4 as far as I know

If you buy the ps5 version, it includes the Yuffie dlc ( approx $70 online )

Yeah, Intergrade is the fancy ps5 upgrade, free for ps4 owners. Yuffie is separate DLC only available on PS5. 20 euro to purchase for ps4 game owners or bundled with the ps5 edition which rrp looks like 80 euro which is ****ing crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Can you not buy the DLC for the version of the game that came with PS Plus?

skerry wrote: »
    Can you not buy the DLC for the version of the game that came with PS Plus?

Edit:, Jesus i got go slower with my swipe text) Apparently not, no free upgrade, no dlc option i believe. They should have never added it to plus with those arrangements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Sisterly not, no free tighter, no dlc option i believe. They should have never added it to plus with those arrangements.

Wow, that is classic Sony right there. Always a caveat. Or maybe it was Squenix decision, either way thats some grade A bullsh!t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You'll be able to get the dlc eventually on PS4, think it's exclusive to the PS5 for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I have the game for the PS4. Have not played the PS4 in a while so sold it and got credit plus 25% and am looking out when they are sold. Kept the game. So my question is once I use my disk with the season pass will I get the Yuffi gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

The power of the PS5!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Can we pre download ps5 version if we have ps4 version installed already ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Vicxas wrote: »
    Sorry I'm missing the point on this

Ps4 version.

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1365119303545102337?s=19

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And still no feckin PC release date? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

So.. I've got the PS Plus version - does that mean the only way to get the PS5 update is to buy the game?
    I don't really care about the DLC, but is there no update version for PS Plusers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Polar101 wrote: »
    So.. I've got the PS Plus version - does that mean the only way to get the PS5 update is to buy the game?
    I don't really care about the DLC, but is there no update version for PS Plusers?

Afraid so. It's called out specifically for that scenario, ps+ version doesn't get the upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Not a fan of needing to replay chapters to get things you missed, drawback of the game not being 'open world' :/

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Kiith wrote: »
    And still no feckin PC release date? :mad:

The new version of the game is timed exclusive for 'at least' another 6 months, I would not count on a PC release at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Wow they really made that difficult to upgrade from the PS4 version... very complicated altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Wow they really made that difficult to upgrade from the PS4 version... very complicated altogether

It’s no doubt difficult but they did warn everyone at the time remake was released on ps plus.

A lot more straightforward than it has been previously.
    The option to upgrade is usually buried in the normal store page whereas there is a separate store page for the upgrade this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

A lot more straightforward than it has been previously.
    The option to upgrade is usually buried in the normal store page whereas there is a separate store page for the upgrade this time.

I think it was because I had bought the physical copy but then later downloaded the digital one as it was free on the PSN so it took a lot of routing around, uninstalling it from the HDD, reinstalling from the disc and then going through the different game pages for a while trying to get the upgrade option to show up

I think it was because I had bought the physical copy but then later downloaded the digital one as it was free on the PSN so it took a lot of routing around, uninstalling it from the HDD, reinstalling from the disc and then going through the different game pages for a while trying to get the upgrade option to show up

You don't need to install from disc. Insert the play disc, go to the Upgrade listing and away you go.

On previous upgrades they were hidden behind the 3 dots on the store page and it didn't always allow you to upgrade either. Messy as f.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Any thoughts on the ending?

Advertisement