Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

lordlame wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the ending?

Of intergrade? I liked it.

Still not sure on the Zack stuff though.
    Is it a different timeline? The hole in the roof of the church that cloud made doesn't seem to be there so it looks it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

When in bejaysus is this coming to pc. It was exclusive until April. I'm guess that deal has been extended now with the new dlc and ps5 version. It's probably another year wait now. Hope it's not more.

Hopefully we find out later today.

I think intergrade has a 6 month exclusivity deal so I'm hoping it will make the Christmas release schedule for PC.

Hopefully they actually use that time to throw some bells and whistles on to it like ray tracing features.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    When in bejaysus is this coming to pc. It was exclusive until April. I'm guess that deal has been extended now with the new dlc and ps5 version. It's probably another year wait now. Hope it's not more.

Yeah it's extended, I posted that up above lol. Square have said at least 6 months, I would take that to mean a PC release isnt' even a guarantee anymore. Which is a pattern that will follow through to all the entries

Doubt we'll see any more FFVII stuff this year tbh, probably not until after FFXVI comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'm not sure if a PC port will fix the most issues, if they could cut out about 4 hours of the padding it would make things a lot better. Combat system is great alright, just all the boring stuff in between.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Dave0301

endainoz wrote: »
    I'm not sure if a PC port will fix the most issues, if they could cut out about 4 hours of the padding it would make things a lot better. Combat system is great alright, just all the boring stuff in between.

Agreed that there is a lot of padding. The battle system and the nostalgia factor is what saves it in this regard.

Will hopefully get stuck into the DLC episode later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The update to PS5 is free but it will cost me €20 for the yuffie content? Might just hang on until the full part 2 is ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just finished this, ending spoilers.
    Ending was completely bonkers. When they stopped at the end of the motorway and warned that things won't be the same after we walk through this "gate of destiny" I knew we were in for some nonsense. Fighting a giant destiny demon in the sky of an alternative universe because it looks cool? The original game was crazy enough before they added all these fate whispers into it. And now there's alternative timelines with Zach alive because the story wasn't convoluted enough already. Story complaints aside the animation on the cutscenes was brilliant and the voice acting was great.

It really is fantastic. Best OST not just in any game, but any form of media imo.

The whole sountrack is on Deezer if you want high quality. You can get a free month of Deezer hifi. I accidentally chose the family plan instead of hifi and sent a support ticket asking them to change it and they gave me 3 months of hifi for free. (normally €15 per month)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

That Yuffie DLC is great, finished first run of it the other night and imagine a Remake without padding. Really enjoyed it, and to be honest, the ending of that I enjoyed more than the remake itself. Well worth the price of DLC.

Finally trying hard mode and 1 chapter down and 1 to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Yuffie DLC is good, but
    what is this Nero and Weiss ****e. I know they're from Advent Children but jesus christ come on

Vicxas wrote: »
    Yuffie DLC is good, but
    what is this Nero and Weiss ****e. I know they're from Advent Children but jesus christ come on

Hey at least we didn't get depressed emo cloud from advent children!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hey at least we didn't get depressed emo cloud from advent children!

Please don't invoke him by mentioning emo cloud.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Please don't invoke him by mentioning emo cloud.

I heard he's coming back for the PC port.

I heard he's coming back for the PC port.

This is all on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Finally got round to playing the Yuffie chapter. I played in easy mode because I found FF7R such a slog first time round - not that it was difficult, just there was so much endless filler combat to get through in between the interesting bits and I couldn't be bothered with that again. It turns out the Yuffie chapter is actually a lot more concise and I finished it in 2 sessions. I went in blind without having read anything about it and I was surprised how short it was - after the final playable scene it took me by surprise when credits started to roll as I was fully expecting the game to continue.

Still, it was a fun little campaign, it gave fresh perspective on some events, and the post credits scenes were really excellent and added a lot to the whole package. The remix of Yuffie's theme music was another brilliant piece of music, though I thought the original compositions used for a lot of the game's combat sections (at least I didn't recognise it from elsewhere) was not up to the usual standard.

I considered going and replaying the main FF7R game and revisit the story but I don't think the shiny new PS5 graphics are enough to tempt me back just yet, given I found the combat such a slog previously as I mentioned. Would definitely go for easy mode next time to whizz through the dungeons a little more swiftly.

Might be worth trying in hard mode? It does make the game a bit more challenging and the filler combat becomes much more strategic. I played Yuffie's DLC in hard mode first and found that a good intro to it. Takes away some of the slog factor to the fights.

But full disclosure, if you truly detested the slog, it may not be enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

i felt same about main game . thought about quitting the whole way through last 3 / 4 game cos they dragged everything out so much . i'd enough . i'm going start the dlc next week too i think

after feeling the main completely took the piss of my time with endless filler i must say the yuffie dlc did the opposite . it's a fun 5 hours ! yuffie is such a cool character . her companion is bland enough i can't even rem his name 😅. combat was a nice change .

Coming to PC (via the Epic store) from the 16th December, just announced during the game awards

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ah well, looks like I'm not going home this Christmas. Spending time with family and friends is over rated anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Hopefully gets put up on geforce now

It was on the nvidia release list leak but with a release date of June.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

€80 for the pc version that's due out next week.

They can **** right off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It'd almost be worth the premium to mod out that utterly shite Hojo's Lab section, I'll tell you that much.

To be fair, there's a good 40% of padding that could be taken out, would make for a much more enjoyable experience. Hojos lab definitely took the pi$$ alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Pretty much every section where there was combat should be at least halved, especially that scooby doo ghost train section..

The entire visiting jessies house section + roach or whatever his name is... Heck the game would be like 25% the length of its current form by the time id get done cutting all the crap out of it :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Having got this for £49 on Epic Games, still a rip off, but not the £69 it was on the store, I'm finding it brings back a lot of memories from playing during childhood, only it feels a lot more epic and real in terms of the explosion in the first reactor, y ou really feel the chaos now that you didn't in the original.

I'm running it with a Ryzen 5 3600X + 16GB RAM + MSI RTX 2060 6GB OC Edition at 1440p with high for everything and generally the game works fine at 60fps for the vast majority of the time. However when something happens suddenly there's a bit of a stutter for half of a second which made me do some tests to figure out why.

After the tests it seems while the RTX 2060 and Ryzen 5 3600X are easily fast enough for 1440p with everything on high (it isn't a CPU intensive game) the game does like to guzzle VRAM (generally I'm seeing VRAM usage between 5500MB and 5850MB on my 6GB 2060). I'd recommend a graphics card with 8GB video ram if you want to run in 1440p butter smooth at all times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement