Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just curious- what compact(s) do you have?

• 16-06-2015 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just curious what compact(s) or non-Dslr cameras do you have?

I have a Panasonic LX7, very nice camera. Not very pocket-able but fits in a jacket pocket no problem. Very fast lens (f1.4) and has nice external controls; buttons for different photo crop ratio, types of focus, aperture etc.

I keep it in my car and try to carry it with me most places I go if I don't have my Dslr with me. I'm thinking of changing it for something more pocket-able; the Sony RX100 M3 has a viewfinder and is very pocket-able, very short focal length though.

The Panasonic LX100 looks like a real beauty but is quiet large as 'compacts' go. Canon G7X also looks very nice and also the Sony HX90V (massive focal length and small viewfinder) but not as fast as the others and has a smaller sensor.
    This thread isn't intended as asking for advice on above cameras, I'm just typing my mind (if that makes sense).
    Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

Advertisement