Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel contract

Options
  • 16-06-2015 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

I am aware that I need to write a letter (or email) to you (Electric Ireland) to cancel my subscription, one month in advance. But here is the thing. I am leaving Ireland on June 26, 2015 and will not return to this address (nor country, except for vacation off course). I know it is short notice, but here it is.

Please advise.

With kind regards,
    Roland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi rvtkruys/Roland,

Just to clarify: Electric Ireland does not require a month's notice if a customer has to close their account/move address. In fact, a customer would need to wait until the day they move out (at the earliest) to close their account, as a meter-reading noted on their final day at the address is required.

As well as the final meter-reading (and the date on which it was taken) the name and contact number of whomever would be looking after registration for payment of supply if the premises is vacant (e.g. landlord/lady, letting agent) and an address for forwarding of the final bill would be required.

We can close your account for you here on Boards.ie if you send us a private message stating you are the Electric Ireland account-holder, the final meter-reading, your account number, your name and address in full, and the telephone number we would have for you. When your account is closed, your final bill will generate shortly after.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rvtkruys

Hi rvtkruys/Roland,

Just to clarify: Electric Ireland does not require a month's notice if a customer has to close their account/move address. In fact, a customer would need to wait until the day they move out (at the earliest) to close their account, as a meter-reading noted on their final day at the address is required.

As well as the final meter-reading (and the date on which it was taken) the name and contact number of whomever would be looking after registration for payment of supply if the premises is vacant (e.g. landlord/lady, letting agent) and an address for forwarding of the final bill would be required.

We can close your account for you here on Boards.ie if you send us a private message stating you are the Electric Ireland account-holder, the final meter-reading, your account number, your name and address in full, and the telephone number we would have for you. When your account is closed, your final bill will generate shortly after.

Regards,
    Una
    Thank you so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

No problem at all rvtkruys/Roland, happy to help. :)

We are here on Boards and other social media channels until 6pm Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement