Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthlone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

And here was me thinking "oh great, there's 5 pages of comments about Triathlone. That's a race I'm doing, let's see what people have to say about the race as I've never raced it before" ......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    100 entrants @ €50 entry each equals a pot of €5,000.

50th place finisher has paid his entry fee (par)
    51st place finisher pays €51 (so owes €1)
    49th place finisher pays €49 (so gets back €1)
    100th place finisher pays €100 (so owes €50)
    1st place finisher pays €1 (so gets back €49)

€50 tax goes to me for patenting the idea.

And who's going to stand at the finish line collecting the money? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

back to the actual event on hand :) For those who h+has done it - is the swim upstream, downstream or combined (same distances or)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    back to the actual event on hand :) For those who h+has done it - is the swim upstream, downstream or combined (same distances or)?

It's a new course. Previously the swim was at Coosan which is part of Lough Rea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

iAcesHigh wrote: »

It's maybe 200m upstream and the rest downstream.
    Should be a fast one relatively speaking hopefully.
    River seemed to have a little flow the weekend.

Bike course is nice but all about the wind on the day.
    Road surface grand but typical irish roads.

Run usual higgledy laps around town with short "hill" as they call it.
    Can't work out the route from map tbh so just a case of follow those ahead for lap 1 to know the route!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

My sister has a couple of rooms available for rent over Triathlone weekend. Can anyone tell me where I can advertise this as I'm sure it would break boards.ie rules to post here. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭splanagan22

i see we are required to use transition bags for the race

does anyone know if we are being supplied with the bags? i cannot find the answer on website

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

i see we are required to use transition bags for the race

does anyone know if we are being supplied with the bags? i cannot find the answer on website

Without knowing or checking I'd say its a safe bet that they are supplied. (bleedin better be as I'm not bringing any with me)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

Not much on site about course for kidathalon. If its at Burgess Park it's open water, not sure my lad ready for that just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Bike shop has let me down. Told me my bike would be delivered first week in June, then 2nd and now they are telling me Friday. Raging with them. They are constantly pawning me off.
    I've asked for a bike off the shelf but all they keep saying is "we'll sort you for the race". But what about all the f"£kking training before hand!! This has me stressed!
    Does anyone know if you can rent bikes on the day there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

There are 4 bike shops in Athlone that might be able to help, all have websites.

Planet X
    buckley cycles
    trizone
    DB cycles

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Mos Eisley wrote: »
    There are 4 bike shops in Athlone that might be able to help, all have websites.

Planet X
    buckley cycles
    trizone
    DB cycles

Best of luck

Tried both Planet X and Trizone and can't get through. Will try the other two. Thanks Mos.

Hi all,

Possibly a stupid question, but hey I'm a first timer so I don't mind asking it!

In the transition area for the Super Sprint on Saturday evening is it a free for all regarding where you put your bike or are the bike racks numbered and you just put your bike wherever your race number is?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

The Rook wrote: »
    Hi all,

Possibly a stupid question, but hey I'm a first timer so I don't mind asking it!

In the transition area for the Super Sprint on Saturday evening is it a free for all regarding where you put your bike or are the bike racks numbered and you just put your bike wherever your race number is?

Thanks!

Racks will be numbered.

Ranjo wrote: »
    Racks will be numbered.

Awesome news, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

One mass start for the middle. 450ish with a u turn at 150m should be a bit of crack there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Podge83 wrote: »
    One mass start for the middle. 450ish with a u turn at 150m should be a bit of crack there!!

ha ha that's brilliant, let the battle begin
    #carnage

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭MD1983

Podge83 wrote: »

FFS that is just stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

MD1983 wrote:
    FFS that is just stupid!

Ain't going to help prevent any potential drafting either but will just have to wait and see. No point being negative before race even started

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Best of luck this weekend folks

• Advertisement

hehehe, 450ish and U turn after just 150 - let the fun begin ;) see you all and gl!

anybody swam there yet? Is the current strong, what's the temperature, I presume that it's not as shallow on the banks as was in Athy or?

Am in a quandary as to whether I'm doing this or not... Been down with a cold since Wednesday, I'm not keen on the 7pm start as it'll be well after 11pm by the time I'm home.

Will need to leave hone by 4pm ish to get there in reasonable time to park and register.

Would only be doing it at casual pace at best..

Half of me says "fk it go and have fun" the other is "fk it stay home and enjoy night in with the mrs"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

All the best to everyone racing tomorrow. Hope them thunderstorms keep away and that wind dies down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

anyone know of anyone tweeting updates or anywhere that might have data? Live results here seems pretty limited http://maloo.se/NeptronTimingSPA/#/triathlonehalf2015/?sortOrder=Place&raceId=99&page=0&pageSize=25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Fazz seems to have climbed a lot of places! In 6th OA now

Ranjo wrote: »
    Am in a quandary as to whether I'm doing this or not...
    Anyway, I got up and did it. Happy with the time in the end, despite coughing and spluttering a lot of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Bambaata wrote: »
    anyone know of anyone tweeting updates or anywhere that might have data? Live results here seems pretty limited http://maloo.se/NeptronTimingSPA/#/triathlonehalf2015/?sortOrder=Place&raceId=99&page=0&pageSize=25

Some very fast times being reported. Kevin T broke 4 hours. The live tracker is useless

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tom__jnr2

StaggerLee wrote: »
    Some very fast times being reported. Kevin T broke 4 hours. The live tracker is useless

Results page is of similar quality...

http://results.neptron.se/NeptronTimingSPA/#/triathlone2015/?sortOrder=Place&raceId=102&page=0&pageSize=25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quainy

Thornton finished in first place with a time of 3:58 - Vast majority of the field were between the 4:30 - 5:30 mark. Seemed to be a good race, very few DNF's.

Advertisement