Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

No voicelines for our character is missed oppurtunity and annoying. Even a choice of lines without speech would have been enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Also finished this last night, loved it, played on normal, picked up most of the missable trophies along the way,
    will fight Morgan Freeman later.

Onwards now to the Stick of Truth.

Making slow progress on this only started last night but I don't recall the combat from the first game being this annoying. Not liking having to position the characters and then end up with them blocking another.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished all trophies bar the one for the Token Experience (black & mastermind difficulty), so will have to start a new game. The others weren't as bad as SoT. No missables, don't have to friend absolutely everyone etc. Plus the game map is smaller with fewer sub-areas like the sewers and stuff, so doesn't take as long to search.

Only real pain in the hole was the Yaoi. Found a map in Bebe's basement that shows the approx location of them all but it doesn't show which ones you do or don't have, and there's no number or names in the gallery to check off the ones you've collected. Just had to go searching last night and managed to find them in a few areas I'd skipped because I didn't have the powers to reach them the first time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

This is still censored if you are in Europe, but if it bothers you or puts you off, I found a workaround that I don't know if anyone here knows (ye probably do, but just in case someone here doesn't and is put off playing it);

Don't download it from the Ireland/UK region. If you have already downloaded it, delete/uninstall it and change your region to USA. You'll know you've done that correctly if the store items are all in US $.

Find Stick of Truth and 'Install' it again. You can switch your region back to Ireland/UK wherever you are then.

Voila. Uncensored.

I did this last night and I can confirm it worked.
    I was able to partake in the probing section of the game.... ouch.
    And note: You have to delete it first before changing the region and redownloading it - simply changing the region after having the game installed didn't work as it was still the European "store" I got it from.

Hope I've helped any newcomers to the game(s). Probably haven't, and this method has probably already been known for ages, but I didn't know, so I'm helping those in my position :p

• Advertisement

change your region to USA

And how would one get this done?

dudeeile wrote: »
    And how would one get this done?

Go into your Xbox's Settings and go to System.

You'll find Language & Region (or something along those lines) in that tab.

Change your region to USA and then you'll be prompted to restart

Go into your Xbox's Settings and go to System.

You'll find Language & Region (or something along those lines) in that tab.

Change your region to USA and then you'll be prompted to restart

I'm PS mad so I just presumed, silly me! You can't do that on the PS unless you have another region account and I've already used my code on my Irish one, had I only known. Anyway, good info for others.

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'm PS mad so I just presumed, silly me! You can't do that on the PS unless you have another region account and I've already used my code on my Irish one, had I only known. Anyway, good info for others.

Oh my god I completely forgot this wasnt an option on PS4, and I have one an all. F**k sake. Sorry. I wasnt thinking ><

I came back to this after a week break and its definitely not as bad as my rant was making it out to be. The main quest is fun. The game is good. I was/am peeved with some of their design choices. I will not be doing any of the collect quests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Seeing far too many reasonable posts on Boards these days

I came back to this after a week break and its definitely not as bad as my rant was making it out to be. The main quest is fun. The game is good. I was/am peeved with some of their design choices.

Definitely agree. I enjoyed it a lot and it got a lot better as it went on. Feels like a step down in many aspects compared to Stick of Truth though, which is worse considering the year delay in releasing the game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seeing far too many reasonable posts on Boards these days

Post something mildly negative to neutral about the Switch in the general discussion thread and see how long that lasts :pac:

How many hours were people at when they finished this? I defeated
    Professor Chaos
    last night but don't feel like I'm too near the end yet and I'm sitting on 13 hours or so. I finished the first game in two sittings so it feels like I'm getting a lot more mileage out of this one.

19 hours here.

I wasn't speed running the story mode, nor was I collecting/doing Everything, but I was doing most things.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That sounds about right so, definitely a bit longer than the first game anyway.

Think I clocked in around 21hrs but would have had a fair bit going on in the background at times. Didn't rush and only had 2 side quests remaining
    Yaoi & Cats
    and logged in after that and beat
    Freeman
    first run.

I came back to this after a week break and its definitely not as bad as my rant was making it out to be. The main quest is fun. The game is good. I was/am peeved with some of their design choices. I will not be doing any of the collect quests.

I'm thinking should maybe walk away for a few days too, just can't get into it I've just got the
    drugs for the stripper

The combat feels very sparse at this point , more so than the first game?

Also annoyed by some of the design choices like with gear not mattering but I noticed some of it has slots so maybe that will be a factor later????

Also annoyed by some of the design choices like with gear not mattering but I noticed some of it has slots so maybe that will be a factor later????

No, none of your gear matters. You can equip artifacts etc but changing your gear doesn't affect that.

It does mean you can change gear at will to whatever you want without worrying about removing or re-equipping stickers like in the last game, but yeah it does mean changing your gear has no effect.

I presume the slots you saw are the artifact slots, you just unlock those from leveling up.

Kind of glad I played the 2nd game 1st so, reading posts like these :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

The slots on the clothing are for colours I think.

The slots on the clothing are for colours I think.

Ah ha, so it is !!!!! you can press Y on an equipped item and change it's colour.

Mastermind difficulty is barely noticeable. Maybe when it comes to boss fights where the bosses use cheap tactics, but really seems to make little difference for the most part.

Penn wrote: »
    Mastermind difficulty is barely noticeable. Maybe when it comes to boss fights where the bosses use cheap tactics, but really seems to make little difference for the most part.

Yeah I've been playing it that way from the start for the achievement and I had to double check a few times I wasn't still on easy.

Same only time I've died is from cheap boss mechanics f'n
    mitch conners/carman
    took me 3 attempts to get the right crew together all the while forgetting I had just prior to the fight got the fart that
    lets you summon a clone of yourself

Well I finished it last night with 34/35 achievements. Unfortunately the one I'm missing is the final "unmissable" story related achievement. :mad:

Was wondering how you had Token experience and not that one.

For those missing the Tweek and Craig pictures I used this to work out which ones I'd missed. You can check ones you have in settings/gallery and match them up with the pictures in the guide.

http://www.gamersheroes.com/game-guides/south-park-fractured-whole-yaoi-art-location-guide/

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well I finished it last night with 34/35 achievements. Unfortunately the one I'm missing is the final "unmissable" story related achievement. :mad:

Sh*te. Any chance a future update might pop it if it's a bug?

Penn wrote: »
    Sh*te. Any chance a future update might pop it if it's a bug?

Hopefully, seems to have happened to a few people going by reddit and elsewhere.

I wasn't saving very often as the game wasn't particularly hard and it doesn't look like it keeps the autosaves.

Not a hope in hell I'll do a second play through for it.

I noticed a few achievements didn't pop straight away but they all popped after restarting the game apart from this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Finished this today. Absolutely loved the throw backs to the older seasons. Really enjoyed it

Advertisement