Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya gonna def do the canada way, 3 x 20 cards comes to 41.43 euro. Is it definitely only 60 dollars on canadian store? Seems very cheap even compared to us. Only downside i see is the dlc for the new South park but I'm sure if i wanted it, i could buy it seperately from the can store anyway.

40 quid for 2 south park games is a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ya gonna def do the canada way, 3 x 20 cards comes to 41.43 euro. Is it definitely only 60 dollars on canadian store? Seems very cheap even compared to us. Only downside i see is the dlc for the new South park but I'm sure if i wanted it, i could buy it seperately from the can store anyway.

40 quid for 2 south park games is a bargain!

It's $79.99 on Canadian store but still works out at €55. Games on US store that are $60 are 80 on Canadian but still works out the same in euros

Ah right, I have a tenner Irish credit already so might just get it from there so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Why is their a censored version?
    Like what do they say or do that could not just have a rating applied to it?
    Like GTA isn't censored. Is it some racist or anti-Semitic or bigoted words?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The scenes that are censored aren't even that bad. Typical South Park fare. I got mine from the US store when it launched on PS3. The new game will be gotten from North America too.

The banned scenes are on http://ie.ign.com/videos/2014/03/04/7-banned-moments-in-south-park-the-stick-of-truth

From what I recall only console versions were censored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I think the censored moments were the abortion, anal probe and some nazi scenes. These were due to legal restrictions in Germany and censor decisions in Australia if I recall.

Anyone give Stick of Truth a go yet on ps4 or xone? any difference from last gen?

The Gold Edition is on the canadian store for $110 which equals €76 but there is an offer where if you spend $100 you get $15 (€10) credit but not straight away. So you could get the Gold edition for €66 over €90 on the Irish store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone give Stick of Truth a go yet on ps4 or xone? any difference from last gen?

PS4. Nothing much really, can't even say I notice a change in quality of the graphics, but it has been over 2 years since I was near it so they could well be better. Only played about 3 hours so far but it might as well be the PS3 version, but I still love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PS4. Nothing much really, can't even say I notice a change in quality of the graphics, but it has been over 2 years since I was near it so they could well be better. Only played about 3 hours so far but it might as well be the PS3 version, but I still love it.

In fairness, I don't really know if you could improve the graphics for it. I'd be more interested in if the loading times are any faster. Was a bit of a pain in the hole on PS3.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    In fairness, I don't really know if you could improve the graphics for it. I'd be more interested in if the loading times are any faster. Was a bit of a pain in the hole on PS3.

Again I don't remember much, but loading times are next to non existant when moving from room to room in places. And they're not that bad moving from new place to new place, I haven't noticed them being long.

Maybe check out a let's play on youtube from a next gen version and you might see if they're much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Surely the stuttering that plagued the PS3 version is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

'UBISOFT INVENTS FART-SMELLING VIRTUAL REALITY TECH FOR SOUTH PARK'

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/08/12/ubisoft-invents-fart-smelling-virtual-reality-tech-for-south-park
    Virtual Reality may be filling our eyes and ears right now, but Ubisoft has taken things a step further by creating a Nosulus Rift - a mask that pipes the smell of farts into your nose as you create them in South Park: the Fractured But Whole. Yes.

This actual, genuine, no-fooling real bit of tech will be travelling to Cologne in time for Gamescom, where at least one person from the IGN team will be forced to use it. I really hope it's not me.

Whoever gets the honour, they'll likely end up smelling more than they bargained for. As producer Jason Schroeder puts it, "one of your special abilities [as hero, the New Kid] is really the power of your ass."

Taking the absolute píss out of VR and generating interest through innovation. Can't wait for this game! :D

394190.jpg

Some gameplay vids from Gamescom

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ooh december 6th, nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"Ow my atoms!" :D

Cannot wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Don't watch it. It'll be better if you don't know going in. I was tempted but I turned it off after a minute. :)

Looks like there are plenty of classes to choose from and you can change your class afterwards

Kirby wrote: »
    Don't watch it. It'll be better if you don't know going in. I was tempted but I turned it off after a minute. :)

Same here, I do it with most games like this, knew feck all about Stick of Truth going in other than good reviews and it was fantastic

Kirby wrote: »

There's certain games I am always going to buy. Civilization, Xcom, Fallout. Sout Park is another. I see no point in ruining any of the surprise for these. I really hate this new trend in movies and games of everything being known before release. I prefer the bit of mystery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Will be asking my sister to give me this for christmas ahaha
    I never had the chance to buy a PS3 so didn't get to play TSOT, super excited now as I've been waiting since release to play it, looks like the wait will finally come to an end and on top of it i get a second SP game gwaaannn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

lertsnim wrote: »
    Surely the stuttering that plagued the PS3 version is gone

Jimmy is still in it I'm afraid.

latest?cb=20121028062140

Delayed into Q1 2017 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Damn :(

And there will still be a day 1 patch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Balls. Big sweaty chocolate salty balls. :(

Season 20 has just started. I'd say it will be released shortly after Season 20 ends. Might be some tie ins or spoilers between the two.

Really disappointed with this now, was looking forward to giving this a proper day or 3 around christmas time

Season 20 has just started. I'd say it will be released shortly after Season 20 ends. Might be some tie ins or spoilers between the two.

Thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten it was back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten it was back.

Now do you 'member?

Advertisement