Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fade Street Social v Avenue Restaurant which to choose?

Options
  • 16-06-2015 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Hi

Have American and British visitors over soon and they have been informed about these 2 restaurants. Never been to either and only heard of Fade Street. Has anyone eaten in either of them and what are your views, would you recommend it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Hi

Have American and British visitors over soon and they have been informed about these 2 restaurants. Never been to either and only heard of Fade Street. Has anyone eaten in either of them and what are your views, would you recommend it?

Cheers

Was in Fade Street for the first time over the weekend. It was very good. Staff were very knowledgeable about the product and it was pretty quick service for the size and amount of customers they have. I did notice in the way in that not all seating are chairs, but some odd leather covered benches, just so you know. If your Americans are fond of steak, there is a blackboard on the wall which lists the various cuts of meat, the weight in grams and the price. For example, there was a tomahawk cut that weighed over 1000 grams and was costing €119 - aimed at feeding at least 4 people I was told.

The menu is divided into different sections, such as braised dishes and flatbread based dished. I had braised rabbit, which was good but very small. Even though it was pretty much a full house when I was there, the noise wasn't overwhelming cos of the high ceilings, so you will be able to hear each other reasonably well.
    That's all I can think of. Can't tell you about the cost since I didn't pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Thanks

Ended up booking early bird in Fade street. Not into pretentious places but heard this is more 'hip' than pretentious...so lets see if its hip to be square;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Thanks

Ended up booking early bird in Fade street. Not into pretentious places but heard this is more 'hip' than pretentious...so lets see if its hip to be square;)

I wouldn't describe it as pretentious. I've eaten in there a few times - always enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I wouldn't describe it as pretentious..

Same as. There was a wide mix of people there and quite a good buzz going on up stairs in the bar. Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement